Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2024, 09:47 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
The news that Blakeman attended the wake of murdered police officer Jonathan Diller must have further saddened the libs. In the first place it was a popular move supported by the folks (horrors!) and secondly calls attention to failed lib criminal justice (double horrors).

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/...ficer-k0n1no9g

Seems like Blakeman has done quite a bit in a short time (proactively protecting the girls sports, proactive safety planning, attending a police officer’s wake, etc.) to make the libs very sad. Not necessarily a bad thing.
Any other needless proactive measures coming up? He is making the rounds doing all the photo-ops, you would have to be blind to not see he is using his office to set up a run for governor.

I’m hoping at some point he gets around to fixing the tax assessment system, you know his campaign promise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2024, 10:08 AM

3,249 posts, read 1,739,106 times
I'll bet (and hope) all they're gonna get to do is stand outside directing traffic. There were "auxiliary police" in my hometown in Suffolk County, NY when I was about ten. That's what they did, stand around directing traffic when the power went out or if there was a fire. I wouldn't want to be within two miles of armed "wanna be" cops.

Old 03-29-2024, 11:08 AM

1,772 posts, read 3,234,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Any other needless proactive measures coming up? He is making the rounds doing all the photo-ops, you would have to be blind to not see he is using his office to set up a run for governor.

I’m hoping at some point he gets around to fixing the tax assessment system, you know his campaign promise.
Maybe Blakeman can post a few signs on the LIE
"Welcome to Nassau County, the Florida of the Northeast".

Old 03-29-2024, 11:44 AM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post
Maybe Blakeman can post a few signs on the LIE
"Welcome to Nassau County, the Florida of the Northeast".
Would make sense.
LI & Florida are pretty interchangeable at this point.

Old 03-29-2024, 11:45 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
I'll bet (and hope) all they're gonna get to do is stand outside directing traffic. There were "auxiliary police" in my hometown in Suffolk County, NY when I was about ten. That's what they did, stand around directing traffic when the power went out or if there was a fire. I wouldn't want to be within two miles of armed "wanna be" cops.
They still have aux police in Suffolk and Nassau. In Suffolk they can be armed if they have a permit.

Old 03-29-2024, 11:46 AM

Quote:

Forget that. “Fixing” the system will just make taxes go up even more for most. Political suicide. He’s going to leave it how it is.

Old 03-29-2024, 12:03 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,662,548 times
Quote:
Now what could go wrong with this, Blakeman is good at creating solutions to non-existent problems.

I wish he would focus on the NUMC and tax assessments but that would require some thought.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...es/ar-BB1kIkXp
I'm with you on this. The chuckleheads I know who own guns I don't want responding to an emergency.

Old 03-29-2024, 12:38 PM

5,046 posts, read 3,951,250 times
But Susan Gottehrer, director of the Nassau County regional office of the New York Civil Liberties Union, said Blakeman's proposal “raises serious questions. The public deserves more information, including who will be hired under such a program and how Blakeman defines an ‘emergency.’”

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/...assau-sbawowxp

Well, that clinches it, LOL. Might as well get the BLM perspective.

Old 03-29-2024, 01:03 PM

1,261 posts, read 559,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Forget that. “Fixing” the system will just make taxes go up even more for most. Political suicide. He’s going to leave it how it is.
It will never be fixed. It's an entire industry of companies providing grievance services, getting paid, and funneling that money back to county politicians to ensure that the system continues as is.

Old 03-29-2024, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPC324 View Post
It will never be fixed. It's an entire industry of companies providing grievance services, getting paid, and funneling that money back to county politicians to ensure that the system continues as is.
Correct I think the grievance industry rakes in insane money now. A lot of lobbying power
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island