Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 03:04 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,451,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearedtowardssalad View Post
OP, why would you post about your Congressional representative for South Minneapolis in the greater MN forum? You have the MSP subforum for a reason.
Can't speak for Glenfield obviously, but one of my guesses would be that it's because all too often the entire state gets lumped in with her from the national perspective whenever she does or says something reprehensible....

....which is quite often.

Old 03-31-2020, 07:00 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,715,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearedtowardssalad View Post
OP, why would you post about your Congressional representative for South Minneapolis in the greater MN forum? You have the MSP subforum for a reason.
It was an error. I thought I had posted it to the MSP forum.

Old 03-31-2020, 07:28 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
It was an error. I thought I had posted it to the MSP forum.
new at this?

Old 03-31-2020, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
new at this?
Yes. I don’t start many threads. I asked the moderator to move it. Any other issues you have today?

Old 04-01-2020, 07:45 PM

Ilhan Omar is showing her true colors on Twitter today by advocating flogging for another Muslim who accused her of adultery. This is a bit twisted for a US lawmaker.
https://twitter.com/ilhanmn/status/1...744984066?s=21

Old 04-01-2020, 08:01 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Ilhan Omar seems to believe that ethics laws and rules do not apply to her. She is unfit to hold office and, while she won’t, she should resign. It’s a shame that the voters of MNCD5 chose her to represent us when they had the choice of other more experienced and certainly more ethical Democrats. Let’s hope that they reject identity politics and vote Omar out of office this year.
I want Rashida Tlaib for President! and Ilhan Omar for Secretary of State after the November election. I would prefer Omar for President but she's ineligible under the Constitution. As for Tlaib:

Rashida Tlaib has not yet declared but in many ways she'd be the ideal Democratic nominee. She has risen from being dirt poor to Congress. That's great in itself. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has that quality but sadly is too young to run. She's 29.

Tlaib checks off the following identity boxes:
  1. Female
  2. Young
  3. Minority
  4. Progressive
  5. Single mother (divorced)
  6. Rashida Tlaib becomes first Muslim woman to preside over House floor
  7. For Rashida Tlaib, Palestinian Heritage Infuses a Detroit Sense of Community
She hates what America has become, loves what it can be. She can help expand the glorious diversity of the future of America and shuck the hidebound ideology of its past, which correctly led the Right Reverend Jeremiah Wright to express negative views on America before the Obama presidency (link to source, and here's a transcript) :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah Wright
When it came to treating her citizens of Japanese decent fairly, she failed. She put them in internment prison camps. When it came to treating her citizens of African decent fairly, America failed. She put them in chains. The government put them in slave quarters, put them on auction blocks, put them in cotton fields, put them in inferior schools, put them in substandard housing, put them in scientific experiments, put them in the lowest paying jobs, put them outside the equal protection of the law, kept them out of their racist bastions of higher education and locked them into position of hopelessness and helplessness. The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law, and then wants us to sing “God Bless America.” No, no, no. Not “G-d Bless America”; God Dim America! That’s in the Bible, for killing innocent people. God Damn America for treating her citizen as less than human. God Damn America as long as she keeps trying to act like she is God and she is supreme!

The United States government has failed the vast majority of her citizens of African decent.
Tlaib can, in short, absorb the disaffected of America, and make them into equal citizens.

Another aspect is that unlike Trump she is a calm person, soothed, even by events in which others find only horror. She can find the positive in anything, take lemons and make lemonade as it were.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:18 PM

4,869 posts, read 6,933,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I want Rashida Tlaib for President! and Ilhan Omar for Secretary of State after the November election. I would prefer Omar for President but she's ineligible under the Constitution. As for Tlaib:

Rashida Tlaib has not yet declared but in many ways she'd be the ideal Democratic nominee. She has risen from being dirt poor to Congress. That's great in itself. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has that quality but sadly is too young to run. She's 29.

Tlaib checks off the following identity boxes:
  1. Female
  2. Young
  3. Minority
  4. Progressive
  5. Single mother (divorced)
  6. Rashida Tlaib becomes first Muslim woman to preside over House floor
  7. For Rashida Tlaib, Palestinian Heritage Infuses a Detroit Sense of Community
She hates what America has become, loves what it can be. She can help expand the glorious diversity of the future of America and shuck the hidebound ideology of its past, which correctly led the Right Reverend Jeremiah Wright to express negative views on America before the Obama presidency (link to source, and here's a transcript) :
Tlaib can, in short, absorb the disaffected of America, and make them into equal citizens.

Another aspect is that unlike Trump she is a calm person, soothed, even by events in which others find only horror. She can find the positive in anything, take lemons and make lemonade as it were.
No doubt, an April Fools Post, and a good one.

Be careful, someone might believe you.

Last edited by jmgg; 04-01-2020 at 09:39 PM..

Old 04-01-2020, 09:27 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,451,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
No doubt, and April Fools Post, and a good one.

Be careful, someone might believe you.
Probably legit......the poster is from New York after all.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:39 PM

4,869 posts, read 6,933,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Probably legit......the poster is from New York after all.
Now you made me curious and I had to check his Bio.

It's DEFINITELY an April Fools post.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:35 AM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Now you made me curious and I had to check his Bio.

It's DEFINITELY an April Fools post.
Not necessarily. If you checked my posts rather than my Bio I am an liberal Democratic extremist with an IQ of 79. So maybe I'm not that smart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul