Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2023, 06:29 AM

5,046 posts, read 3,952,175 times

Advertisements

We see this sort of thing routinely at the Ivy League campuses (where lefty professors convince the gullible kids that Israel is an oppressor state and Palestine is the oppressed…and other ‘oppressed’ groups in the US [blacks, Hispanics, native Americans, etc.] are seen as allies in the struggle).

But, here on Long Island? Mineola?

Pro-Palestinian demonstrators rally in Mineola week after Hamas invasion of Israel

At least 1,500 people gathered in Mineola on Sunday for a pro-Palestinian rally, waving flags and placards and calling for an end to Israeli attacks against the Gaza Strip.

The protest took place a week after the militant group Hamas invaded Israel and killed at least 1,400 people in the worst one-day loss of life in Israel since its founding in 1948.

Many of the speakers and rallygoers condemned the violence by Hamas, but others framed it as part of a “resistance” to Israel’s occupation of Gaza and the West Bank and what they described as decades of human rights abuses.

https://www.newsday.com/amp/long-isl...neola-ftngopg6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2023, 06:59 AM

3,516 posts, read 5,697,905 times
While protected 1st amendment speech its really disturbing people taking the side of people who mass murder babies

Old 10-16-2023, 07:23 AM

22,666 posts, read 36,775,030 times
My college age kid posted something vaguely anti Israeli on Twitter - and I do mean VAGUELY....but I told her to delete and keep her thoughts off social media. Girl thinks she is going to post that and then go work in LA - good luck. Thankfully she listened. And does not attend a college where there will be any sorts of protests or demonstrations.

Old 10-16-2023, 08:09 AM

528 posts, read 711,337 times
So what? Violence begets violence. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. I read somewhere that for every 1 Israeli killed there are like 10 Palestinians killed. The biggest issue is both sides see this is a black and white issue when it is clearly not.

Old 10-16-2023, 08:51 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,662,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
We see this sort of thing routinely at the Ivy League campuses (where lefty professors convince the gullible kids that Israel is an oppressor state and Palestine is the oppressed…and other ‘oppressed’ groups in the US [blacks, Hispanics, native Americans, etc.] are seen as allies in the struggle).

But, here on Long Island? Mineola?

Pro-Palestinian demonstrators rally in Mineola week after Hamas invasion of Israel

At least 1,500 people gathered in Mineola on Sunday for a pro-Palestinian rally, waving flags and placards and calling for an end to Israeli attacks against the Gaza Strip.

The protest took place a week after the militant group Hamas invaded Israel and killed at least 1,400 people in the worst one-day loss of life in Israel since its founding in 1948.

Many of the speakers and rallygoers condemned the violence by Hamas, but others framed it as part of a “resistance” to Israel’s occupation of Gaza and the West Bank and what they described as decades of human rights abuses.

https://www.newsday.com/amp/long-isl...neola-ftngopg6

Notice the green vests in use by some of the protesters? The wearing of the green vest shows you directly support Hamas.

Old 10-16-2023, 09:16 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,767,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koctail View Post
So what? Violence begets violence. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. I read somewhere that for every 1 Israeli killed there are like 10 Palestinians killed. The biggest issue is both sides see this is a black and white issue when it is clearly not.
And heeeere we go with the typical false equivalency/cycle of violence dreck excuse. What a shock.

Old 10-16-2023, 09:17 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,662,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
My college age kid posted something vaguely anti Israeli on Twitter - and I do mean VAGUELY....but I told her to delete and keep her thoughts off social media. Girl thinks she is going to post that and then go work in LA - good luck. Thankfully she listened. And does not attend a college where there will be any sorts of protests or demonstrations.
I told my kids they are on the first plane back home if I see/hear/tweet them any support for Palestinians if they don't explicitly condemn Hamas first. Not a peep from them.

Firstly, they don't have the backbone to go against their peers.
Secondly, they don't know **** about Israel, it's founding nor the history of the region known as Palestine.

Last edited by kmrlongisland; 10-16-2023 at 09:32 AM..

Old 10-16-2023, 10:00 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,065,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
While protected 1st amendment speech its really disturbing people taking the side of people who mass murder babies
100% this.
We can feel bad for the Palestinians trapped in Gaza. We can also acknowledge that if Hamas attacks Israel, Israel will - and should - fight back. (If Canadian terrorists similarly attacked the US, Americans would certainly retaliate, no?) Why are American people protesting against self-defense??

Old 10-16-2023, 11:37 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,326,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveMeCoffee View Post
100% this.
We can feel bad for the Palestinians trapped in Gaza. We can also acknowledge that if Hamas attacks Israel, Israel will - and should - fight back. (If Canadian terrorists similarly attacked the US, Americans would certainly retaliate, no?) Why are American people protesting against self-defense??
Because America these days loves the bad guy or the underdog or the less popular group and these groups disagree with retaliation.

I hear people saying Israel stole the land, that land has changed hands so many times in history. Bottom line is Jewish people lived on that land for what 2k years before Islam was even founded. Jews got kicked off the land, the Ottamans owned it, then the brits, then creation of Israel. They lost more land by attacking Israel in the 6 day war. Land is never returned in the modern history of the world. Large chunks of USA was Mexico we aren't giving it back.

Old 10-17-2023, 10:59 AM

18,467 posts, read 31,621,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post

Thank you, I cannot wrap my head around this. It wasn't that they even just shot them all, but it was the barbaric way this all had happened.
Ordinary people having breakfast, sleeping in bed, etc.....then these savages barge in..........

are they kidding me.

Palestine needs to be wiped of the face of the Earth,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: