Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:46 PM

77 posts, read 305,552 times

Advertisements

it does too make you feel a little weird but thats mostly because of dehydration (plasma is mostly water and if you stay hydrated, its barely noticeable. also if you have issues with needles, you will feel queasy no matter what). its nothing like how lousy you feel after donating whole blood. easy money! who couldn't use an extra $60 a week for sitting there reading a magazine with a needle in your arm? just stay away from ZLB, as previously stated. biolife all the way. hit 'em up in mounds view. awesome staff, total pros.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 04:43 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,678,729 times
my plan:

The night before donating, drink seriously as much water as you can. Then drink water ALL day the day before you go...Then eat a giant meal right before...It takes literally 40 minutes for me. Its awesome

Old 08-17-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopsie goldburg View Post
it does too make you feel a little weird but thats mostly because of dehydration (plasma is mostly water and if you stay hydrated, its barely noticeable. also if you have issues with needles, you will feel queasy no matter what). its nothing like how lousy you feel after donating whole blood. easy money! who couldn't use an extra $60 a week for sitting there reading a magazine with a needle in your arm? just stay away from ZLB, as previously stated. biolife all the way. hit 'em up in mounds view. awesome staff, total pros.

I go to ZLB and it's perfectly fine, quit giving it a bad wrap man. Well, I go to Duluth's though.......

I agree, easy easy easy money. I sit there, read a mag, check my email, or watch episodes online.... Then get $250 a month. It pays my cell phone, car insurance, and my membership to snap, with spedning money left over....

Old 08-17-2009, 06:27 PM

i'm sure ZLB is fine in duluth. actually i remember driving by the one on superior street, looking through the windows and noting how much nicer it looked than the dinkytown one i went to.

eggs, eat a lot of eggs in addition to all the water. and nuts. gotta have protien.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopsie goldburg View Post
i'm sure ZLB is fine in duluth. actually i remember driving by the one on superior street, looking through the windows and noting how much nicer it looked than the dinkytown one i went to.

eggs, eat a lot of eggs in addition to all the water. and nuts. gotta have protien.

Eggs huh? Never thought of that.... Good Idea

Yeah, the ZLB actually just turned into their parent company, CSL. Of course you get the usual sketchy people, but it's mixed pretty well with College Kids. From what I see though, the workers are all clean and the entire facility is nice.. and I'm picky. I havent heard good things of ZLB in the cities.

There is a decent looking one in Fridley on University and Mississippi Street.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:31 AM

1 posts, read 7,982 times
I just moved from up north where they have a bio life. Does anyone have any recommendations for south of the cities? Near Burnsville, savage, EP, Prior Lake etc? Thanks

Old 06-07-2010, 06:55 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_ride View Post
what are some good plasma donation centers in the twin cities? i like donating, its a great way to pay for gas. the only place i have heard of is ZLB. any others, particularly on the south side? this is surprisingly difficult information to track down.
Strange terminology ( plasma donation)

It sure isn't donating when they are paying you a good price for supplying them with a product they need.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:05 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,063,464 times
Biolife

my dad donates there twice a week to pay for gas for his commute

he goes to the one in st cloud and has never had any problems or bad experience, and hes been going there almost 2 years

Old 06-07-2010, 10:06 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,063,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post

It sure isn't donating when they are paying you a good price for supplying them with a product they need.
Lol i never realized that but its true

Old 06-08-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post

the way they explain it is, you are paid for your time, not your plasma. i don't know many people who would sit for an hour with a huge needle in their arm, for free. if they didn't pay, nobody would do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul