Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you dislike about miami the most?
Rude people, and aggressive drivers 7 30.43%
Spanish speaking all over the place 7 30.43%
Hot weather and/or Hurricanes 4 17.39%
The lack of Career Opportunities 5 21.74%
Latinos are not recognized as white European 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 12:54 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,071,798 times

Advertisements

Some threads keep getting hijacked by these subjects, I think they deserve their own space.

Let's discuss interesting subjects such as white hispanics from European descent, feel free to write long posts, and post pictures. Also let's talk about those Latinos who refuse to speak English, their reasons and their real intent. If you to change to subject to rude people, that should be fine too.

Last edited by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥; 08-18-2009 at 01:05 PM..

Old 08-18-2009, 01:57 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,614,827 times
Lack of English also equates to a lack of respect. Other than that, the thing that gets to me the most is the '3rd worldness'. That also equates to filth and lack of standards.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:30 PM

8 posts, read 8,189 times
I don't think that Hispanics don't speak good English in Dade. In fact, according to the level of education of professional Hispanics and Hispanic population at large in Dade, their English is richer and more cultured that the English spoken by remaining "Anglos" in Dade.

Moderator cut: Trolling

Last edited by doggiebus; 08-18-2009 at 04:17 PM.. Reason: watch it!

Old 08-18-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridiano View Post
I don't think that Hispanics don't speak good English in Dade. In fact, according to the level of education of professional Hispanics and Hispanic population at large in Dade, their English is richer and more cultured that the English spoken by remaining "Anglos" in Dade.
That couldn't be farther from the truth. White non-Hispanics are one of the few groups in Miami that can actually construct a sentence in English.

Have you ever heard a chonga speak???

Old 08-18-2009, 04:10 PM

8 posts, read 8,189 times
White non-Hispanics in Dade are the equivalent of Ancient Etruscans in Tuscany.
They don't exist.
English is a very primitive language for Latins.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:16 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,084,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Lack of English also equates to a lack of respect. Other than that, the thing that gets to me the most is the '3rd worldness'. That also equates to filth and lack of standards.
I love it when genius's on here equate Miami to a third world country .. yes the lack of English and poor driving habits are hard to take ... but in every other aspect it is just like any other major US metropolitan areas ... I am sitting in a hotel in Sao Paulo , Brazil at the Radisson in Alphaville to be exact on business ... I have been here for several days ... Miami seems like paradise ... I have also been to Thailand , Beijing , Lagos Nigeria and just about every third world city you can imagine and trust me Miami is not a third world city ... far from it !!

Old 08-18-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
That couldn't be farther from the truth. White non-Hispanics are one of the few groups in Miami that can actually construct a sentence in English.

Have you ever heard a chonga speak???
Yeah ... I have heard plenty of "Chonga "speak in white areas of Broward county and where my parents live in Sebring , Florida coming mainly from white girls ....

Old 08-18-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
I love it when genius's on here equate Miami to a third world country .. yes the lack of English and poor driving habits are hard to take ... but in every other aspect it is just like any other major US metropolitan areas ... I am sitting in a hotel in Sao Paulo , Brazil at the Radisson in Alphaville to be exact on business ... I have been here for several days ... Miami seems like paradise ... I have also been to Thailand , Beijing , Lagos Nigeria and just about every third world city you can imagine and trust me Miami is not a third world city ... far from it !!
Also, even in nice and predominantly Hispanic areas of Miami, like Brickell, public thoroughfares are strewn with colorful grafitti, derelict shopping carts, crumbling sidewalks abound, and the all too familiar sight of shirtless, shoeless, sweaty Central Americans milling about back alleys.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
Yeah ... I have heard plenty of "Chonga "speak in white areas of Broward county and where my parents live in Sebring , Florida coming mainly from white girls ....
That's a rare anomoly... Sure it wasn't a white Hispanic? Or one who claims to be white on the census?

Old 08-18-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Also, even in nice and predominantly Hispanic areas Miami, like Brickell, public thoroughfares are strewn with colorful grafitti, derelict shopping carts, crumbling sidewalks abound, and the all too familiar sight of shirtless, shoeless, sweaty Central Americans milling about back alleys.

Those are illegal Central American immigrants , not well to do Hispanics from Venezuela or Argentina or Chile are they .... you will see plenty of shirtless , low stratus Central American and Mexicans milling about back alleys in Los Angeles , Houston , Dallas , San Antonio ( graffitti central )
Atlanta ( yes Atlanta !! ) Tampa , Chicago , NYC ,,, what is the point ... you will see exactly what you are describing in the black community as well ... see Overtown , Liberty City , Miramar , Riviera Beach ... Atlanta , Detroit , St.Louis , Houston ( again ) Los Angeles , Chicago .. again what is your point other than you seem to despise Hispanics ?

You need to get out and see the world my friend ... either that or do us all a favor and leave South Florida ... your hateful posts are becoming tiresome .

Hell I was in Bradenton , Florida a few weeks ago in an area that is at least 90% white non-hispanic just a few miles north of upscale Sarasota and I saw just what you are describing ... including cars parked in the grass in front yards .. oh and throw in plenty of run down trailer parks !!

After seeing many of your posts either you have a serious issue with Hispanics bordering on hatred or you heart was broken by a Cuban gardener and you have not gotten over him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami