Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:33 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,376,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by athar227 View Post
One thing i can say, central Islip is the best for living, and the school district is one of the top 4 school district in suffolk county.

People says bad about it, because of mixed races.
Thanks
do you live there? if so, I don't believe it is in the top 4...your grammar is pretty terrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 09:37 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
do you live there? if so, I don't believe it is in the top 4...your grammar is pretty terrible.

It's in the BOTTOM TWO, not the top 4. Only Wyandanch is worse in Suffolk.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:54 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,335,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I second you.... no way top 4 .... that is so funny.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:03 PM

518 posts, read 1,820,803 times
top 4 of highest school taxes i bet.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:27 PM

5 posts, read 16,216 times
Sean, Sean, Sean writes he didn't know CI had so many Spainiards. Let me tell you, there is a huge difference between true Spainiards from Spain and the hispanics from Central & South America and lets not forget Mexico! There is no comparison between these ethnic groups. Central Islip is loaded with hispanics. They have ruined what was once a lovely little town. CVS has signs in English & spanish which is a bunch of crap. There are bodgeas and other stores catering to them. Why the hell should they go back to their countries when we are giving them everything here not to mention the fact that why should they bother to learn English when things are made so easy for them. I'll be damned if I'm going to learn spanish!! They are in my country, reaping all the benefits, so they should be the ones to learn our language. Anyway, to see what C.I. has turned into certainly can explain why people are packing up and getting out.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:44 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,510,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliput3 View Post
Sean, Sean, Sean writes he didn't know CI had so many Spainiards. Let me tell you, there is a huge difference between true Spainiards from Spain and the hispanics from Central & South America and lets not forget Mexico! There is no comparison between these ethnic groups. Central Islip is loaded with hispanics. They have ruined what was once a lovely little town. CVS has signs in English & spanish which is a bunch of crap. There are bodgeas and other stores catering to them. Why the hell should they go back to their countries when we are giving them everything here not to mention the fact that why should they bother to learn English when things are made so easy for them. I'll be damned if I'm going to learn spanish!! They are in my country, reaping all the benefits, so they should be the ones to learn our language. Anyway, to see what C.I. has turned into certainly can explain why people are packing up and getting out.
I don't get what you're saying....Spanish and English are both European langauges.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:11 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,335,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliput3 View Post
That is a very bad attitude I feel. you have to understand, no matter where you go you will have to make room for the unskilled labor class (I'm saying this in a good way).... I'm telling you to go to say Mexico city and see for yourself that even there (nothing against Mexico city, I'm just using this as an example) they must have the unskilled labor from poorer parts of Mexico living in Mexico city !
Its natural my friend.... Central Islip seems to be the place that they chose to hang out on Long Island.... and it did not happen overnight.... you need to find out what did the neighboring towns did or did not do that assisted them in making CI their home....
Peace !

Old 07-01-2009, 10:01 AM

2 posts, read 6,136 times
There are lots of nice places in Central Islip, but some areas are impoverished and dangerous. The Condos along Carleton Ave are very nice and affordable, compared to other places on LI. In fact, if you compare those condos w/ condos in Hauppauge, you'd pay 10% more just for the better zip code. The people I know that have bought condos there are happy. They are mostly divorced people, and people who "sized down" from a regular 3-5 bedroom home in the area. Park Row is the name of one complex, and it is adjacent to the campus of NYIT. The neighborhoods are another story. There are gang problems in the public high school. So if you want to raise a family in Central Islip, I'd think twice, but if you're looking for some decent housing for yourself, it is worth investigating. Finally, Central Islip is the home of the Long Island Ducks, which is an excellent entertainment value.

Last edited by Teachesl; 07-01-2009 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: misspelled words

Old 07-15-2009, 11:05 PM

2 posts, read 9,308 times
Central Islip is a great place to live. I live here more than 40 years. I left my garage door open by accident all day long and nothing was stolen. Touro Law School resides in this town. There's a golf course and much more come and visit!!

Old 07-16-2009, 05:14 AM

146 posts, read 840,510 times
Default Islip - Long Island Ducks

How is the area surrounding the stadium where the Long Island Ducks play? Is that safe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island