Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 01:53 PM

256 posts, read 287,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweilo845 View Post
I agree that there are issues with the store (not a fan of the panhandlers around it) but it's actually one of the top performers in the region and they're doing a major expansion of the store.
Yep. I mean you get some shady types wandering through it, but it's also frequented by everyone living in those shiny new apartments they've been building downtown, not to mention all the "young professionals" on their lunch breaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 06:20 PM

871 posts, read 1,090,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Ha! They kept it open? That is hilarious. The last I heard it was shoplifters paradise and was doomed to close. Must be getting big subsidies from corporate to be politically correct LOL.

Doesn't surprise me with the current morons running Target corp. Nice job on the Canadian venture. Almost busted the company on that one.
Or put differently: "Blah, blah, blah- I have no facts".

Old 04-04-2017, 02:18 AM

23,240 posts, read 29,093,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota Spring View Post
San Jose, Lol! The overgrown suburb of San Francisco that will become the next Detroit when the tech boom bust or Amazon puts the other tech companies out of business.
The Silicon Valley high tech crowd has been slowly relocating to downtown San Francisco, and if they could build the high rises fast enough, they'd get there quicker. San Jose has height limits due to the Airport, so they can only go so far skyward, like 19 stories. And Nimby's galore, just like so many other parts of CaliforNimbya!

As for downtown L.A., they just defeated Measure S, which would have put a halt to the growing Manhattanization of L.A. I was just there last week, cranes, cranes everywhere, and a slew of more high rises on the way, along with older office buildings being converted to condo/lofts. They're even putting skads of new housing into Chinatown.

I left Minneapolis in 5/93, before it became super-civilized, and now living in one of the most uncivilized cities in the country: Las Vegas? How did that happen???????

Old 04-09-2017, 02:24 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,528,776 times
I claim to have no business insight or knowlege about downtown Minneapolis.
Just over 50 years of watching and hearing and partaking in that area.
Three years ago stayed at Marriott in downtown. Heard gunshots in middle of night.
Will not go back unless things change.
Almost everyday on news shootings and attacks in Minneapolis.
No thanks.

It's a shame as it is with any city or place that gets over ran by crime and or gang bangin

Old 04-09-2017, 05:45 PM

256 posts, read 287,587 times
So you stayed downtown once three years ago and heard gunshots, and are extrapolating that this is a daily occurrence?

Don't get me wrong... I'm not forgiving any ****head activity that occasionally happens in Minneapolis, like in any other city. But you make it sound like it's some kind of gangland hellscape, which it most decidedly is not. I've lived downtown for 3 years (like 5 blocks from that hotel), and can't think of the last time I heard gunshots, nor even felt unsafe anywhere. Mildly annoyed, sure; there's always going to be that when you get this many humans in one spot.

Of course, once you get into North Minneapolis you get more sustained ****headery, but downtown it's just not as common as you make it sound.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursicinus View Post
So you stayed downtown once three years ago and heard gunshots, and are extrapolating that this is a daily occurrence?

Naw Ursic.
Now, I could go on with more experiences.......but why ramble on

And the daily accounts are from the happenings in the news, not by me.
Ya know?

Yes, Northeast is bad. Way bad.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:16 PM

413 posts, read 790,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Naw Ursic.
Now, I could go on with more experiences.......but why ramble on

And the daily accounts are from the happenings in the news, not by me.
Ya know?

Northeast isn't bad. It's arguably the most desirable part of Minneapolis in which to live. You must be thinking of North Minneapolis?

Old 04-09-2017, 06:41 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,722,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
This is a factually inaccurate statement from a nice, but mixed up lady who watches too much TV news.

Old 04-09-2017, 07:17 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,102,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
This is a factually inaccurate statement from a nice, but mixed up lady who watches too much TV news.
it's almost like the swallows have returned to Capistrano again

Old 04-09-2017, 07:26 PM

I see the same ole pack of wolves are here

Silly boys!

Last edited by Atalanta; 04-09-2017 at 07:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul