Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 09:30 PM

31 posts, read 162,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check123 View Post
Oddly enough, a coworker just purchased a house, $550K. I have one friend who lives in Manhattan and owns a house upstate. I have another childhood friend who lives in Manhattan and owns an $800K house on the east end. I also have a number of friends who own their own homes in Sayville. My friend's cousin paid cash for his house. Last week someone parked their new Bentley in front of my building. Shiver me timbers! I bet you want some of that rum now.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
I will gladly give up my rum to your friends... with the price of houses goin down, little chance they will make that money back if they sell, and with their obvious debt, I think they need the rum more than I do.

Last edited by nutmuffin; 03-08-2007 at 09:40 PM..

Old 03-09-2007, 05:20 AM

480 posts, read 2,828,919 times
LOL

Unlikely. Any short term loss (if any) would be offset by past and long term appreciation. I know first hand that they carry minimal debt, therefore they have no need for your rum. Bottoms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmuffin View Post
I will gladly give up my rum to your friends... with the price of houses goin down, little chance they will make that money back if they sell, and with their obvious debt, I think they need the rum more than I do.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check123 View Post
LOL

Unlikely. Any short term loss (if any) would be offset by past and long term appreciation. I know first hand that they carry minimal debt, therefore they have no need for your rum. Bottoms up!
OK, Mr, "Mad Money" ,

You know "first hand" ? , so now its YOU, who seems to know the exact financial situation of everyone around you ? and you know this, how ? because YOU, ARE DELUSIONAL ? . Or because your friends report every financial move to you ? Or are you are inside their homes and privy to every personal conversation , so you are 100% certain that ALL of your friends carry minimal debt ? ( minimal credit cards, no mortgages?). Wow, you know alot about them .
Yes, I take it back, they dont need rum, they need an electronic sweep.
I think your friends should be checking their homes for your bugging devices.

Last edited by nutmuffin; 03-11-2007 at 10:43 PM..

Old 03-12-2007, 06:00 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,667,802 times
As we know from the various and sundry Dr. Milton Friedman Jr.'s on this board, the unfortunate people whose plans were upset by job loss, contracting a terminal disease, or falling meteors could have, and should have forseen this eventuality, and are thus to blame for their own troubles.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:11 PM

265 posts, read 1,548,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
As we know from the various and sundry Dr. Milton Friedman Jr.'s on this board, the unfortunate people whose plans were upset by job loss, contracting a terminal disease, or falling meteors could have, and should have forseen this eventuality, and are thus to blame for their own troubles.
hehehehe

That's priceless!

Old 03-12-2007, 09:13 PM

I'm their Accountant. I'm also the trustee for several of their children. No need for bugging devices, they give me their information willingly.

Where should I have that rum delivered?

Quote:
OK, Mr, "Mad Money" ,

You know "first hand" ? , so now its YOU, who seems to know the exact financial situation of everyone around you ? and you know this, how ? because YOU, ARE DELUSIONAL ? . Or because your friends report every financial move to you ? Or are you are inside their homes and privy to every personal conversation , so you are 100% certain that ALL of your friends carry minimal debt ? ( minimal credit cards, no mortgages?). Wow, you know alot about them .
Yes, I take it back, they dont need rum, they need an electronic sweep.
I think your friends should be checking their homes for your bugging devices.

Last edited by Check123; 03-12-2007 at 09:54 PM..

Old 03-12-2007, 10:27 PM

" I'm their Accountant. I'm also the trustee for several of their children. No need for bugging devices, they give me their information willingly. Where should I have that rum delivered?"

so ,youre an accountant ? Sure,of course you are !
IF THATS REALLY TRUE !! So, you talk about financial matters as a full time job and then you discuss it again on this forum at night.. how exciting ! . "Mr. Exciting, table for 1, your rum is ready " .

P.s.. and according to a previous post of yours ;youre also a pizza delivery boy,who eats the toppings off of customers pies ! wow, multi talented !

who are you going to be in the next post ? An astronaut.. ???

You're very amusing !!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2007, 04:40 AM

Yes, I am an Accountant. I have been for the past 20 years. I have no plans on becoming an astronaut, although I could go into financial services. (I also have an MBA in Finance)

The bit about the pizza was a joke. Perhaps you've had too much rum already. I'll donate your share of the bounty to charity.

Quote:
" I'm their Accountant. I'm also the trustee for several of their children. No need for bugging devices, they give me their information willingly. Where should I have that rum delivered?"

so ,youre an accountant ? Sure,of course you are !
IF THATS REALLY TRUE !! So, you talk about financial matters as a full time job and then you discuss it again on this forum at night.. how exciting ! . "Mr. Exciting, table for 1, your rum is ready " .

P.s.. and according to a previous post of yours ;youre also a pizza delivery boy,who eats the toppings off of customers pies ! wow, multi talented !

who are you going to be in the next post ? An astronaut.. ???

You're very amusing !!!!!!!

Last edited by Check123; 03-13-2007 at 05:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island