Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 11:25 PM

683 posts, read 854,606 times

Advertisements

I lived in Miami Lakes for years, down the street from Shulas Hotel. It's very safe, but it's not diverse like it was years ago. It's a Spanish dominated area like the rest of Miami. West Mirmar or Pines is your choice if you want more of an English speaking neighborhood, but even though it's close traffic still sucks getting there. But nowhere as bad as the rest of Miami. Since you are white, you won't like those neighborhoods. Most white people like Davie or Cooper City.

East Hollywood would be a crappy commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 11:54 PM

142 posts, read 132,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
You said you are glad you spend all your time in Miami because of how boring Pines is and your super fun Miami example is the Ale House in Miami Lakes? You must see the absurdity, right?
LOL. I don't even live here yet, and I see the absurdity.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:57 PM

So update. I got the job. I'll be moving in 3 weeks. And I commuted there from Dania Beach this morning at 8am, and it took me 33 minutes. No traffic. I then commuted back at the end of the day at 4:45 to Wilton Manors. That took me 45 minutes. I also hit no traffic (cept for some local Miami Lakes traffic, but nothing on the highway). So somehow either I got REALLY lucky, or idk ...

Old 06-27-2017, 03:51 AM

874 posts, read 901,273 times
You're probably far enough north that if you leave that early, you won't hit the Miami traffic. Which means that if you like Dania...

But seriously, if you're working late one night check out the Miami Lakes Ale House on a Thursday. They have a live band and salsa. Really good salsa. People of all ages, races, dancing the night away.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:49 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,457,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestBlondie View Post
So update. I got the job. I'll be moving in 3 weeks. And I commuted there from Dania Beach this morning at 8am, and it took me 33 minutes. No traffic. I then commuted back at the end of the day at 4:45 to Wilton Manors. That took me 45 minutes. I also hit no traffic (cept for some local Miami Lakes traffic, but nothing on the highway). So somehow either I got REALLY lucky, or idk ...
I'm so excited for you and your new adventure.
Please keep us posted?

Old 06-27-2017, 05:45 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,835,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
I lived in Miami Lakes for years, down the street from Shulas Hotel. It's very safe, but it's not diverse like it was years ago. It's a Spanish dominated area like the rest of Miami. West Mirmar or Pines is your choice if you want more of an English speaking neighborhood, but even though it's close traffic still sucks getting there. But nowhere as bad as the rest of Miami. Since you are white, you won't like those neighborhoods. Most white people like Davie or Cooper City.

East Hollywood would be a crappy commute.
I once had new neighbors in Weston who were Spanish and moved from Pembroke Pines to Weston. They told me one reason they moved was that Pembroke Pines had become too Spanish for them.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
I'm so excited for you and your new adventure.
Please keep us posted?
Of course!! You guys have helped me so much already! Once I get down there for real, I will definitely need input

Old 06-28-2017, 02:00 PM

683 posts, read 854,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
I once had new neighbors in Weston who were Spanish and moved from Pembroke Pines to Weston. They told me one reason they moved was that Pembroke Pines had become too Spanish for them.
That's odd. I moved from Miami in 2014. I never considered Pembroke Pines too Spanish at all. Also Weston is dominated by Venezuelans. Kind of confused on that one by your neighbor.

Old 06-28-2017, 08:30 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,835,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
That's odd. I moved from Miami in 2014. I never considered Pembroke Pines too Spanish at all. Also Weston is dominated by Venezuelans. Kind of confused on that one by your neighbor.
The Hispanic majority of Weston is actually Columbian.

Old 06-28-2017, 08:53 PM

351 posts, read 461,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
The Hispanic majority of Weston is actually Columbian.
Ruski is right. There are more Colombians with "o" in Weston than Venezuelans. However, Venezuelans are more noticeable because because they are louder and more bigheaded than Colombians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami