Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 12:35 PM

7 posts, read 43,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Scott View Post
We have lived in the Western Shores lake community just northeast of Murray, KY since 2008 and would be happy to answer any questions you might have about the development, Murray or the surrounding area. You can contact us at - scottdw02@hotmail.com[/email]

Dave & Teresa Scott
Dave

It took me a while to put 2 and 2 together. Hope you remember us. Paula and Jim Fletcher. We visited with you and Teresa at Western Shores a while back. We were deciding whether to build yet or not. Been watching these posts for a while...and see you have repsonded to one of my posts. Hope all is going well. How is the development proceeding? We missed the get together in June. Hope we get up there soon.

Jim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 09:01 PM

80 posts, read 209,863 times
Default Just wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrytiredcold View Post
We have been spending summers in north-central Minnesota on a small lake and the winter in the Chicago area. We love Minnesota, but unfortunately our children/grandchildren live in Indianapolis. Just too far for frequent visits.

I would love to relocate to a warmer climate for year-round residence, be on a lake & near some shopping (grocery, etc).

I have been reading about the Murray & it seems this might be just the place. There has been an advertising blitz for lakeshore lots in the area. I am including the web address in case anyone isn't sure what I am talking about. I've been trying to find info (other than advertising) on this part of Kentucky Lake, but no luck. I was expecting to see something about the local input on area developments. Can anyone help?

Oh, the website: Kentucky Lakefront Land For Sale - Western Shores at Kentucky Lake

Kind of just reading through all these responses as my husband and I are beginning to look towards retirement and would like to consider something a little less severe in the winter (we're in ND). Just wondering if you ever followed up on this Western Shores and the area around it -- and what your thoughts are. Thanks much...

Old 08-10-2010, 09:09 PM

80 posts, read 209,863 times
Default Tell me about your weather

You guys have caught my interest with this Western Shores conversation. The area seems to have everything I'm looking for -- gorgeous scenery, lakes (fishing and golf for my husband -- and he got pumped about the RC plane fly-in). I kind of think those gorgeous hills would provide some terrific motorcycle riding ... now as long as there's a library close it could be pretty close to 'perfect'. One thing I'm wondering -- I read a lot of remarks about your 'four seasons'. I'll be the first to say whatever kind of winter you have, it's can't be that bad (we've lived in North Dakota the past 20 years). I have no problem believe the spring and fall is phenomenal. HOWEVER,,,just what are we talking about during the summer? Have to tell you for several years we were looking very hard at the Ozarks in MO/AR, but the last three summer visits just about did us in with the heat and humidity. Is Kentucky going to experience about the same kind of weather during the summer?

Old 08-10-2010, 09:55 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,540,294 times
Let me put it this way on the heat and humidity here. The heat index here this week is 110. Here is the forecast for Cadiz, Ky., about 35 miles from Murray. It's really the same forecast for most of the area.
7-Day Forecast for Latitude 36.87°N and Longitude 87.85°W

As far as the library, the Murray Calloway County Library is right on Main Street. Murray State University has 2 very good libraries. They have a regular library then they have a special collections library just down the street.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:27 PM

5 posts, read 28,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rougueag View Post
Dave

It took me a while to put 2 and 2 together. Hope you remember us. Paula and Jim Fletcher. We visited with you and Teresa at Western Shores a while back. We were deciding whether to build yet or not. Been watching these posts for a while...and see you have repsonded to one of my posts. Hope all is going well. How is the development proceeding? We missed the get together in June. Hope we get up there soon.

Jim
Hi Jim,

Sorry for the late response but I haven't been on this forum in a while. Things are going well but as an earlier post noted it has been very hot and dry this summer in Murray. The first annual lot owners picnic June 12th was a great success with approx. 450 in attendance. Lots of good food and the opportunity to meet future neighbors. All the roads in Western Shores have 'finally' been paved with the exception of the private drives which are scheduled to be completed in the next couple months. Several homes are currently under construction to include a couple in Lookout Bay not that far from your lot. If you happen to be on facebook check out my site Tennessee Log & Timber Frame Homes @ Western Shores as I have lots of pictures. Stop by the next time you're in the area.

Dave

Old 07-29-2012, 12:01 PM

2 posts, read 10,170 times
My wife and I own property within Western Shores on Kentucky Lake and are looking to trade up our current property. We own lot 43 in Legacy Cove North which is 1.5 ac, water front with limited fall and winter water views. The property is paid in full and valued at $84,900. We would like to upgrade to a full year round water view property in order to build our future retirement hose. If there is someone who was looking to trade please email me at Kjolson@mchsi.com. We would be looking to trade our lot plus take over payments for someone looking to get out of their current land mortgage. Look forward to hearing from interested owners within Western Shores.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:03 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,491 times
We are at Kentucky Lake right now, in our camper.

You can buy land/lots near KY lake rather inexpensively, depending upon how fancy one wants to be.

It is humid in the summer, though.

Go to realtor.com and search around New Concord, KY. That's right near the lake.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,098 times
I thoroughly enjoy the area and have been down there MANY times over the last 5 years. I bought lot 34 in "The Pointe", which is about 4 lots in from one of the 2 really nice boat dock areas for the community. There has been some issue with the other boat dock area because of the high winds, but they are working to repair that. Unfortunately, the insurance company won't pay for the rebuild, but as said, they are working on that other area. There haven't been any issues with the community from my point of view. I like the town of Murray, Murray State, the surrounding towns that will have annual community picnics and such, Land Between The Lakes and the MULTITUDE of things it has to offer. I bought the property to build on and live in my retirement, but life circumstances have shown me that this will be a dream that I'll never be able to reach. My lot is about 1.2 acres, and there are currently 10 or so houses around my lot that have gone/are going up. It's turning out really nice, but nothing I'll ever be able to enjoy in retirement. I'll be stuck here in Illinois until I'm dead and gone. That said, I'll still continue to come down there, but I'm regrettably looking to sell my lot. I paid $54k for it, and the ones next to me went for considerably more. I'm taking a loss on it because I have no choice, asking $50k. If anyone is interested, please contact me - [email]MightyMouse75@comcast.net[/email] I have some pictures and also a plat map of the entire development. Oh, and Nashville takes me about an hour and a half to get to, and the drive really isn't that bad. I really do love the entire area - Murray, Benton, Aurora, LBL, Grand Rivers(Patti's Restaraunt)......etc etc...

Old 04-18-2020, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,087 times
I am interested in knowing what the HOA fees currently
are, if their reserve is solvent and if there are any current or planned assessments?

Old 04-20-2020, 08:56 PM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Default Lighthouse Landing Grand Rivers Kentucky

I have always loved Lighthouses.

Lighthouse Landing
Grand Rivers, Kentucky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDGIqK5qUuw

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Location..._Kentucky.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky