Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 12:00 AM

433 posts, read 953,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
The future of Miami holds unprecedented growth and prosperity. The advantage of Miami IS the strong South America ties. Brazil is booming. Miami is gearing up for the opening of the Miami Options Exchange. This is a major step forward.

Transportation will continue to grow, albeit slowly. The gridlock can only go on for so long when there are also high fuel prices on the horizon. It will be extremely advantageous for Miami if fuel prices do indeed stay high. Connectivity for all is part of what fuels prosperity.

The housing boom was fantastic for Miami. We have about 50 years worth of growth (and more going on now) in just a few short years. That's unheard of.

Brickell will continue to be first in growth and quality of life, but Downtown will follow.

I'm not sure what all the race chatter is about. It's really irrelevant. And for the record, Hispanic people are white.

Overall the future of Miami is very bright. It has great business prospects, an ideal climate and ties to areas of high growth.
Yep that's the way I see it and me and a lot people are working everyday to keep at bay all the Miami haters. Go get it Miami!and long live the Heats!

Old 05-07-2011, 12:32 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Many white people turn brown because of the sun (some get reddish), that makes the white population less visible. BTW, when I mean white I mean Nordic white as in cat-face, blonde white hair, blue eyes, and long neck.

What? You mean like a Nordic Alien? Do their necks get shorter when they tan?

Old 05-07-2011, 12:49 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
hhahahaha

Old 05-07-2011, 01:09 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,883 times
I couldn't help it!!! I'm weak!! I'm weak!! I have an illness!! I'm a victim!! i'm in my disease state!!

Old 05-07-2011, 05:14 AM

911 posts, read 1,713,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
The ones that want to relocate are usually recent transplants.
If that's the case, the question you should be asking yourself is why.

I'm a reasonable person, came from a big city, love NYC yet I can't wait to get out of here. Why?

Let's assume I'm too picky. Let's assume I'm a racist. What accounts for the other people leaving Miami?

I've spent considerable time now in Broward and Monroe. People who live there seem to agree, they try and stay out of Miami if at all possible. Why?

It dawned on me one day, that in order to love Miami, you must love the things that Miami offers more than the things in Miami you hate.

We came here for the beaches and water sports, if I don't get water time here, the rest of this place is just not worth it. As time went on, I found out I could have the weather and the water with considerably less of the craziness by moving 20 miles north.

I suspect I'm not the only one that came to that conclusion which may account for people leaving Miami for parts north.

My son and I went to Bayside on New years eve to watch the fireworks over the bay. There is a playground there and my son commented we were the only white people there.

Facts are as I understand it, Miami is 70% hispanic, 20% black and 10% other and just as the Hispanics may not like their existence in a city that was 70% white, 20% black and the hispanics fall in the 10% of other category, whites are leaving for the same reason.

The poor blacks can't get out. The whites can, I see Miami becoming even more hispanic dominated not less and that in itself is not what is driving whites out of the city.

The reason whites are leaving is because of the way the people act including the Hispanics and blacks and the few whites remaining. Miami has turned into one big immigrant suburb with their own rules and tolerances for acceptable behavior. Recent transplants see the difference and many find them unpleasant so they leave.

I keep saying but nobody hears me, it's not hispanics, it's the lack if social civility we find objectionable and until that changes people like us will be leaving Miami.

The perception of Miami does not match the reality. Nobody comes here thinking this is Mayberry, but what most of us understood is that Miami is an American city with a strong hispanic influence. We came here to embrace that culture, but instead we find it the dominant force in behaviors that we find objectionable.

It never fails to surprise me, if we go to Key Largo or Fort lauderdale both those cites are more pleasant than Miami. It if was just a Florida thing I don't think I would notice such a drastic difference and if it was the same as Miami we would be leaving Florida for good.

Sadly, I'm not a Miamian in spirit now as I seemingly can't assimilate to this culture and nothing in the next 6 months is going to change to a degree that would allow us to stay.

We have a good life here, yet the citizens of Miami make living here so incredibly unpleasant, that we are forced to leave.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:12 AM

1,626 posts, read 3,898,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlacysr View Post
If that's the case, the question you should be asking yourself is why.

I'm a reasonable person, came from a big city, love NYC yet I can't wait to get out of here. Why?

Let's assume I'm too picky. Let's assume I'm a racist. What accounts for the other people leaving Miami?

I've spent considerable time now in Broward and Monroe. People who live there seem to agree, they try and stay out of Miami if at all possible. Why?

It dawned on me one day, that in order to love Miami, you must love the things that Miami offers more than the things in Miami you hate.

We came here for the beaches and water sports, if I don't get water time here, the rest of this place is just not worth it. As time went on, I found out I could have the weather and the water with considerably less of the craziness by moving 20 miles north.

I suspect I'm not the only one that came to that conclusion which may account for people leaving Miami for parts north.

My son and I went to Bayside on New years eve to watch the fireworks over the bay. There is a playground there and my son commented we were the only white people there.

Facts are as I understand it, Miami is 70% hispanic, 20% black and 10% other and just as the Hispanics may not like their existence in a city that was 70% white, 20% black and the hispanics fall in the 10% of other category, whites are leaving for the same reason.

The poor blacks can't get out. The whites can, I see Miami becoming even more hispanic dominated not less and that in itself is not what is driving whites out of the city.

The reason whites are leaving is because of the way the people act including the Hispanics and blacks and the few whites remaining. Miami has turned into one big immigrant suburb with their own rules and tolerances for acceptable behavior. Recent transplants see the difference and many find them unpleasant so they leave.

I keep saying but nobody hears me, it's not hispanics, it's the lack if social civility we find objectionable and until that changes people like us will be leaving Miami.

The perception of Miami does not match the reality. Nobody comes here thinking this is Mayberry, but what most of us understood is that Miami is an American city with a strong hispanic influence. We came here to embrace that culture, but instead we find it the dominant force in behaviors that we find objectionable.

It never fails to surprise me, if we go to Key Largo or Fort lauderdale both those cites are more pleasant than Miami. It if was just a Florida thing I don't think I would notice such a drastic difference and if it was the same as Miami we would be leaving Florida for good.

Sadly, I'm not a Miamian in spirit now as I seemingly can't assimilate to this culture and nothing in the next 6 months is going to change to a degree that would allow us to stay.

We have a good life here, yet the citizens of Miami make living here so incredibly unpleasant, that we are forced to leave.
so as I white boy like me, I would have trouble living there and I would likely have trouble finding a job. I have an MBA and 2 bachelors, I take it there isn't much on Miami beach. and 2nd I don't think that I want to travel to Broward to commute everyday.Is Broward mainly spanish speaking?

Old 05-07-2011, 07:35 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,267,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
so as I white boy like me, I would have trouble living there and I would likely have trouble finding a job. I have an MBA and 2 bachelors, I take it there isn't much on Miami beach. and 2nd I don't think that I want to travel to Broward to commute everyday.Is Broward mainly spanish speaking?

nah broward is primarily english speaking but there is some spanish. primarily more affluent immigrants. its a gradient up the state. as people become more affluent they move further north. orlando has its own thing going on though becoming little puerto rico. (every other plane leaving san juan seems like its headed to orlando). i still think that eventually florida will be all hispanic.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:44 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Why you wanna move? Because you didn't do your homework. You should have visited first. This place is not for everyone. On top of that you moved to little Haiti or whatever you wanna call that crime infested area where you live.

There are over 2 million people here and they are doing just fine. Many people move here and underestimate the culture shock, the horrendous hot weather and the crappy Florida job market. No one is kept here at gunpoint. If you don't like the hispanic culture, you can easily move to Broward and commute to Dade. If you don't like the weather or the job market then you need to move back or move to another state.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
sIs Broward mainly spanish speaking?
Nope, people assume you speak English up there, in Miami, people assume you speak Spanish.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Why you wanna move? Because you didn't do your homework. You should have visited first. This place is not for everyone. On top of that you moved to little Haiti or whatever you wanna call that crime infested area where you live.
You keep blaming it one neighborhood. I have the same problem with Miami all over the city.

Where could I go and not have some moron lay on their horn at me?

Where could I live and get good service?

Where could I live and not have to speak spanish?

Where?

I came here but didn't realize the depth of the depravity and the impact it would have on me. Hell, I'd hate Miami if I lived on Fisher Island.

You keep wanting to blame this all on me rather than look at the facts. White people are leaving for a reason and it's because of people like you, who blame us for pointing out the uncivil behavior here.

I'm not the one causing the problems. I'm fairly well behaved, I have a job. I'm freindly, I return phone calls and emails. I don't honk for no damn reason, I dont' smoke crack, drink in excess and give people respect. What part of that is my problem and can you say that about most of the people in Miami?

Hell, I let people in when they need to get over in traffic. If that happens to you, it's probably me because nobody gives a damn about anybody other than themselves here.

Don't shoot the messenger and you can't blame this uncivil hole on me. If Miami had more people like me, I wouldn't have to move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami