Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 11:57 PM

139 posts, read 127,014 times

Advertisements

It all depends on how street smart you are and how much can you tryyy to relate to the people in the hood. You have to put on and act unless your looks tells it all!
If you seem like an easy target,you will be a target in either one.
I say Overtown is worse,due to being poorer than Liberty City where the gangsters are not necessarily broke and more about making money off of drugs. Many times is deals gone wrong more than targeting people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 07:11 AM

416 posts, read 253,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternationalWaves View Post
It all depends on how street smart you are and how much can you tryyy to relate to the people in the hood. You have to put on and act unless your looks tells it all!
If you seem like an easy target,you will be a target in either one.
I say Overtown is worse,due to being poorer than Liberty City where the gangsters are not necessarily broke and more about making money off of drugs. Many times is deals gone wrong more than targeting people.
I don't relate to people in the hood at all, and I want to gentrify that entire area. Miami will be better off without blighted areas right off DT (in the case of OT) or vast swaths of land like LC.

I think most people in Miami agree with me.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskingIguana View Post
I don't relate to people in the hood at all, and I want to gentrify that entire area. Miami will be better off without blighted areas right off DT (in the case of OT) or vast swaths of land like LC.

I'll answer to the bait.
I think you can (or try like I said) to relate to anyone in this world,if you make an effort.Specially if is for survival purposes.It is about psychology. You don't have to be hood to understand where they stand,where they been,what they lack,their outlook of things etc. Not everyone in the hood is a menace.

I tell ya a little story...
I got lost once then subsequently stuck in a horrible neighborhood for example.I remember vividly how my whole attitude changed. I had no choice. Although I lived in sort of a rough neighborhood before to know better I was still scared for my life and the few belongings I had.But I developed an attitude and tried to "become" everyone's friend. I never showed how vulnerable I felt (or so I thought) and as I looked around not everyone was "feeling me" but the "friends" I made had my back even when one of them came at me the wrong way.

Surprisingly they almost fought about me over leaving me alone! Lol Not even playing. True story I'm here telling ya! That could make a difference between who between you and me could end up in the news. Don't knock it. Life is unpredictable.I'm not on behalf of the ghetto,neither part of it. My point was how to survive.

Now when it comes to your wishes of gentrification.It would take decades or a century, lol if ever, for Liberty City to gentrify. But honestly without gentrifying,the infrastructure around has improved,sometimes that helps the neighborhood. Beautification/revitalization and improvement of services,instead of displacement can serves for the betterment of the lifestyle of the people in the ghetto.You can see the changes on 79th Street for example taking place as of right now.

Now,Overtown being a tiny pocket comparatively and a prime location is in the process though. And will certainly happen in a matter of time.

Last edited by InternationalWaves; 03-08-2017 at 11:54 PM..

Old 03-08-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskingIguana View Post

Lol

Old 03-10-2017, 06:37 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,864,933 times
Unless you live in either of these neighborhoods what is the attraction in wanting to go there in the first place? I don't hang out in Coral Gables but I do occasionally go there to eat. What attraction is in Liberty City or Overtown?

Old 03-10-2017, 07:35 AM

416 posts, read 253,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslhomie View Post
Unless you live in either of these neighborhoods what is the attraction in wanting to go there in the first place? I don't hang out in Coral Gables but I do occasionally go there to eat. What attraction is in Liberty City or Overtown?
Probably a bunch of suburban teenagers thinking life is more interesting there because crime happens. Just look at the title here, which is most dangerous. And some of the people responding, I almost get the impression they're taking the title as a "badge of honor"

One can only hope that area gentrifies and gentrifies. And in the future LC might be an area you go to eat, shop, or partake in some cultural activities.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Because sometimes you need to cross thru this neighborhoods to go to other places.

Old 03-10-2017, 10:05 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,010,330 times
Quote:
Unless you live in either of these neighborhoods what is the attraction in wanting to go there in the first place?
What is the attraction to responding to a question in 2017 that was asked in 2009?

Old 03-10-2017, 12:57 PM

1,049 posts, read 960,109 times
This is an old thread, but, If I had to chose I'd say Overtown is worse despite being such a small area and seeing some redevelopment going on.

The reason being that I have been to Liberty City and actually walked around looking at houses and nobody messed with me or anything, in fact people just minded their own business (I'm a preppy looking white guy BTW). Liberty City is fairly residential and there's even some blocks with nice looking houses, decent landscaping, etc.

Overtown, on the other hand, is very urban and decayed with a couple small blocks where I wouldn't even think about getting out of my car. Drug dealers sprinting around, hookers, crackheads, etc.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:15 PM

1 posts, read 899 times
Carol City Has A lot Of History From Major Drug Lords To Savage Gangtas I Know Cause I Was There in The Late 87-94 And I Could Tell You Back Then This Was A Nightmare!!! Don’t Know How It Is Today 2018 MUCH RESPECT TO THE OLDSCHOOL MCC BOYZ IM STILL ALIVE MY *****Z
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami