Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 12:15 PM

4,880 posts, read 6,947,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
My political party? Settle down now. You don’t know me. And I would argue that our constitution is primarily what encourages the protestors. Please refer to the first amendment.

Nobody deserves for their business or home to be looted and burned and nobody with half a brain is suggesting otherwise. There is a clear distinction between protesting and rioting. One of them is ok and the other is not.
We can agree on most everything you posted here. I have read many of your posts over time and I do wonder what branch of the Republican Party you say that you represent after denying the other. The only other possibility being Libertarian which would shock me.

Minneapolis' mayor, city council, and police department cannot continue to sit idly by holding hands singing Kumbaya. This is exactly what was done last night as your worthless mayor established a curfew, then made no effort to impose it as the rioters had their way again.

You cannot wait a week or two or recovering from this may not happen. Just read some of the posts on C-D from people posting that they've had it with this city and are seriously considering leaving. Who can blame them? Multiply that throughout the Twin Cities and it isn't a pretty site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 12:32 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,102,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
I recognize your sarcasm. If left in the hands of your spineless mayor and incompetent governor you may be right. Make sure you vote for their re-election 2 years from now with all their strong liberal values.

Right now a strong show of force by a federalized national guard, local police department, and even active duty military looks to be in order. Enough of this foolishness.
Good grief. What do you think that accomplishes? If you kick the can down the road like this nation always has, you risk moving this to a brink of collapse. You don't combat anger over police brutality with more police brutality. You can... but it isn't an effective long-term solution.

Old 05-30-2020, 01:15 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,102,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
Good grief. What do you think that accomplishes? If you kick the can down the road like this nation always has, you risk moving this to a brink of collapse. You don't combat anger over police brutality with more police brutality. You can... but it isn't an effective long-term solution.
outside agitator

Old 05-30-2020, 01:28 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,391,999 times
Quote:
Two wrongs don’t make a right.
I don't see why people can't just be happy with one wrong repeated over and over again, never addressed, for generation after generation. Some people, eh?

Old 05-30-2020, 01:33 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,391,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I don't see why people can't just be happy with one wrong repeated over and over again, never addressed, for generation after generation. Some people, eh?
If you’re attempting to justify the looting, vandalism and burning, just stop. You’re flat out wrong.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
outside agitator
I fail to see how my location invalidates the question I posed to another member just as I don't think your location is the reason that you're currently trolling. If you disagree with me, at least respond to what I wrote.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:08 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,102,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
I fail to see how my location invalidates the question I posed to another member just as I don't think your location is the reason that you're currently trolling. If you disagree with me, at least respond to what I wrote.
I was referring to who you were responding to.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I was referring to who you were responding to.
Okay, sorry about that then. If not for COVID, I'd give you a whoops my bad handshake.

Old 05-31-2020, 08:58 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,391,999 times
Quote:
If you’re attempting to justify the looting, vandalism and burning, just stop. You’re flat out wrong.
I am not justifying the looting at all, but certain people don't accept any reaction, civilized or barbaric, to the huge disparity in "justice" in this country.

They like the status quo.

They like minorities being "put in their place".

They like to see good 'ol boy vigilantes blast "suspicious" people in the chest with shotguns.

They like to see jack-booted authoritarians crush windpipes.

They like to see "law and order" burst into people's homes, kill the innocent residents then arrest the survivors for trying to defend their lives under the auspice of the 2A*

*if they are black.

Old 06-01-2020, 05:44 AM

4,880 posts, read 6,947,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I am not justifying the looting at all, but certain people don't accept any reaction, civilized or barbaric, to the huge disparity in "justice" in this country.

They like the status quo.

They like minorities being "put in their place".

They like to see good 'ol boy vigilantes blast "suspicious" people in the chest with shotguns.

They like to see jack-booted authoritarians crush windpipes.

They like to see "law and order" burst into people's homes, kill the innocent residents then arrest the survivors for trying to defend their lives under the auspice of the 2A*

*if they are black.
No one "likes" any of the above crap you just posted. You're spouting narratives from listening to too many bullhorn speeches from the likes of radical morons like Sharpton, Moore, and that idiot pastor from Chicago that Obama loved so much whatever his name was (don't feel like looking it up because he's inconsequential).

Update:

All right, looked it up for the sake of curiosity, Jeremiah Wright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul