Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 08:31 PM

63 posts, read 218,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
And your a real estate agent too? Just what do you tell your clients who are thinking of buying a home here on Long Island?
It's not my concern whether they like long island or not, my job is to find them the right house.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:36 PM

491 posts, read 829,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queens2ligirl View Post
wow..you really do think LI SUCKS...the sooner you get out of here the better off you will be and so will everyone else around you, you sound miserable!
Not as miserable as I am !
Try living in GreatNeck-Manhasset and have to go to court or some BZA hearing every week. Its the only way to tie up some Iranian Jew from sticking some 30 chamber brick&stucco mausoleum up your backside.
Pay big $$$ to live like this ?

-Joe

Old 02-13-2007, 08:42 PM

10 posts, read 88,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
Not as miserable as I am !
Try living in GreatNeck-Manhasset and have to go to court or some BZA hearing every week. Its the only way to tie up some Iranian Jew from sticking some 30 chamber brick&stucco mausoleum up your backside.
Pay big $$$ to live like this ?

-Joe
what is a BZA hearing?! Sorry for the naive question?! when you say go to court you mean for any little thing you want to do to your home, right?!

I live in New Hyde Park in Nassau County. I would LOVE to relocate, but, my husband does not want to. I want bigger property/house...but, I work part time and am a stay at home mom, and, my husband is in law enforcement, moving would mean, MUCH HIGHER TAXES, and we are only married 7 years, and want another child...you know how this song goes...blah, blah, blah.

I have to tell you you comment about the mausoleum's being built is too true..it has really gotten out of control.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:46 PM

10 posts, read 88,118 times
i hear where you are coming from, i would not want to be in your position on that one either.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queens2ligirl View Post
what is a BZA hearing?! Sorry for the naive question?! when you say go to court you mean for any little thing you want to do to your home, right?!

I have to tell you you comment about the mausoleum's being built is too true..it has really gotten out of control.
Not quite, I do not wish to modify my old cape house However these Iranians, Great Neck, Mid Eastern people from North Shore LIJ have learned real estate and now going around reading obituarys, buying perfect old houses to knock them down trees and all. No demolition permits, just knock them down and pay the fines as the price of getting things done quick
They then scream "Let me build what I want or I wont build anything and leave a big fence and hole "Property For Sale" for 20 years"

BZA=Board of Zoning and AppealsBuilders usually always need a zoning, building, hearing on these obscene variances to build big so they can flip them for the most $$.
Build 3-2 family crap-mountains where ONE single family house was. To them green space is undeveloped space and paint or nice woodwork on building means maintenance or is deemed cosmetic. They are worst forceful bunch around and they never rest or sleep.

If I were you I would stay put, you still many old Italians old blood in NHP. The people doing this here know they are not welcome and wont get away with crap so easy.
In Manhasset these Wall street people will trade there mothers if it means 400K $1M profit go retire in Hilton Head play golf all day.

-Joe

Last edited by Joe L; 02-13-2007 at 09:45 PM..

Old 02-13-2007, 09:37 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,393,830 times
being from Brooklyn i have never heard that term Iranian Jew and wow Im jewish...I must say that is very offensive.and no Im not iranian either....May I ask what did the JEWISH people do to you? and what nationality are you? other than ignorant???

Old 02-13-2007, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
being from Brooklyn i have never heard that term Iranian Jew and wow Im jewishwhat nationality are you? other than ignorant???
Ignorant ? You dont have a clue to whats going on in The Town of Nort Hempsted. 2: I dont give a crap if some PC mom from Jersey finds my facts offensive. I speak the truth.
State or accept facts or mind your own business, dont blame the messenger.
Now go to the corner and google the word "Lalezarian"

-Joe

Old 02-13-2007, 10:15 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,619,498 times
Default Iranian Jew or Armenian?

Quote:
Now go to the corner and google the word "Lalezarian"

-Joe
That name sounds like it's Armenian (almost all surnames ending in -ian are)

Old 02-13-2007, 10:15 PM

265 posts, read 1,548,920 times
Quote:
Ignorant ? You dont have a clue to whats going on in The Town of Nort Hempsted. 2: I dont give a crap if some PC mom from Jersey finds my facts offensive. I speak the truth.
State or accept facts or mind your own business, dont blame the messenger.
Now go to the corner and google the word "Lalezarian"-Joe
IMHO, the messenger would have a much better chance of being listened to if his facts weren't always couched in ethnic terms.

If you were to argue your facts that way in court, the judge would quickly have you tossed out on your ear for contempt (and rightly so).

Old 02-13-2007, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvertaxedOnLI View Post
IMHO, the messenger would have a much better chance of being listened to if his facts weren't always couched in ethnic terms.

If you were to argue your facts that way in court, the judge would quickly have you tossed out on your ear for contempt (and rightly so).
Is that why my approvel raiting is Posts: 90 Reputation: 27 ?
Nope no contempt yet, In court you have to talk different however I receive cheers and had a Supervisor (Newburger) shut down a hearing due to agita.
….However
The truth is she no longer had the votes to pass her agenda, so she lied to scuttle the hearing.
Id safly call that contempt of legislative process ! Now thats a violation of the US Constitution this politition swore to defend and obey. Article IX, Section 17(b) to be exact.

Greed Greed Greed
Hey when a public servants develop special interest's, get brave and shady and start peeing on US the Constitution they deserve to be dumped on ....screw them!
This goes for the individuals that continue to support them as well.
We have enough of this going on in Washington DC dont need it on Long Island, not without a fight anyway

-Joe

Last edited by Joe L; 02-13-2007 at 11:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island