Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 11:45 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,377,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Political?

Recap: The MOA fills up with teens that follow rap music. Next, several fights break out followed by a large group of teens stealing peoples personal belongings and tossing chairs. IMHO, they are PUNKS!

I am going to make a prediction: the people who were arrested did not have the strongest family values. I'm going to go out on a limb and say they were not from Edina or Eden Prairie.
Well, according to the city dwellers here, there is no way the kids involved in this were from the burbs ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 12:35 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,896,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I have researched riots all over the world and I can tell you all that there is usually one underlining theme to these disturbances. It doesn't matter if you are talking about flash mobs in malls, hockey fans in Canada or hooligans in Europe there is a single common component that is present at these disturbances and that is the chairs.

Oh, I'm not talking about cushey barcalougers in some suburban enclave or a trendy 3-legged bar stool in some hipster uptown coffee shop. I'm talking about your low-life, plastic, mass-produced unimaginative good-for-nuthin food court piece of trash chair.

Many times these chairs launch themselves seemingly on their own in order to instigate even more hatred from the other side. Who will then throw their nearby chairs back in a kind of unnatural chair mixing that would seem to be the chairs' ultimate goal in starting these things in the first place.

Usually one or two alone won't pose a problem, but you get a dozen or so of these together and they just look to stir things up.
I think you're on to something!

Old 12-27-2011, 01:52 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,117,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I have researched riots all over the world and I can tell you all that there is usually one underlining theme to these disturbances. It doesn't matter if you are talking about flash mobs in malls, hockey fans in Canada or hooligans in Europe there is a single common component that is present at these disturbances and that is the chairs.
I tried to give you reps, but it won't let me. I agree, tho ... you have to be careful around those things.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:58 PM

538 posts, read 1,523,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
Maybe now we put more Police officers on duty. Last time i was at the mall i only noticed 2 police officers in the mall which disappointed me,
You saw the two they wanted you to see. I know the force down there; there are certainly more than two at any given time.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:31 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,241,850 times
I stopped at the Mall of America for dinner and some shopping yesterday after picking up a friend from the airport. Bad idea.

I was locked in stores while the worst of it was going on though. I have seen/heard the mall PR people deny that there was a lockdown on multiple news reports, but there was definitely a lockdown alarm that went off more than once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say they were not from Edina or Eden Prairie.
There is a reason that the police monitored bus routes from the Mall to Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Brooklyn Center afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Tribune

Metro Transit police said they broke up several fights outside the mall later in the evening. That agency's officers also monitored bus routes from the mall to Minneapolis, St. Paul and Brooklyn Center, and at a downtown St. Paul stop, four juveniles and an adult were arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct.

Moving melee causes chaos at packed Mall of America | StarTribune.com

Old 12-27-2011, 05:12 PM

511 posts, read 2,453,370 times
What did the kids in the mobs look like? Any commonalities?

Old 12-27-2011, 05:27 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,744,174 times
see what happens when you ban guns??

Old 12-27-2011, 05:56 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,693,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
The question is, how do we prevent something like this happening again?
No one ever takes the Mall Cops seriously for some reason.
"Oh your just a mall cop you can't do anything about it"
Maybe now we put more Police officers on duty. Last time i was at the mall i only noticed 2 police officers in the mall which disappointed me, i prefer to see more cops walking around the mall because it makes me feel safe, and they will scare criminals away.
Mall of America apparently gets 40 million visitors which is compared to passengers at major airports.
I can assure you that the team MOA is more than just mall cops. They take their jobs serious and so should people at the mall. I don't really think any official Municipal police need to get involved. Why should Bloomington tax payers have to pay for police to protect a mall?

I was just at MOA and saw a uniformed person all over. I don't really think there's a need to do anything different. They just need to use technology better to communicate. There's no reason they couldn't have called BPD or had all units respond to that location quickly.

Chaos at Mall of America Prompts Tighter Security | KSTP TV - Minneapolis and St. Paul (http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2428824.shtml?cat=1 - broken link)

Old 12-27-2011, 06:08 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,256,367 times
There was a special, or a premiere of a Mall of America cop show about 6 weeks ago, on A&E chanel I believe. Anyone see it??Does anyone know if this will be a series? They talked about all the "nut" cases they see daily, it was like watching any reality cop show.
This flash mob must have been very scarey, any by-standers injured??

Old 12-27-2011, 06:09 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,693,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
There was a special, or a premiere of a Mall of America cop show about 6 weeks ago, on A&E chanel I believe. Anyone see it??Does anyone know if this will be a series? They talked about all the "nut" cases they see daily, it was like watching any reality cop show.
This flash mob must have been very scarey, any by-standers injured??
It already was a TV show.

Mall Cops: TLC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul