Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 04:42 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,573,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
------ I will not be watching this program"-----
-----This program will be a continuation of stereotyping"--

And you know that about a program that has not aired yet and one that you will--"not be watching" ?
Yes, that is what I said now wasn't it? Just seeing previews alone gives one an idea....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider127 View Post
Well said, InLondon. I totally agree. I wouldn't watch that program even if I didnt have to go to work.

Have you noticed, InLondon, that ignorance is in good supply also? I know I have.
Ignorant, so many people around the country are just that.

They will be sure not to show the mansions that exist in Eastern KY, guarantee it.....

Old 02-13-2009, 04:48 PM

93,350 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
The 2 most loyal Democratic voting groups in America are inner city Blacks and White people in Eastern KY and West Virginia. They are also the 2 poorest groups of people in the nation.
but the South votes Republican a lot and the South has been known for being the poorest region of the country.

Also, do those groups actually vote in large numbers anyway?

Also, there are many rural Blacks that are poor too. Believe me, just google Tchula, Mississippi where my father is from to see what I'm talking about.

Then you can't forget that the Hispanic population and Asian population both have higher percentages of people in poverty than whites in this country. There might be some crossover with Hispanics and whites due to most Hispanics identify as White racially. Check this out:Poverty 2007 Highlights (http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/poverty07/pov07hi.html - broken link)

Poverty - How the Census Bureau Measures Poverty (http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/povdef.html - broken link)

Old 02-13-2009, 05:12 PM

295 posts, read 974,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Ignorant, so many people around the country are just that.

They will be sure not to show the mansions that exist in Eastern KY, guarantee it.....
I would bet 10 years pay that you are right, InLondon. You can bet that they wont show any pretty houses at all. You know and I know there is plenty of pretty houses that them and their cameras will pass up in order to go find a little house that is about to fall in on itself.

I wish that ignorance could be wiped out but that is impossible. You see, in order to wipe out anything, you have to be able to surround it. Ignorance is wide spread, in every state, in every city, town and village in this great nation we call home. It can't be defeated because we can't surround it.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:25 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times
Wow !

I wish I had a dollar for everytime our local ABC affiliate has mentioned it.

Seems they mention "the kids" a lot.

Evidently those rich people living in---"those mansions"------ must not have kids or they would be shown in the schools they are going to tonight.

Or do all people living in---"those mansions"---homeschool ?

Old 02-13-2009, 05:35 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
I will definitely be watching..After the show I am sure I will have an opinion How come none of those producers never come aroumd my place I would love to take them on a tour and introduce them around...

Old 02-13-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Wow !

I wish I had a dollar for everytime our local ABC affiliate has mentioned it.

Seems they mention "the kids" a lot.

Evidently those rich people living in---"those mansions"------ must not have kids or they would be shown in the schools they are going to tonight.

Or do all people living in---"those mansions"---homeschool ?
Where are you from?

Old 02-13-2009, 05:38 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,613,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I will definitely be watching..After the show I am sure I will have an opinion How come none of those producers never come aroumd my place I would love to take them on a tour and introduce them around...
Bev, If they aired you on tv then everyone would know the truth about Kentucky. That is Kentucky residents know how to cook, and are some of the friendliest and most down to earth people one could meet.

I will be watching it because these exact conditions take place in the UP of Michigan not far from me.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:44 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times
I am from the United States (the same country Kennedy was from when he singled out the Appalachians some 40 + years ago)

He believed it would take--FEDERAL------money to help those areas
Any help in the future will also take---FEDERAL--money.

Yes, I do pay ---FEDERAL--income taxes and have been paying ---FEDERAL--income taxes longer than the majority of posters here.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:02 PM

295 posts, read 974,600 times
Quote:
I am from the United States (the same country Kennedy was from when he singled out the Appalachians some 40 + years ago)

He believed it would take--FEDERAL------money to help those areas
Any help in the future will also take---FEDERAL--money.

Yes, I do pay ---FEDERAL--income taxes and have been paying ---FEDERAL--income taxes longer than the majority of posters here.
You know, somehow I knew that you weren't from the Commonweath of Kentucky.

And can you please explain how money got into the topic.

Don't think for even an instant that schools are the only place they will visit. They will take little side trips in order to spread the ignorance even farther than it is now.

I am a Kentuckian and am damn proud of it. And I am just about at my limit on seeing my state, my region thrown into the gutter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky