Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2023, 03:59 PM

429 posts, read 156,780 times

Advertisements

Costco if they have what you need in stock. Otherwise, The Tire Store in Freeport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2023, 11:32 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,338,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i just bought a 2023 lexus rx500h sport hybrid ..we have it about 6 weeks now and love it …it’s one second slower in the zero to 60 then the porsche macan we were going to get
The 2023 rx is a massive upgrade over the 2022 that looked 10 years old inside. I was impressed, a really nice car. Stoler Lexus just played games and I was already irritated at Toyota for my inspection issue. I bought a 23 tesla model Y performance instead. It was the best decision ever. The car is absolute blast to drive. It’s unnecessarily fast and has tons of space due to frunk and sub trunk. I’ll never go back to gas, I plug in at night it’s always full. Took it to Toronto put it on autopilot. Was most pleasant Long drive I ever had. It’s just a better driving experience. I drove an automatic gas car today first time in 6.5 months and I despised it. Had to use the brakes hold the brake at a light. I’m so used to coasting and having regen slow the car down and just hold it at a light. I do still drive a 6 speed manual.

Old 09-10-2023, 01:57 AM

106,861 posts, read 109,114,600 times
no comparison though between the rx500h and rx350 …

the rx500h is as sporty and fast as lexus can get out of a crossover/suv .

it has a whole different power train and transmission as well as steerable rear wheels which actually turn and an adjustable suspension .

with taxes and fees it was 80k.

my son has a tesla Y and also just bought the tesla X plaid .

holy cow ,at 1100 hp driving that is insane

Old 09-10-2023, 06:17 AM

5,300 posts, read 4,783,936 times
Quote:

it has a whole different power train and transmission as well as steerable rear wheels which actually turn and an adjustable suspension .

I hope he got the plaid last week when they slashed the price like 35k! Lots of angry buyers over that one can’t believe what it’s selling for now.

Old 09-10-2023, 06:34 AM

he got it 6 weeks ago

Old 09-10-2023, 06:41 AM

Quote:

Absolutely. The rx500 is probably best in its class and will run forever. All performance models and plaids are just flat out stupid with the speed. I tracked mine, put it in track and mode and floored it ran 0-60 in 3.3 and 1/4 mile in 11.7.

The x/s plaid are wild. I drove a S plaid and it was wild. It’s same power train as X plaid Just lighter. When we are in market in 3 years for a wife replacement I plan on getting a plaid.

Old 09-10-2023, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
Absolutely. The rx500 is probably best in its class and will run forever. All performance models and plaids are just flat out stupid with the speed. I tracked mine, put it in track and mode and floored it ran 0-60 in 3.3 and 1/4 mile in 11.7.

The x/s plaid are wild. I drove a S plaid and it was wild. It’s same power train as X plaid Just lighter. When we are in market in 3 years for a wife replacement I plan on getting a plaid.
what is scary is all the electronic systems in cars today that have the potential to go wrong and effect so many other things that diagnosing them becomes hell .

of course in forums you only see the problems posters have but it does seem so many cars are being bought back by the companies because either there are no parts available or after multiple attempts they can’t fix the cars.

people are waiting months for a second fob with lexus …chip shortage …they tell us we will get a second key when available…

the cars can run off an app on your phone instead of a key but it has been unreliable to date and requires the car come with a digital key option which we do have

Old 09-10-2023, 07:42 AM

12 posts, read 6,737 times
In the past I had been buying tires from tirerack and shipping to a local Firestone for installs. Now Amazon has gotten into the tire business so having prime I ordered tires and had them shipped to a local Mavis (amazon seems to have a deal with them). It ended up being the cheapest option even vs. tirerack.

Old 09-10-2023, 09:44 AM

Quote:
what is scary is all the electronic systems in cars today that have the potential to go wrong and effect so many other things that diagnosing them becomes hell .

of course in forums you only see the problems posters have but it does seem so many cars are being bought back by the companies because either there are no parts available or after multiple attempts they can’t fix the cars.

people are waiting months for a second fob with lexus …chip shortage …they tell us we will get a second key when available…

the cars can run off an app on your phone instead of a key but it has been unreliable to date and requires the car come with a digital key option which we do have
The Tesla phone key always works it runs on Bluetooth, im sure you son will say the same! I think I have used the key card 2x. I'm surprised Lexus still has that issue as it was going on in Feb when I was looking.

Old 09-10-2023, 10:16 AM

people who bought in january and feb are now getting notices to pick up the second key .

lexus didn’t go with a key card ..

it’s fob or app for the phone…my app worked fine to drive the car but many reported it spotty and they never would not have a key fob on them .

but then you don’t need the ap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island