Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 08:55 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,319,497 times

Advertisements

:d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 4,028 times
wow i have lived in OT before and they have lots of shooting one time me and kids around the apartment complex got to witness a drug rad and the police descended themselves as an ice cream truck very scary i had horrible experiences there but all places aren't good like i downtown about lc i never lived there but i have heard about it on the news alot and things happen that you can't or dont hear on the news so between the two im still confused but if i had a choice i would no move my family in either.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:04 PM

51 posts, read 82,321 times
I think that the most dangerous places is where you least expect things to happen that will send shivers down your spine.

Examples:
D.C. sniper killing people left and right at gas stations.

Seattle - The Green river killer, was killing or shall I say brutally killing women in a quiet neighborhood back in the 70's.

Yes, liberty city and overtown are both pretty rough. The thing is, you already know and respect the area not to go near or at least you know to watch your back if caught late.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:49 PM

250 posts, read 696,239 times
I was going to say something similar as above... People have the misconception that being in these bad areas you are asking for trouble yet something can happen to you anywhere you go and when you are least prepared. Dont ever think your skin color has anything to do with it... Black on black crime is nothing new so if youre black that doesnt mean youre safe either. If youre any color and in the best of neighborhoods things still happen.

The smartest thing is being aware of your surroundings at all times. Not paranoid but aware of whats going on around you.

The most dangerous place is on the highway...

Old 02-01-2012, 12:02 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times
Liberty City and OT are both notorious Miami 'hoods that account for half of Miami's violent and overall crime. Overtown probably won't be rough for long with gentrification starting to take over. LC has a ways to go before gentrification starts to hit.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,501 times
We ended up in Liberty City by mistake and it was really not that bad...we got something to eat and straight back to South Beach we went..

Old 03-04-2017, 07:37 AM

170 posts, read 189,991 times
Areas of Liberty City are actually GREAT. There are some very bad small pockets, but mostly people in LC are long-term families that CARE a lot about and maintain their neighborhoods well. Overtown is much smaller than LC and as a whole much more dangerous, but developers are displacing these poor people in OT, so OT generally is improving though parts still rife with drugs, street crime. Even in a car, you're not safe on some blocks in LC or OT.

Old 03-04-2017, 01:51 PM

1,473 posts, read 1,328,015 times
I walked through OT everyday when I studied at MDCC NWC, no problem whatsoever. My car broke down in LC and I was scared stless. Luckily, the car stopped just besides a catholic church ran by a totally crazy spanish gallego priest that had a radio program in which he said that "masturbation" was an act commissioned by the devil himself, he was nuts but funny. He called a tow truck...tow trucks can be dangerous in Miami.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:10 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,317,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
tow trucks can be dangerous in Miami.
Details?

Old 03-07-2017, 08:09 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,864,725 times
Ask the question again in 10 years and the answer will be no because they will no longer resemble what they are now. People are being pushed out by progress and rich people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami