Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 07:47 PM

58 posts, read 140,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Interesting. You say you are not a christian but keep a bible on your desk. That says quite a lot about religious attitudes in Kentucky, doesn't it?

I was about to write that anyone contemplating living in Kentucky should think twice about pasting atheist bumper stickers to your car and even letting people know (in casual conversation) that you are not of the same religion as they are.
To summarize the posts. The primary message is; if you are not religious, shut the F*** up or get out of Kentucky! At the same time the Kentuckians will pat themselves on the back for being open minded.
There are 4 things Kentuckians care about: 1. Football, 2. basketball, 3. guns, 4. Jesus.
I don't think beilart lives in Ky just yet. Also, I think basketball should be 1st on the list .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 08:05 PM

666 posts, read 2,538,614 times
Quote:
Interesting. You say you are not a christian but keep a bible on your desk. That says quite a lot about religious attitudes in Kentucky, doesn't it?

I was about to write that anyone contemplating living in Kentucky should think twice about pasting atheist bumper stickers to your car and even letting people know (in casual conversation) that you are not of the same religion as they are.
To summarize the posts. The primary message is; if you are not religious, shut the F*** up or get out of Kentucky! At the same time the Kentuckians will pat themselves on the back for being open minded.
There are 4 things Kentuckians care about: 1. Football, 2. basketball, 3. guns, 4. Jesus.
You are a great summarizer. Your list is just amazing and so true.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:08 PM

54 posts, read 116,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokygirl View Post
I don't think beilart lives in Ky just yet. Also, I think basketball should be 1st on the list .
This is fun! But, oh dear, I am not athletic at all. And with the agnostic thing, well, three out of four ain't good....But hey, I'm a hell of a shot with a .22 as well as a shotgun, so maybe I can find SOME common ground with SOMEbody!

And don't worry, gecarson. I'll bloom wherever I need to. Maybe in your town? You'll know me by my acts: I'll be the one acting most like a Christian. By the way, not sure how this conversation could be considered esoteric OR philosophical.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdawg View Post
You are a great summarizer. Your list is just amazing and so true.

Oh gawd....say it isn't so. Where are you from?

Old 10-28-2009, 08:26 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,193,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokygirl View Post
Certainly, each Kentuckian can organize these four things according to personal priorities.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobersmoochers View Post
This is fun! But, oh dear, I am not athletic at all. And with the agnostic thing, well, three out of four ain't good....But hey, I'm a hell of a shot with a .22 as well as a shotgun, so maybe I can find SOME common ground with SOMEbody!

And don't worry, gecarson. I'll bloom wherever I need to. Maybe in your town? You'll know me by my acts: I'll be the one acting most like a Christian. By the way, not sure how this conversation could be considered esoteric OR philosophical.
Three out of four is better than zero out of four, which is my score. Not into sports, church, or guns. Why do I even live here??? Oh, yeah, I was born here!

Old 10-28-2009, 08:29 PM

9 posts, read 24,490 times
Quote:
Not worried at all - esoteric and philosophical to the degree that "I just don't get it" - meaning the depth of your posts are just way over a poor old Kentuckian's ability to grasp. I'll have to read up on how a Christian is supposed to act so I'll be on the alert. I sure hope they don't act like militant agnostics.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Certainly, each Kentuckian can organize these four things according to personal priorities.
Thanks! My family believes basketball rules, so that's number one for them. Good list.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:42 PM

Kentucky is starting to sound a LOT like Texas...

nokygirl, if I move to Kentucky (after I pack my agnostic military-style uniform), I'll look you up. You show me around, and I'll show you how to blow big holes in old television sets. You'll never go back to a life without shotguns. (Sorry, hope you're picking up on the humor...SOME people just don't get it.)

Old 10-28-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Kentucky is starting to sound a LOT like Texas...

nokygirl, if I move to Kentucky (after I pack my agnostic military-style uniform), I'll look you up. You show me around, and I'll show you how to blow big holes in old television sets. You'll never go back to a life without shotguns. (Sorry, hope you're picking up on the humor...SOME people just don't get it.)
Okay, it's a deal. I used to shoot all the time when I was younger. We would all get together and go to the turkey shoots. I was also trained to use a handgun as personal weapon by my father when I lived at home. My husband still hunts, but it's mostly bow and arrow. But blowing big holes in old TV sets sounds like a wonderful way to relieve stress and have a good old time. I'm giggling right now just picturing it .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky