Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2023, 07:16 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,768,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Oh I don't know; this driver's Telsa went through flood waters as if it were a puddle and came out other side. However we don't know if there were any later consequences for said action.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/LYndLcEn_LU

Apparently Lamborghinis aren't bothered either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w30ZVPbmgUE
An electric car would have a better chance of going through than an ICE car for sure. But like you said who knows it he had damage after, and if water gets into the interior it can destroy it and the electronics. Terrible idea to ever drive through a flood in any car
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2023, 09:01 AM

22,667 posts, read 36,779,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Could be an insurance job too! Tired of payments, go drown the Lambo and get a new car.

Fort Lauderdale had record flooding last year, people knew the roads were flooded but drove right through high water anyway. Ruin the motor and electronics and insurance company pays off the car and you get another one. Especially in a leased vehicle, there is really no loss to the driver............go get a new one!
There's a storm chaser I follow on Twitter and he had a camera set up in Florida for the last hurricane. Has video of a woman parking her car on a causeway type road and leaving and never coming back.

Most people aren't that bright - when you work in insurance it's very easy to spot this kind of fraud. After the December 1992 Nor Easter we had a few more floods and people tried this. Didn't work out. Lost their car and didn't get paid.

Old 10-02-2023, 09:30 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,768,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Could be an insurance job too! Tired of payments, go drown the Lambo and get a new car.

Fort Lauderdale had record flooding last year, people knew the roads were flooded but drove right through high water anyway. Ruin the motor and electronics and insurance company pays off the car and you get another one. Especially in a leased vehicle, there is really no loss to the driver............go get a new one!
Not only is that dangerous and stupid (and insurance fraud on top), you carry a huge risk of losing your car and getting no payout at all. Insurance companies aren't dumb.

Old 10-02-2023, 11:26 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,406,825 times
I work in Insurance and so far no claims have been called into my office

Old 10-02-2023, 05:56 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
There are cars all over the collision places in southern Nassau. Valley Stream, Cedarhurst, Woodmere received 8 inches of rain, cars stuck in water many places. Parts of Brooklyn were also hit hard.

Old 10-03-2023, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There are cars all over the collision places in southern Nassau. Valley Stream, Cedarhurst, Woodmere received 8 inches of rain, cars stuck in water many places. Parts of Brooklyn were also hit hard.
I heard. That's an insane amount of rain. I got one call for a roof leak but I told the guy to get an estimate on repairs before putting the claim in. He has 2500 deductible.

Old 10-03-2023, 01:32 PM

20,028 posts, read 20,835,571 times
How did South Baldwin do?

Old 10-05-2023, 02:31 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,339,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post

I'm putting in a claim to you today for my car.

Old 10-06-2023, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
i'm putting in a claim to you today for my car.

lmfao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island