Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 01:29 PM

410 posts, read 874,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Is this true?

https://babylonbee.com/news/kentucky...bXroL6cTWDZTY0

I know, much of what you see on the old interweb ain't true or has been rearranged to say the least but, I sure hope this ain't true.

I haven't heard of it until I seen this.

Babylon Bed is a comedy satire site along the lines of the onion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2020, 04:20 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,884,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmagex View Post
Babylon Bed is a comedy satire site along the lines of the onion
Well good! It didn't look right to me...ye learn something every day. That's the ol interweb for ye.

Thanks

Old 04-24-2020, 07:23 AM

A good read for those of us willing to add to our knowledge of the situation. Be sure to read it in it's entirety.

https://coronavirustruths.godaddysit...8Ve4cPOd0tcXlM

Old 04-24-2020, 11:42 AM

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Cl...EESRi8av0z3BVM

Sounds like they are ready to "Open Up" with or without his blessing.

Just my opinion, and has been previously pointed out that I ain't too intelligent but, this is just one of many if Governor Andy likes it or not.

Old 04-27-2020, 09:16 AM

Well, Kentucky has made the national news again! Yah!

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...-lSI1buwJORq_o

I love the expression on little Andy's face...You mean they're taking pictures?! Not even a Mother could be proud if this.

Be careful what ye ask for!

Old 04-27-2020, 07:38 PM

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...X-xbeCDc_0AMOs

Governor Andy sure has been in the news a lot lately. While this is an opinion....it is an opinion of many.

Old 04-28-2020, 11:34 AM

Other than to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America and The Constitution of The Great Commonwealth of Kentucky, does anyone have an official Government document outlining the duties of the Governor?

Old 05-03-2020, 09:16 AM

Has anyone wondered why little Andy decided not to hold his infamous daily press conference on Saturday?

Well, now we know....https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Pr...NXWI0x9aKaodyY

And, why did he move it to the State EOC? Does little Andy feel unsafe at the Capitol?

Like I said, "It's all politics from here on out".

It appears as though little Andy is part of a group of democrat Governors (that's why he took a shot at Tennessee) that are holding out on opening up their States in hopes of getting more money from the Federal government to offset their poor performance as Governor. The Federal Government has poured Billion of dollars into States as of late....and they want more? They aren't going to use this "VIRUS" as leverage, I guarantee it. He don't care how many businesses close permanently or how many people are suffering not working or suicide, spouse abuse, child abuse, alcohol abuse, drug abuse and the list goes on. At some point, and it's now, the cure is worse than the disease. By the way...does anyone die of a Heart attack, cancer, or stroke anymore? The more people that dies of the "VIRUS" the more money they get. The more people that die of the "VIRUS" the more money Hospitals get.

Little Andy thinks he's putting a feather in his hat but, it will turn out to be the opposite, in fact, he'll be lucky if he don't go home early. Business as usual for the democrats but, what little Andy has forgot is, he didn't win by a landslide and it shows....finally Kentucky is seeing the light.

Old 05-03-2020, 12:06 PM

1,265 posts, read 1,425,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Has anyone wondered why little Andy decided not to hold his infamous daily press conference on Saturday?

Well, now we know....https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Pr...NXWI0x9aKaodyY

And, why did he move it to the State EOC? Does little Andy feel unsafe at the Capitol?

Like I said, "It's all politics from here on out".

It appears as though little Andy is part of a group of democrat Governors (that's why he took a shot at Tennessee) that are holding out on opening up their States in hopes of getting more money from the Federal government to offset their poor performance as Governor. The Federal Government has poured Billion of dollars into States as of late....and they want more? They aren't going to use this "VIRUS" as leverage, I guarantee it. He don't care how many businesses close permanently or how many people are suffering not working or suicide, spouse abuse, child abuse, alcohol abuse, drug abuse and the list goes on. At some point, and it's now, the cure is worse than the disease. By the way...does anyone die of a Heart attack, cancer, or stroke anymore? The more people that dies of the "VIRUS" the more money they get. The more people that die of the "VIRUS" the more money Hospitals get.

Little Andy thinks he's putting a feather in his hat but, it will turn out to be the opposite, in fact, he'll be lucky if he don't go home early. Business as usual for the democrats but, what little Andy has forgot is, he didn't win by a landslide and it shows....finally Kentucky is seeing the light.

You've posted no facts other than that people gathered to protest. Everything else is speculation/opinion without any grounding. In that article even, people were talking about delaying cancer treatments or something, and at least to my knowledge, something like that would be considered an essential or emergent issue that would be allowed to occur.

How is he offsetting poor performance as Governor when he hasn't even been in the office for more than 6 months yet?

Doesn't matter how much he won by - he's still the Governor elect and there are plenty of people and news media across the nation who have regarded the work of Kentucky as being a standout in preventing a much worse death rate in the state because of how at-risk the state population was at the start of this.

I also don't consider myself a Democrat - but I also am not a partisan voter. Best person for the job on either side of the table is how I view things, and I can only imagine the crapshow that KY would have been with Bevin in power. What happened to sensible Republicans? They did exist at one time. Heck, even GW Bush is speaking out against Trump, and he was widely regarded as the worst Republican president ever...until now.

Can we resurrect Honest Abe? For now we have Honest Andy instead. It's gonna be a LONG 3.5 more years for you if you can't come to grips with living under a leader who puts people over profits. Seems like there's a lot of pro-life people who are showing their rear ends at the moment. Or perhaps they're really only pro babies and once they're born; screw em.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 05-04-2020 at 05:22 AM.. Reason: Rude

Old 05-03-2020, 12:18 PM

811 posts, read 891,131 times
What’s ironic is that Beshear ran for Governor to provide raises and support to educators, but due to significant lost tax revenue, likely will have to slash any raises for educators and other state employees and likely significant layoffs.

Beshear is in over his head and seems to like to hear himself talk by holding daily press conferences where he repeats the same stuff over and over like we are in the Third grade.. Sad to see how Kentucky is becoming another rust belt-ish decaying State unlike its fast growing Southern neighbors.

I just moved back to KY in February and now kind of regret it. The States future looks grim,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky