Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 08:17 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,883,070 times

Advertisements

This world is full of "What if", don't get me wrong, I'm glad it wasn't used. But, while ye'all are setting around looking for something to do...check out who built this so called hospital. State contract's, Democrats love contracts for special people.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/university...9vQdJz-XCPm09o

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2020, 02:23 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,554,390 times
This is like I say about every conversation about politics. Everybody has their own opinion and nobody is going to change the other person's mind.

Old 05-14-2020, 02:33 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times
Thanks for the kind words and good suggestions, kygman. I have nice back yard plus a little wooded getaway with a small rickety cabin on a creek about 45 minutes from home, and it has really served me well this spring. With pools closed, I'm sure my feet will be in that clear, cold, clean spring-fed water a lot more this summer, too. Maybe by mid-July I can invited a few friends to safely join me there. Sure hope so. Feet in the creek, dining on watermelon with friends - what could be a better way to spend a July afternoon?

Meanwhile, this is a good time to stay home, work on projects, and live one day at a time, while planning for the week(s) ahead. Being retired with no immediate dependents makes my lot far easier than that of many others.

Your Monkey's Eyebrow excursion sounds like a lot of fun. I'm hoping to do something similar one day next week - heading to the Knobs to hunt for geodes and Indian relics (I have the landowner's permission). Probably won't see a soul once I'm there, and won't stop between my house and the geode-laden creek, so I should be fine, and no doubt will find some pretty things to line my garden beds.

Thanks for the updates - keep well!

Old 05-14-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
This is like I say about every conversation about politics. Everybody has their own opinion and nobody is going to change the other person's mind.
Like I said "We are witnessing the effects of people refusing to discuss politics and religion" If you don't discuss it and study it....you don't know right from wrong, you just blindly take the word of someone else as Gospel so to speak. Myself as an example, a Democrat for well over 45 yrs and finally changed his mind so, see gman, it can happen, you just have to open up your mind and look around and study. The same holds true with religion but, it didn't take 45 years.

Old 05-15-2020, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
This world is full of "What if", don't get me wrong, I'm glad it wasn't used. But, while ye'all are setting around looking for something to do...check out who built this so called hospital. State contract's, Democrats love contracts for special people.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/university...9vQdJz-XCPm09o

Just in case you are having a hard time finding what you need. This one has been covered up quick.

https://www.lex18.com/news/lex-18-in...-never-be-used

Old 05-18-2020, 05:56 PM

https://www.wave3.com/2020/05/08/col...h-u3NzGoQu55VU

Its business as usual for little Andy, he wouldn't even know we were in the midst of a world wide pandemic if it wasn't for the distant voices of protest from the parking garage over the way.

Old 05-20-2020, 05:06 PM

14,784 posts, read 8,120,726 times
I think Gov. Beshear has done an excellent job. I would prefer a Gov. to be overly cautious on this matter, since people's lives are stake, than to take unnecessary risks.

Old 05-20-2020, 05:40 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,554,390 times
Crazee, for some reason C-D won't let the rep thing pop up when I click on it but I agree with you.

Old 05-20-2020, 07:01 PM

811 posts, read 890,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
https://www.wave3.com/2020/05/08/col...h-u3NzGoQu55VU

Its business as usual for little Andy, he wouldn't even know we were in the midst of a world wide pandemic if it wasn't for the distant voices of protest from the parking garage over the way.

Beshear is one of the worst type of Politicians...”do as I say not as I do” type. Beshear will be known as the Governor who failed at the Pandemic response. Tennessee is open for business, has less deaths from Covid-19 and has conducted significantly more tests and a much MUCh lower unemployment rate per capita.

Meanwhile Beshear continues to hold press conferences daily like he is some kind of local celebrity.

I also don’t understand Beshear’s reluctance to open businesses. Georgia and South Carolina have been mostly open since late April and they have had no spike in cases, hospitalizations or deaths from Covid-19.

Old 05-21-2020, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY_Transplant View Post
Beshear is one of the worst type of Politicians...”do as I say not as I do” type. Beshear will be known as the Governor who failed at the Pandemic response. Tennessee is open for business, has less deaths from Covid-19 and has conducted significantly more tests and a much MUCh lower unemployment rate per capita.

Meanwhile Beshear continues to hold press conferences daily like he is some kind of local celebrity.

I also don’t understand Beshear’s reluctance to open businesses. Georgia and South Carolina have been mostly open since late April and they have had no spike in cases, hospitalizations or deaths from Covid-19.
Well, he's a democrat and he's doing what democrats do, and has been for the last three and a half years. He's attempting to keep businesses closed as long as he possibly can, and the democrats in Washington will keep sending trillions of dollars to States in hopes of a complete collapse of our economy and to garner votes. They (the democrats) don't care who or what they hurt or how many dies in the process. It's all about power and the opportunity to revenge the election of 2016. By November 3rd the "Virus" will be just a bad memory.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky