Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 07:24 PM

929 posts, read 2,068,287 times

Advertisements

It's a pretty bad area of Long Island. As with any area, there are pockets of nice neighborhoods, but I would stay away from it like the plague. The Target they built over there was pretty nice for a while, but has now become a hang out for vagrants and undesirables.

Unfortunately, SCPD does a very poor job of policing the area. But, they do a fine job at making sure it doesn't spill into bordering neighborhoods, mostly because they live there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 09:37 PM

3 posts, read 63,122 times
What about College Woods? Is that a bad area still? That's where I used to live.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:08 PM

518 posts, read 1,820,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIsland2AZ View Post
What about College Woods? Is that a bad area still? That's where I used to live.
its not so great, i believe its alot of section 8 housing. The townhouse complex that they built off the east side of carlton ave is pretty nice though, and somewhat secluded from the crap that surrounds it.

the areas south of suffolk ave and off of lowell and carlton seem to be the worst.. north of suffolk is a little nicer

Old 05-09-2009, 10:53 PM

7 posts, read 34,237 times
Wink Central Islip 11722

One thing i can say, central Islip is the best for living, and the school district is one of the top 4 school district in suffolk county.

People says bad about it, because of mixed races.
Thanks

Old 05-09-2009, 11:02 PM

7 posts, read 34,237 times
Arrow zip code 11722 central Islip

Property taxes here is very high,comparing with neighbouring islandia and Happauge, school district here in central islip is one of the top 4 in suffolk area, there is a big shopping Mall, Home Depot, Target mall

Nice to live, no violation no drugs, we were there for the last 20 years.

One can choose central islip to live and raise kids...........
Thanks

Old 05-10-2009, 06:52 AM

1,416 posts, read 5,601,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athar227 View Post
Property taxes here is very high,comparing with neighbouring islandia and Happauge, school district here in central islip is one of the top 4 in suffolk area, there is a big shopping Mall, Home Depot, Target mall

Nice to live, no violation no drugs
You're being sarcastic, right?

The property taxes in Hauppauge are the lowest in Suffolk County for a good stable area, because the county center and office parks absorb so much of the school tax burden. In fact the Hauppauge School District is consistently rated within the top 5 in Suffolk County and is the best bargain in the county.

I don't know anything about Islandia taxes/schools so can't speak to that one.

No drugs in Central Islip? With all due respect, have you been living in a bubble for the past 20 years?

Not to mention the gangs problem. Here are a few recent news links:

GANGLAND: Bloods v Crips gang members from Central Islip and Bay Shore have been charged in connection with a bloody attack at a Suffolk mall early this month

Man gets life in Central Islip gang slay (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2007/10/03/2007-10-03_man_gets_life_in_central_islip_gang_slay.html - broken link)

https://www.city-data.com/forum/long-...t-town-li.html

Old 05-18-2009, 03:43 PM

2 posts, read 15,348 times
Exclamation my HOMTOWN CI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i live in CI i love my town im a volunteer firefighter for CIFD. im a football player and a wrestler . the only thing bad is all the foreigners. they dont speak english it Moderator cut: language

off 85% of car accidents are foreigners. i have CI pride. i bleed purple & gold. but if u want to live here speak english . and the only gang allowed is LA COSA NOSTRA mafioso 4 life italia & norge i love being white

Last edited by nancy thereader; 05-19-2009 at 03:53 PM..

Old 05-19-2009, 10:56 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,340,730 times
Send in a relative that you don't like (on your side or your spouse's side) first.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:00 AM

964 posts, read 2,462,695 times
Central Islip is no Roosevelt or Hempstead, but it's getting there.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:03 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIFD3-7-4Engine4 View Post
i live in CI i love my town im a volunteer firefighter for CIFD. im a football player and a wrestler . the only thing bad is all the foreigners. they dont speak english 85% of car accidents are foreigners. i have CI pride. i bleed purple & gold. but if u want to live here speak english . and the only gang allowed is LA COSA NOSTRA mafioso 4 life italia & norge i love being white
The pride of the CI fire department is gracing us with his presence!!

Last edited by nancy thereader; 05-19-2009 at 03:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island