Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 01:25 AM

2 posts, read 3,251 times

Advertisements

We will be visiting family in Minneapolis and are looking for recommendations for Mexican food for one of our meals. *fingers crossed* Thanks for your help, this forum rocks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 05:19 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,443,483 times
Are you limited to just "Minneapolis" or are you looking for something in the Metro area generally? The West Side of St. Paul probably has the best choices for Mexican food.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:27 AM

391 posts, read 662,335 times
Like G.G. said St. Paul has a concentration of Mexican places on the West Side (District del Sol) across the river from downtown along Cesar Chavez St. Take either the Wabasha St. or Robert St. bridge from downtown, and go left at Cesar Chavez.

In Minneapolis there is a lot of Mexican dining on E. Lake in Midtown between 35W & Hiawatha Ave.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:39 AM

2 posts, read 3,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Are you limited to just "Minneapolis" or are you looking for something in the Metro area generally? The West Side of St. Paul probably has the best choices for Mexican food.
We don't mind driving for Mexican! It's our favorite.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:08 PM

480 posts, read 848,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eceteacher View Post
We will be visiting family in Minneapolis and are looking for recommendations for Mexican food for one of our meals. *fingers crossed* Thanks for your help, this forum rocks!!
That's a great question. Does one of the long-tenure posters have a list of favorite Twin Cities-area restaurants grouped by genre? (Thai, Chinese, Mexican, German, East Indian, Burgers, Breakfasts, Coffee shops, Steaks, Desserts, Bakeries, Deli food, sports bars, haute cuisine, vegetarian places, and so on.)

I suppose I could check Yelp or UrbanSpoon, but both of them tend to be crowded with reviews from people who go to a place once, then go online to express their eternal disdain, because one of their french fries was insufficiently crisp ("It was my first time there, and I ordered an appetizer, and it sucked, and I hate them forever!"), or because the waitress made them wait for a coffee refill ("That cup's not going to refill itself, Missy!"). Also, lately I've noticed a flood of people who watch "Restaurant Impossible" or "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives", and apparently go to the featured restaurant just so they can declare that it's not all that.

I'm also interested in places that offer traditional regional foods, not chains.

Someone with a list? Anyone?

Old 10-09-2013, 02:34 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,751,635 times
Cucina Latina, 38th and Nicollet.

Los Ocampos, Chicago and Lake

Multiple vendors within the Midtown Global Market, Chicago and Lake

And for the best tacos, Taco Taxi, E. Lake and Bloomington, or one of their two mobile locations, the yellow truck in the K-Mart parking lot at Lake and Nicollet or the yellow trailer on the south side of E. Lake St. Near 15th Ave.

Buen provecho!

Old 10-09-2013, 10:51 PM

302 posts, read 729,394 times
El Loro! There are several locations throughout the Twin Cities. I'm from Southern California....love love love Mexican food....El Loro is my favorite!

Least favorite places are Rosa Mexicana...overpriced and bland, and Don Pablo's (salsa is basically ketchup!)

Old 10-10-2013, 08:45 PM

13,730 posts, read 12,524,916 times
Taqueria Los Ocampos at Chicago and Lake, and Nuevo Rodeo on east lake. Also, any of the taco trucks or stands east of 35w.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:18 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,224,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSMCGirl View Post
El Loro! There are several locations throughout the Twin Cities. I'm from Southern California....love love love Mexican food....El Loro is my favorite!

Least favorite places are Rosa Mexicana...overpriced and bland, and Don Pablo's (salsa is basically ketchup!)
Having salsa like ketchup would be grounds for a lawsuit in southern California! I'll have to try El Loro or one of the restaurants Glenfield recommended next time I visit.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:19 PM

13 posts, read 17,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
Taqueria Los Ocampos at Chicago and Lake, and Nuevo Rodeo on east lake. Also, any of the taco trucks or stands east of 35w.
I would skip both of these overpriced places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul