Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 08:27 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,319,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlacysr View Post
You keep blaming it one neighborhood. I have the same problem with Miami all over the city.

Where could I go and not have some moron lay on their horn at me?

Where could I live and get good service?

Where could I live and not have to speak spanish?

Where?

I came here but didn't realize the depth of the depravity and the impact it would have on me. Hell, I'd hate Miami if I lived on Fisher Island.

You keep wanting to blame this all on me rather than look at the facts. White people are leaving for a reason and it's because of people like you, who blame us for pointing out the uncivil behavior here.

I'm not the one causing the problems. I'm fairly well behaved, I have a job. I'm freindly, I return phone calls and emails. I don't honk for no damn reason, I dont' smoke crack, drink in excess and give people respect. What part of that is my problem and can you say that about most of the people in Miami?

Hell, I let people in when they need to get over in traffic. If that happens to you, it's probably me because nobody gives a damn about anybody other than themselves here.

Don't shoot the messenger and you can't blame this uncivil hole on me. If Miami had more people like me, I wouldn't have to move.
I think you're uncomfortable being around what you consider to be non-white people. There are plenty of nice places in the Miami metro, you happened to pick a very not nice area.

It will be no different if you go up to Broward and settle in say Lauderhill or Dania or parts of Hollywood, etc.

Bad areas are bad areas. Until they get cleaned up, the quality of life isn't going to magically appear.

As for the crazies, they're all around.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:45 AM

911 posts, read 1,712,822 times
Let's set the record straight ONCE and for all. Don't mention this again or I'm subject to go off next time.

I do not live in little hell hole. I live in upper east side on this map.
Upper Eastside (Miami) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hate Doral, I hate Brickell for the same reasons. I could loose my life just as easy in the Grove as Upper east side. How about Hialeah? How about north of downtown, midtown? Please...

I have hookers propositioning my son inside Fontainebleau?

Where would I move that would really make any difference here?

Shut up about the hood. That **** won't fly with me, it's all the hood.
Attached Thumbnails
future of miami?-785px-miami_neighborhoodsmap.png  

Old 05-07-2011, 10:27 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Quote:
You keep blaming it one neighborhood. I have the same problem with Miami all over the city.

Where could I go and not have some moron lay on their horn at me?

Where could I live and get good service?

Where could I live and not have to speak spanish?

Where?

I came here but didn't realize the depth of the depravity and the impact it would have on me. Hell, I'd hate Miami if I lived on Fisher Island.

You keep wanting to blame this all on me rather than look at the facts. White people are leaving for a reason and it's because of people like you, who blame us for pointing out the uncivil behavior here.

I'm not the one causing the problems. I'm fairly well behaved, I have a job. I'm freindly, I return phone calls and emails. I don't honk for no damn reason, I dont' smoke crack, drink in excess and give people respect. What part of that is my problem and can you say that about most of the people in Miami?

Hell, I let people in when they need to get over in traffic. If that happens to you, it's probably me because nobody gives a damn about anybody other than themselves here.

Don't shoot the messenger and you can't blame this uncivil hole on me. If Miami had more people like me, I wouldn't have to move.
Many people here work, don't do crack, return calls, and let others in. Yes driver sucks here but I dont think it's a well kept secret. People have been complaining for years about the drivers in this forum and there is not a single poster here who defends our drivers. Where did all this bad driving come from? Nobody knows. It seems to be a combination of very congested streets mixed with very slow drivers(elderly, immigrants) and a large young population who are too fast too furious. On top of that we don't have left lane laws that are enforced in Florida.

But drivers are not everything. Maybe for you it's the top priority, for some it's not. By the way Broward has their share of rude drivers so don't think the problem is gonna go away completely. They do have wider roads and red light camaras everywhere. If it is your thing, fine. Now don't move to the pembroke road area or To the crappy areas of Hollywood and torture those posters on the Broward board. You think this board is bad? Well over there they dont take any crap and obviously some have been reading this board since I've seen your questions there rarely getting answered. How about being more respectful for a change? Calling 2 million people names like you've done in this thread and other threads doesn't leave a good impression.

Move, no one is stopping you. We all agree you made the wrong decision but please don't claim we all live surrounded by crack addicts, drunks, prostitutes and homeless because that's not the case. I go shopping and most of my experiences are fine. My postman is black and he is awesome, the cashiers in the publix around my area are nice too, one of them is Chinese I dont have any problems anywhere in South Florida expect for Homestead. I know all 3 counties and do a lot of customer service transactions in all of them.

Last edited by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥; 05-07-2011 at 10:40 AM..

Old 05-07-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Many people here work, don't do crack, return calls, and let others in. Yes driver sucks here but I dont think it's a well kept secret. People have been complaining for years about the drivers in this forum and there is not a single poster here who defends our drivers. Where did all this bad driving come from? Nobody knows. It seems to be a combination of very congested streets mixed with very slow drivers(elderly, immigrants) and a large young population who are too fast too furious. On top of that we don't have left lane laws that are enforced in Florida.

But drivers are not everything. Maybe for you it's the top priority, for some it's not. By the way Broward has their share of rude drivers so don't think the problem is gonna go away completely. They do have wider roads and red light camaras everywhere. If it is your thing, fine. Now don't move to the pembroke road area or To the crappy areas of Hollywood and torture those posters on the Broward board. You think this board is bad? Well over there they dont take any crap and obviously some have been reading this board since I've seen your questions there rarely getting answered. How about being more respectful for a change? Calling 2 million people names like you've done in this thread and other threads doesn't leave a good impression.

Move, no one is stopping you. We all agree you made the wrong decision but please don't claim we all live surrounded by crack addicts, drunks, prostitutes and homeless because that's not the case. I go shopping and most of my experiences are fine. My postman is black and he is awesome, the cashiers in the publix around my area are nice too, one of them is Chinese I dont have any problems anywhere in South Florida expect for Homestead. I know all 3 counties and do a lot of customer service transactions in all of them.
You're consistently venomous, I'll give you that, but to say Fort Lauderdale is not more pleasant than Miami is simply delusional.

I'll make you a bet. Drive up i95 today and as you approach the last exit for Hollywood, notice what's around you. If you don't see a marked difference in the way people drive, I'll buy you lunch. If you notice a difference, then never speak to me again.

Drive around FTL, notice the absence of honking. Go into stores and see if you have a different experience just 12 miles north of Miami. If one person starts a conversation in Spanish I'll buy you dinner as well. Both may be at Mcdonalds but I'll make you that wager.

The grocery stores are cleaner there, there are more 7-11's. Property cost less, even gas is less. Food is slightly less and you have more choices of grocery stores.

I'm not about to say it's all rosey up there but compared to Miami it's significantly better at many different levels. I meet people there from all over the world not just Cuba and south America.

Here's the difference. There are less crazies per capita in FTL than MIA and the difference is clearly noticeable once you past the Hollyweird exit.

Finally compare the number of I hate Miami threads to I hate Fort lauderdale here on city-data. Many of those people that are in FTL right now are from Miami and they are not leaving FTL.

So, wanna bet?

Old 05-07-2011, 11:51 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
It will be like a cross between New Orleans and Port-Au-Prince.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
It will be like a cross between New Orleans and Port-Au-Prince.
Good, I'll have those Swamp people to make fun of then.

Seriously, I don't get that vibe up there, it is more like what I envisioned Miami to be before I lived here. It's not perfect either by a long shot but considerably more tolerable compared to Miami.

I've met rude people up there, just less of them. I see panhandlers just less of them. I see all the things that Miami has that I find objectionable just less of it.

Besides, I have a Winn Dixie discount card now, I have to move there.
Attached Thumbnails
future of miami?-swamp-people.jpg  

Old 05-07-2011, 12:37 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
Once the funny money dries up and peak oil cuts travel I expect a much slower pace of life in Miami. It would be nice to live long enough to see Miami stop going in the toilet and start growing out of the septic tank.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:38 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Jmlacyjr., you are just a negative person period, you have not said one nice thing about Miami, just because you had some bad experiences doesn't make the whole city bad. There are good people here in Miami, but yet you want to raise your "Good ole boy image", as if it is better than thou you are far superior because you come from Texas.

To cut things short , maybe you need to take lessons from your son on how to run a business and be polite to people because you are one rude person.

Miami has a future and it won't be perfect, but this city is going to grow as one can see growth happening already.

Last edited by perry335654; 05-07-2011 at 12:49 PM..

Old 05-07-2011, 12:40 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times
I thought Miami was going to be underwater.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:13 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Thumbs down Here we go again....

Quote:
You're consistently venomous, I'll give you that, but to say Fort Lauderdale is not more pleasant than Miami is simply delusional.

I'll make you a bet. Drive up i95 today and as you approach the last exit for Hollywood, notice what's around you. If you don't see a marked difference in the way people drive, I'll buy you lunch. If you notice a difference, then never speak to me again.

Drive around FTL, notice the absence of honking. Go into stores and see if you have a different experience just 12 miles north of Miami. If one person starts a conversation in Spanish I'll buy you dinner as well. Both may be at Mcdonalds but I'll make you that wager.

The grocery stores are cleaner there, there are more 7-11's. Property cost less, even gas is less. Food is slightly less and you have more choices of grocery stores.

I'm not about to say it's all rosey up there but compared to Miami it's significantly better at many different levels. I meet people there from all over the world not just Cuba and south America.

Here's the difference. There are less crazies per capita in FTL than MIA and the difference is clearly noticeable once you past the Hollyweird exit.

Finally compare the number of I hate Miami threads to I hate Fort lauderdale here on city-data. Many of those people that are in FTL right now are from Miami and they are not leaving FTL.

So, wanna bet?
you are putting words in my mouth that I never said. Where did i say that Ft Lauderdale wouldn't be more pleasant for you? Why are you calling me delusional for something I never said in the first place?

Obviously your agenda is trolling and offending people to get some attention. I'm done with you and your immaturity. Adios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami