Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2024, 09:09 AM

25,702 posts, read 12,779,845 times

Advertisements

CA building codes would never allow submariner's airport hanger metal building to be built as a residence anywhere near civilization. It would have to be way out in the boonie's in rural Cali...outside Eureka perhaps.

I'm surprised a County in Maine allowed it.

Anyways, fun thread to read. We loved Maine on our 3 week long adventure a few years ago, but the cruise ships ruined the Bar Harbor experience for us. Fortunately, our rental house was in Bass Harbor, far from the hoards...no homeless people, no crime, some drugs due to the Lobsterman, but nobody bothered us.

Northern Cali's a lot more like Maine. We like flying into San Fran then heading North to Mendocino.

IMHO, when too many humans live too close together, bad outcomes result. I avoid big cities like the plague, even thought I lived in a few in the past. No more...I can live where I please.

Work-from-home is taking its toll on big cities, and that will continue. The nastiness we see in big cities will get pushed out into the suburbs, and rural areas eventually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2024, 02:46 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,422,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
........ no crime, some drugs due to the Lobsterman, but nobody bothered us.
Damn lobstermen smoking claws again!

Old 02-17-2024, 02:52 PM

37,450 posts, read 61,360,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post
damn lobstermen smoking claws again!
lol

Old 02-24-2024, 11:57 AM

59 posts, read 112,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
It's taking you two years to find a house in Maine, maybe the problem isn't Maine and new laws , maybe it you and your expectations, just a thought.

Quote:
LOL, kinda my point, I don't mean to take a shot at anyone but two years seems long to me.
Yeah that's the second, maybe third shot you've taken on this thread alone, so clearly you do mean to do it.

Obviously you haven't you been house hunting the past 2-3 years or you wouldn't make such rude and ignorant statements.

Old 02-24-2024, 01:08 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,651,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Standing View Post
Hmm . . . I've been looking for a house in Maine for 5 years. I've pretty much given up. It became clear that I would have to buy land and build a house, and I can't really face that. I should have acted before the pandemic but it just wasn't the right time for me. By the time I was more ready, there were no houses on the market like what I'm looking for. I'm watching a long-held dream dissolve.
I get that but you're looking at it from a real-estate point of view, the OP is looking at it through political lenses.

Old 02-24-2024, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessLyratheKind View Post
Yeah that's the second, maybe third shot you've taken on this thread alone, so clearly you do mean to do it.

Obviously you haven't you been house hunting the past 2-3 years or you wouldn't make such rude and ignorant statements.
When I house hunt I look at it through the view of what is best for my family, if that bothers you I apologize.

Old 02-24-2024, 04:08 PM

238 posts, read 129,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessLyratheKind View Post
Been looking for a house in Maine for 2 years and have become concerned about some of the legislation being introduced at the state level and the attempt to keep Trump off the ballot in November. Then this article came out today.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop...iberal-bastion

Regardless how you feel about this media outlet, it can't be denied that the lean toward the left is happening.

A lot of the leftists are escaping Mass. and heading to Maine, but keeping their politics when they move.

Old 02-24-2024, 05:10 PM

It's sad the some w.ith bias agendas want to shoot down the good people of Maine

Old 02-25-2024, 07:38 AM

2,724 posts, read 6,422,990 times
Quote:
It's sad the some w.ith bias agendas want to shoot down the good people of Maine
Where are you from? Don't sound like a Mainer.

Old 02-25-2024, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post
Where are you from? Don't sound like a Mainer.
Originally from NJ, live in MD and spent summers in NE, mostly Berkshires of Mass and in Main around Baxter State Park/Moosehead Lake. Never once have I met someone from Maine that wasn't nice and willing to be friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine