Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:49 AM

5 posts, read 53,160 times

Advertisements

I just said there are a lot of mexicans in LA. It seems the word mexican ofends you. By the way your last sentence only shows your ignorance. Miami is the capital of hispanics because they have been able to bild their lives there. Many hispanics in LA work, make some money and then comeback to Mexico. It is difficult to bild a life like that. People in Miami is arrogant and the lack of maner is every were, but don't compare that to building lives because you will sink in ignorance. Fifty percent of the biggest hispanics bussiness are in Miami and many hispanics that do not speak English now can open their way in this country and have a dacent job, not cutting the grass or cleaning the floor. You don't know what are you talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
yeah LA has tons of mexicans but unlike most of the latins here they arent all a-hole racist jerks, work their asses off with everyone else, and get along with everyone. an immigrant can actually build a life in LA, they can only go deeply into debt or barely survive on government aid in miami.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:52 PM

929 posts, read 1,157,248 times
dude my grandmother is a fullblooded mexican. how does the word mexican offend me? i dont know spanish though and i associate with a white culture.
honestly i had no idea i was different at all until people here told me i wasnt fully gringo and that i didnt look completely white. i had no idea the plump nasty pasty white people with patchy red cheeks coming out of ohio or badly sun-scarred rednecks were what people down here thought americans were.

dude when i was in LA i worked for plenty of people who had excellent jobs, knew english and were hispanic. many of them i called BOSS and they actually worked HARD. here ive seen too many workplaces where the white americans are busting their asses while the cubans (usually) slack off.
fortunately where im working now that is not the case.
if you are a latin/hispanic immigrant learn english WELL and you can go FAR. that is a given. its the people who only know spanish who work at a meat packing plant for the rest of their lives.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:21 PM

5 posts, read 53,160 times
I knew your problem was not against Miami. It was really against Cubans. Again, the "envy" story is repeated, once again. Cubans slak off, that is sweet. The fact that Cubans are one of the most harworking and successful immigrant communities, the fact that Cubans are well educated, the fact that Cubans go more to college and have more income now even than Angloamericans (read the statistics) unfortunatelly is not well appreciated by many envious people, including you. People that will spend their whole life complaining, criying and trying to downplace the success of others.
People like you behave like some people in the world when they talk about the United States, talking trash about this country and trying desperately to come here. "Some people like the milk but talk trash about the cow" By the way, what are you still doing in Miami?

Old 02-16-2007, 07:50 PM

929 posts, read 1,157,248 times
envy? slacking off is not a good thing. there is no envy involved AT ALL. everyone should have good work ethic. thats the only way anything gets done. how do you think we build this country? certainly not by slacking off. people who slack off are parasites on the system.
cubans arent nearly as well educated as the average person in LA or new york. the homeless people in LA have a wider vocabulary than most people here and probably a higher iq.
i come from a place that is so many levels of quality above what you can imagine if youve only ever lived here or in a third world country. my parent's grocery store in LA is all in dark cherry wood and professionally lit with individually lit bread baskets in the deli section and its your run of the mill generic vons store in hermosa beach, ca. bmw's are COMMON. you only pay for parking to go to one of the best art galleries (the getty center), etc.
please! like miami can compare.
people here so desperately want to brag to me about what theyve done and where theyve been and who they know and i couldnt give the slightest damn. ive come from a place so many levels higher than here that i cant even be impressed by what you have to offer. what i AM impressed by you consider worthless (like the everglades, coral reefs, sunsets and cloudscapes, etc). the difference is that even though i may have experienced all this incredible stuff i dont BRAG about it because i have class. it is NOT CLASSY to brag. you will never hear me loudly telling people what ive done to show off.
people who brag are people pretending they have more money or are more important than they really are.

all i am asking for from the latin community here is dont be lazy, work hard and you will get everything you could possibly want from the fruits of your labor. work WITHIN the american system rather than against it. it has proven wave after wave of immigration that the system works.

what im still doing in miami is i dont have enough money to leave yet. its been a fascinating experience. just like living in another country!
i believe my real home will be hawaii. its got the affluence and class of california but tropical as well. its the destination i shouldve picked the first time around. i see miami as having the potential of hawaii but doesnt have the hordes of little japanese people tending to everything. this place could be a WORLD CLASS tourist destination but it doesnt even come close to hawaii. the keys are a bunch of run down shacks, rednecks and fishing boats. it does grow on you somewhat though. the sealife could be spectacular as well if most of the keys didnt dump their sewage into the ocean or release it via hundreds of septic tanks. in addition biscayne bay used to be full of dolphins but they were all fished out and sold all over the world after the flipper tv show made them popular. nature here has been raped and raped again and very few are doing anything about it but thats what draws the modern day tourists. the incredible natural beauty. when you guys stop cutting down beautiful trees and paving lawns and turning everything into concrete youll realize how to bring the money in. make everything beautiful, be friendly to one another and people will want to come here and the money will flow like water. i know it works because theres an island in the middle of the pacific that proves it can be done.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:15 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
OK, instead of deleting just about every post in this thread I am just going to close it. If you want to continue this type of conversation, please take it to the Politics and other controversies forum at City-Data main forum page.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami