Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 07:03 PM

131 posts, read 616,410 times

Advertisements

Oh no, you don't have trolls here too. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2006, 08:53 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,856,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudmuffin View Post
If you're really interested in an area, the most accurate way to find out the crime stats is to ask the local police.
While the police may have a view, I would like to hear a view from the locals too. Then weight them both out Thanks for the tip.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:58 AM

19 posts, read 98,622 times
I am a local who is a long time resident at two addresses on the north side here. And like many a "Blighted" neighborhood the crime rate can vary much from area to area and somewhat also from block to block. The most violent crime area is generally just north of downtown but seems to get nicer the further north you go. I have traveled much by bus to the more prosperous south side uptown area for coffee, dining etc because there are few such establishments here over north and have met many over south who tell of people being robbed on the way to going out for a drink or bite to eat.
I think there could be a good spot here for someone who works downtown but does not drive as it is only one short busride downtown. Many car drivers take the bus anyway as it saves time+money as opposed to parking downtown. There are many of houses up for sale here recently so depending on who moves into them will decide how these neighborhoods turn out in the future...

Old 11-03-2006, 07:39 PM

111 posts, read 347,706 times
Default North Minneapolis

Was up. Im a 14 year old. ive live in north minneapolis all my life.You heard its bad. well since ive lived here all my life ive gotten used to it so i would say its gotten worse. so far this year we had about 60 somethin murders ive lost count.last year we only had 49 . that was nothing. i think its bad because us norhsiders have nothing to do they dont have many programs for us teens. so we do have a lot of wanna be gangbangers. i wont lie im a wanna be myself.what else do you want to know? write me back.

Old 11-11-2006, 10:42 AM

751 posts, read 1,179,672 times
Default N Minneapolis is terrible!

Worst neighborghood in the whole state of Minnesota, terrible ghetto full of thugs, lowlives and crime. This neighborhood does not represent at all what Minnesota is about (good neighborhoods, good schools, civilized people), stay away from this dump!

Old 12-20-2006, 07:41 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,123,644 times
North Minneapolis is like heaven compared to more notorious hoods like Cabrini-Green in Chicago, Liberty City in Miami, etc.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:45 PM

2 posts, read 8,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynncj View Post
I hear on the news all the time that North Minneapolis is a really bad neighborhood. There's has been a lot of crime. DO NOT LIVE THERE!!! PLEASE???

Do u always belive what you hear on the t.v. north minneapolis is not that bad of a place to live i should know i used to live there, it depends where you live.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:47 PM

2 posts, read 8,308 times
anybody who says that north minneapolis is a bad place to live and has never lived there and is beliveing the news then u r ignorent and need to live there for 2yrs and then tell me if u'r mind has changed.

Old 01-28-2007, 01:55 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,381,304 times
Find me a decent house there and I will.

Old 02-03-2007, 04:37 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,763,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantum22 View Post
anybody who says that north minneapolis is a bad place to live and has never lived there and is beliveing the news then u r ignorent and need to live there for 2yrs and then tell me if u'r mind has changed.

totally depends on the area you live in there. Its spotty from neighborhood to neighborhood. You could be in a decent area due to working class families with a strong neighborhood watch that all know one another...and two blocks over its condemned houses and crime. Its actually really interesting to drive up to the Dowling Ave exit, pick a street, and head south into the more centralized north areas. One block its fine, next block is sketchy, repeat the whole way until you end up on Olson Memorial Highway. Someone I know lived off 42nd and Aldrich and they never even bothered to lock their doors most times. Stupid I know, but in that area it wasnt bad at all.

Victory neighborhood is free of most of the crime thats in all surrounding neighborhoods, and thats North Minneapolis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul