Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 08:24 AM

4 posts, read 22,545 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if my place was called something else either before or after ? I have been looking for any info / stories about a place called Mothers lounge which changed the name to Aquarius and went topless? Just wondered if they were the same place as My Place? So many memories of places reading the info on this page - I miss those days..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2022, 04:59 PM

626 posts, read 1,243,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passportt View Post
Does anyone know if my place was called something else either before or after ? I have been looking for any info / stories about a place called Mothers lounge which changed the name to Aquarius and went topless? Just wondered if they were the same place as My Place? So many memories of places reading the info on this page - I miss those days..
The Aquarius Lounge I remember, used to be a topless/T&A/exotic/gentleman's bar located around 17th Ave and maybe 6th/5th st in the SW of Miami?
Last time I visited that place was late 70s while on leave from the Air Force with other servicemen.
Is that the one?

Carry on.

Old 08-30-2022, 08:03 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,327,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passportt View Post
Does anyone know if my place was called something else either before or after ? I have been looking for any info / stories about a place called Mothers lounge which changed the name to Aquarius and went topless? Just wondered if they were the same place as My Place?
That was recently discussed in this thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/miam...60s-1970s.html

It was at 8th & Le Jeune.

Old 09-06-2022, 07:56 PM

6,885 posts, read 11,262,864 times
Smile Great memories of those days!!

I was a Broward girl - loved Pete & Lenny's, Brother Jim's on Commercial (it was 2 stories), anyplace to dance. I went to The Copa a few times; it was fun.

I had to work a lot so 2 AM to 5 AM sure worked.

My husband grew up in Miami so I'm going to show him this.

(I met him when I went for a disco lesson. I knew his GF at the time (now ex-GF). We still know her.
She was one of the real wild ones!

I also miss the great music of the 70's and 80's.

So, now, we are all older. I know I raised my family and it's all good.

Where do people go today that want to dance and have some fun? (PBC, Broward, Miami/Dade)?

Old 10-29-2022, 08:32 AM

3 posts, read 1,080 times
How about DISCO Mix ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9X-m3gDHwk

Old 10-29-2022, 09:01 AM

27,231 posts, read 44,089,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
Stratford’s in Hollywood was more my speed. Local watering hole owned by Guy Roper, a Hollywood city commissioner. Kinda like a divey Cheers.
Stratford's! My neighbor across the street growing up (Bob Guido) who owned the Gulf Station on Hollywood Blvd, had a permanent bar stool there I think. I was too young at the time for the bar but do recall their Fried Fish on Fridays!

Old 08-03-2023, 10:55 PM

5 posts, read 2,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I have hung out and also played at a few (1235, Backstreets, Nepenthe, and some club inside the hotel off of 103st & the Palmetto but the name escapes me). Have been to Parallel Bar, Fire & Ice, Ozone, Club Nu, 94 Aero, Copa, Waterfront,Sugars (where the black gay guys used to hang out), Twist, Ovo at the Warsaw Ballroom (South Beach) and countleess others I can't recall at the moment but I sure had a lot of fun!
SIAP cause I'm about 13 years late to this party; but the club you were referring to inside the hotel on 103rd Street in Hialeah was Rick's Bar.

Old 08-03-2023, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oolong2023 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyHernandez24 View Post
You seem to be a North Broward person and might be able to help me. Do you know the name of the club in Pompano. I believe it was on Federal Highway, South of Hillsboro Blvd. Very classy place with great music.
Thanks!
NVM, it was Park Avenue.

Old 08-03-2023, 11:10 PM

SIAP; but what the club along AIA just North of 595 in Ft. Lauderdale. It had 3 different rooms/dance floors? One was Disco, another was Top40/Freestyle and the last one was Country.

Old 08-03-2023, 11:13 PM

Met my wife at Facade on the Intracoastal Mall back in 1988. That was an awesome club. I believe that it is now a Dollar (25) Store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami