Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 10:08 PM

17,351 posts, read 11,312,371 times

Advertisements

Congrats to you for getting the shot. I'm happy to learn all went well and the experience sounds like it went very smoothly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2021, 05:45 AM

20,165 posts, read 9,060,402 times
Second shots are being canceled all over the country. Don't count on a second shot for quite a while.

Old 02-06-2021, 12:31 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,915,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Second shots are being canceled all over the country. Don't count on a second shot for quite a while.
Source? Anything specific to Kentucky?

While we Kentuckians haven't received the amount of vaccine needed - and requested by our governor - according to all I've seen and heard, shots are being offered and the procedure seems to be well-planned and organized. It was certainly that in my own case.

Companies are (finally) ramping up their production of their vaccines, so the shortages should improve soon, assuming distribution will also ramp up. Getting these things to occur seems to be both a federal and state priority and it should be non-partisan.

Emphasis on "should"...

Kentucky friends who got their initial shots earlier than I did are now receiving their second shots, and report that as with their initial shots, the procedure is well-organized and that recipients are being injected promptly, without undue waiting in line.

Old 02-06-2021, 02:12 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,564,880 times
My wife had been on the list for our local health department for over a month. A lady on the phone there told her they didn't know when they'd be getting any and if she had a chance to get it somewhere else, to go for it, then let them know so they can take her name off the list. Our local TV station was interviewing reps from the two Paducah hospitals and one gave a toll free number to get an appointment. Wife was on hold (where to they get that pathetic on hold music???) about 10 minutes (this was this past Thursday) before a lady answered and set her up for Feb. 18. Now since I'll be 65 a week from tomorrow, I'll be ready for the next age group but don't expect it for a few months.
And I know quite a few people who are set up, or already got, their second shot.

Old 02-09-2021, 10:55 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,884,722 times
https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/audito...VjlNNTC13XY9Mw

Knowing how State Government works, I'll go out on a limb and say, as many as 50% of State employees are drawing unemployment and never missed a paycheck, and, in some cases getting overtime.

Not to mention all the private small businesses (5,6...10 employees) drawing and still working, for cash more than likely.

Why and how could this happen?

Old 02-23-2021, 10:26 PM

https://www.wkyt.com/2021/02/24/gov-...ommdendations/

CDC said months ago it was safe to go back to School...in the beginning, Schools were to be closed for two weeks, it turned into a year, now it takes an executive order? What's so urgent now?

I think things are getting a little tense for little Ande. A couple of things still up in the air he's concerned about. Bless his heart. He reminds me of a 16 yr. old trying to run the State and that's about how it has turned out. At least someone took his sippy cup away from him. What an embarrassment.

Old 02-25-2021, 03:02 AM

20,129 posts, read 16,186,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
https://www.wkyt.com/2021/02/24/gov-...ommdendations/

CDC said months ago it was safe to go back to School...in the beginning, Schools were to be closed for two weeks, it turned into a year, now it takes an executive order? What's so urgent now?

I think things are getting a little tense for little Ande. A couple of things still up in the air he's concerned about. Bless his heart. He reminds me of a 16 yr. old trying to run the State and that's about how it has turned out. At least someone took his sippy cup away from him. What an embarrassment.

It had to be done to force the six school districts still out back to in-person learning - including freaking Jefferson and Fayette Counties. Jefferson County is no longer in the red, they pushed old people out of the vaccine line, the science has made it very, very clear that the science supports returning, and JCTA is still fighting returning. I am literally ashamed of my fellow educators in both Fayette and Jefferson Counties. It is inexcusable and the general public is well aware that the whole “we are doing it because we care about the kids” is a big, fat lie, at least in those counties, and that will hurt teachers the next time they need the public’s support.

Old 04-15-2021, 04:25 PM

Well, I hate to say "I told ye so" but, I told ye so...I sure hope they keep looking.

https://www.wkyt.com/2021/04/15/repo...ring-pandemic/ Just the tip of the iceberg.

And, since were on the subject,

https://www.wkyt.com/2021/03/26/unem...I7JGWB66CAvfo8

And, I'll put this right here...

https://www.wkyt.com/2021/04/14/prot...yqzo8ObyArBiTs

With all the information he has at his disposal to make an intelligent decision.....he chooses to twist your arm. Now before you all start...I've had both injections but, it was my choice.

Ah heck why not....I know you all have missed me...like a wart on ye nose...I knew it was gone but glad of it.

https://www.wkyt.com/2021/03/13/viru...E9uLW4k22iFzAU

So, little andy didn't save your life after all.

Oh and something else....it sure would be a great time for a good IT guy...no matter what he cost.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky