Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you dislike about miami the most?
Rude people, and aggressive drivers 7 30.43%
Spanish speaking all over the place 7 30.43%
Hot weather and/or Hurricanes 4 17.39%
The lack of Career Opportunities 5 21.74%
Latinos are not recognized as white European 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 03:42 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyTheSilence View Post
Hate to rain on your parade, but "white" isn't a race either.
White or Caucasian if it makes you happier of course is a race . Were you a product of the Dade County School System .... so I guess Black is not a race either ?

Old 08-19-2009, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyTheSilence View Post
I voted "Rude people and aggressive drivers". In fact, the drivers here are one of the main reasons I want to leave. I'm tired of putting up with BS from people and witnessing so many examples of ****-poor driving that could lead to fatalities. I have never driven anywhere as dangerous as Miami.....most people here should have their licenses taken from them by force and be banned from ever setting foot near an automobile for life.
I usually will stick up for Miami Dade County and South Florida in general ... but I have to agree with your comments ... only NYC & Los Angeles even come close to the rudeness and maniacal drivers in Miami .

Old 08-19-2009, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
What is it that you do again Rock Newman?
I am the Director Of Sales & Marketing for a Division Of Honeywell and have responsibility for Canada , Latin America & The Caribbean ... so I travel extensively and get on this forum when I am bored at night in my hotel rooms and either laugh or cry for a few hours

I have also been to Asia and The Middle East a few times for sales meetings and company functions . I have seen and lived the "third world " extensively and Miami with all its ills is NOT the Third World .

Old 08-19-2009, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
If the people in Miami were rude it would be a reason. That is why i'll stay in Miami and out of the Northeast.
I would agree that many rude people is definitely a reason to leave a place ... that is why I like Broward County better than Dade County ... some on here may say that it is similar and all the same but that is completely untrue .... I have met scores of friendly , courteous people in Parkland , Weston , Cooper City ( super nice people ) Davie , Coral Springs and Plantation ands there is a definite difference with Miami ... especially within the Hispanic communities in both counties . Broward and especially Weston seem to have many friendly , upscale , professional and educated Hispanic citizens .

Old 08-19-2009, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson View Post
Oh nooooo here we go agaiiinnnnnnnnn.

Rock, how is the weather down there right now? Im planning a trip to Southern Brazil, especially to the city of Porto Alegre. Da!@mn, I postponed a trip las week because of it.
Raining today in Sao Paulo .... mornings are low 60's , and afternoons are low 80's .... figure it will be cooler in Porto Alegre and even chilly in the mornings there . I LOVE Porto Alegre ... home of the "Gauchas" .... beautiful Blonde haired , green eyed Brazilian models like Tom Brady's wife ... I forget her name ... it is dangerous be careful with the "Gauchas" .... check out a great beer bar called "Dado Bier " it is a great hangout with great looking people and an awesome micro brewery !!

The South of Brazil is like a different country ... very European and a different vibe in Porto Alegre , Curitiba and Florianopolis ... good luck !!

Old 08-19-2009, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
What brings you to Southern Brasil? My family is from Curitiba.. Usually people like to go to Rio :P

I wish I were in Southern Brazil ... I am in Sao Paulo ... and heading to Buenos Aires , Argentina on Thursday night . I used to travel to Curitiba frequently as the company I used to work for had a large manufacturing facility there ... love the people and weather there ... it is much cooler than the central and northern areas of Brazil . I learned to speak Portuguese before Spanish ... in fact my Portuguese is still better than my Spanish . By the way I do not care for Rio ... it is dirty , dangerous and the people are not my cup of tea ... prefer Paulistas and Gauchos as they have a better work ethic and are more professional then "Cariocas " ... I rented an apartment on six week assignment in Curitiba back in 1997 .. in a really nice area called "Batal " or something similar ???

Curitiba , Brazil and Santiago , Chile are the two most "first world " cities in Latin America and both very liveable ... makes you wonder why the rest of Brazil is not more like Curitiba ?

By the way I have met many Brazilians down here that feel Miami is a cool place to vacation ... but get this would never live there because people are "rude "
Ciao Amigo

Old 08-19-2009, 05:40 AM

47 posts, read 44,469 times
Rock NewmanBrazil has always been the same. But now they have a soft spot. They are forced to import goods from their Bolivarian allies without duties. What would happen if you set up a company in Ecuador or Paraguay, and export products as if they were from those countries?

Old 08-19-2009, 06:41 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,531,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
That couldn't be farther from the truth. White non-Hispanics are one of the few groups in Miami that can actually construct a sentence in English.

Have you ever heard a chonga speak???
you strike me as a chonga, tell me I'm wrong.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:47 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,531,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
I wish I were in Southern Brazil ... I am in Sao Paulo ... and heading to Buenos Aires , Argentina on Thursday night . I used to travel to Curitiba frequently as the company I used to work for had a large manufacturing facility there ... love the people and weather there ... it is much cooler than the central and northern areas of Brazil . I learned to speak Portuguese before Spanish ... in fact my Portuguese is still better than my Spanish . By the way I do not care for Rio ... it is dirty , dangerous and the people are not my cup of tea ... prefer Paulistas and Gauchos as they have a better work ethic and are more professional then "Cariocas " ... I rented an apartment on six week assignment in Curitiba back in 1997 .. in a really nice area called "Batal " or something similar ???

Curitiba , Brazil and Santiago , Chile are the two most "first world " cities in Latin America and both very liveable ... makes you wonder why the rest of Brazil is not more like Curitiba ?

By the way I have met many Brazilians down here that feel Miami is a cool place to vacation ... but get this would never live there because people are "rude "
Ciao Amigo
sounds a lot like what I did in the mid 90's. I preferred northern brasil, pernambuco, ceara, rg do norte but the south is very much european with german and italian ancestry. really a completely different brasil than the brasil one is accustomed to seeing portrayed in the US media.

have you had an opportunity to get into the mato grosso?

Old 08-19-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolailo View Post
Rock NewmanBrazil has always been the same. But now they have a soft spot. They are forced to import goods from their Bolivarian allies without duties. What would happen if you set up a company in Ecuador or Paraguay, and export products as if they were from those countries?

That will change as soon as Lula is out of office next year ... and as long as Bolivia and the other "Banana Republics " keep nationalizing Brazilian companies local business people here will be drawn more to the US , Europe and China .... Honeywell would execute me if I ever suggested setting up any kind of operation in either Ecuador or Paraguay two of the least educated , most corrupt countries in Latin America .. one run by a drag queen effeminate US hating president and the other and ex priest now Commie who fathered five kids while still in the church !!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami