Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 11:13 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,335,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIsland2AZ View Post
What about College Woods? Is that a bad area still? That's where I used to live.
Keep in mind when discussing pockets within a town.... your kids will go to the same school as the kids from areas you are trying to avoid.... if that does not apply to you, then you can probably consider it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 11:53 AM

326 posts, read 429,844 times
It is a war zone out there. Reminds me of those old Charles Bronson movies. I wouldn't go out unloaded if I need to walk or drive on those streets. Make sure to wear a bullet-proof vest as well.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:29 PM

265 posts, read 945,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seren77 View Post
It is a war zone out there. Reminds me of those old Charles Bronson movies. I wouldn't go out unloaded if I need to walk or drive on those streets. Make sure to wear a bullet-proof vest as well.
uhhhhhh, no.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:25 PM

518 posts, read 1,820,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athar227 View Post
Property taxes here is very high,comparing with neighbouring islandia and Happauge, school district here in central islip is one of the top 4 in suffolk area, there is a big shopping Mall, Home Depot, Target mall

Nice to live, no violation no drugs, we were there for the last 20 years.

One can choose central islip to live and raise kids...........
Thanks
lol... theres too many things wrong with that statement... first of all, the vast majority, if not all, of islandia is CI school district, which makes the taxes insanely high for what you are getting. 175k houses with $8000 taxes!!! taxes in islandia are equal to CI. and CI schools, top 4 in suffolk in what category?? lol... theres no true shopping mall there, just the target/home depot shopping center, which theres not much else there besides those 2. and i guess maybe you could consider the islandia walmart shopping center too. and no drugs or crime? lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by seren77 View Post
lol...

Old 06-11-2009, 05:33 PM

5 posts, read 16,216 times
I grew up in Central Islip and what a wonderful town it was. My mom was born & raised here also. Everything went downhill when the spanish started taking over. That's when the town changed drastically. Home prices declined sharply. Hey, who wants to live next to a bunch of slobs who walk over the pennysaver in the driveway a dozen times, ties the curtains in knots and leaves the storm door tied open? What is that all about? I am sick of being made to feel like a foreigner in my own country and thanks to these liberal bleeding hearts, our once lovely little town is destroyed forever. Of course it's unfair to stereo-type all hispanics, because they are all not the same but in my observation, many do not have any pride in their personal property. They love their cars and will make sure they have all the latest upgrades but their homes are pigpens. I am tired of them taking over and ruining what I have worked so hard for. Another thing, let them learn English and stop catering to them. My grandparents had to learn English. I think it's time for the gravy train to come to a halt.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:47 PM

2 posts, read 15,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The pride of the CI fire department is gracing us with his presence!!
There are alot of good men and women who put their lives on the line for the people of CI . i know the town is becoming more foreign every day but there are some of the original white families here. if any one to blame for the spanish invasion of our long island towns its the government . they cater to these foreigners and makes us whites learn spanish. well its not fair. my ancestors came from italy and norway both sides of the family lost thir language, culture because of the government . why not do the same for others and force them to bend to the AMERICAN will . i got to say the other rich white towns have heroin and other drugs like that to deal with. the only drug in ci is pot. eventually the town will be white again just like in 1906. for now we will just deal with it till it gets out of control because these hispanics breed like rabbits

Old 06-27-2009, 04:20 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,510,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIFD3-7-4Engine4 View Post
if any one to blame for the spanish invasion of our long island towns its the government . they cater to these foreigners and makes us whites learn spanish.
The poster above you also mentioned Spanish people....I wasn't aware there were so many Spaniards in Central Islip...

Are they only making people learn Spanish in Suffolk? I hope "the government" doesn't do that here...I'd be screwed, that was my worst subject in HS.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
The poster above you also mentioned Spanish people....I wasn't aware there were so many Spaniards in Central Islip...

Are they only making people learn Spanish in Suffolk? I hope "the government" doesn't do that here...I'd be screwed, that was my worst subject in HS.
Technically I'm not sure they are Spaniards, they are mexicans from mexico. And they have a much more presence down south (near the border).

Old 06-29-2009, 06:35 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
Technically I'm not sure they are Spaniards, they are mexicans from mexico. And they have a much more presence down south (near the border).
I don't know, they look like Conquistador's to me with their funny helmets!!

Old 06-29-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I don't know, they look like Conquistador's to me with their funny helmets!!
LOL. They must have replaced that with hard hats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island