Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2023, 01:21 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,547,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
I am also a fan of Miami Shores, parts of Little Haiti, and North Beach. I drove all over Miami this past weekend just cruising with the sunroof open and I am always in awe how many distinct nabes there are and how pretty. Special place.
There’s more than 10% of Miami Dade that is nice to extremely nice and more than 10% of residents who can afford to support the City and its amenities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2023, 01:22 PM

17,158 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
There’s more than 10% of Miami Dade that is nice to extremely nice and more than 10% of residents who can afford to support the City and its amenities.
LOL. Pardon me... 90% was an exaggeration. I did not mean it to be taken literally.

Old 12-14-2023, 01:23 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,547,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
LOL. Pardon me... 90% was an exaggeration. I did not mean it to be taken literally.
You wouldn’t be the first to post that, tongue in cheek or in many other cases thinking so, on CD (mostly, not entirely, City v City boards).

Last edited by elchevere; 12-14-2023 at 01:38 PM..

Old 12-16-2023, 11:24 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,656,357 times
An interesting video released by CityNerd on cities with the most housing + transportation costs, Miami is #1 with the average person spending 95% of their income on this... yikes (bonus is at #0... Hialeah). Take a look at the vid to see the method and top 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-31c_TtYgI

Old 12-22-2023, 03:01 PM

415 posts, read 650,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Right.
Throwing up a bunch of huge towers is cool and all, and it looks pretty at night, but in order to keep the machine turning, the moving parts need to be well-oiled. Half-empty giant towers for foreign nationals do absolutely for the local residents who are the heart and soul of the city.
I think this misses the mark. Take a second to drive through the rest of Miami and you'll see they are building rental apartments everywhere. Put 1104 NW 1st St into google and you'll find a brand new 8 story building in Little Havana.

For every 2 Brickell and Downtown towers there's another regular building like this all over Miami. And this is the thing that Miami has that most other major cities ahead of it don't, undeveloped land centrally located.

Just look at the map and you'll see dozens of inner city neighborhoods ripe for development. Little havana, West Flagler, Allapatah, Liberty City and on and on.

Heck take a look at Allapatah. It pushes up against the Jackson Health District which is an employment center. Just the commercial area between NW 12th ave and NW 27th ave is about the same size as Brickell. We could easily fit 50k units there that would be accessible not only to an existing employment center of its own but Downtown and Brickell as well.

And that pretty much goes for every neighborhood mentioned. I mean literally 15 years ago there were no apartments in Wynwood and now its packed with them with room for thousands of more units.

The only reason apartment construction slowed down was because material price and delays shot up due to covid. That is still slowly working itself throug the system. We have a record number of rental units on track to be delivered at the same time we are leading the country in compensation growth.

Quote:
Developers are set to deliver record levels of new apartments, with 2023 expected to have over 8,000 unit deliveries and a forecast to reach record levels in 2024 with over 11,000 new units.
Quote:
There are currently over 32,000 units under construction, representing the largest supply pipeline in all of Florida and the sixth largest in the country.
When you look at unit underway as a percent of existing units Miami is one of the few cities that is at or above 10%.

Look at the cities larger than Miami and they simply CAN'T build units at this rate. They are lucky if they could get to a rate of half of that.

So over the past couple years people came faster than we could build so housing prices soared. As we level out and deliver thousands of units rental prices will fall. As soon at that happens we'll have another flood of people and rental development will shoot up again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami