Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 10:26 PM

13 posts, read 52,085 times

Advertisements

I would suggest the following:
#1-Owensboro
#2-Cadiz
#3- Paducah
#4Midd*****ro

These are scattered about the state but each has so much to offer, I'd check them all out if I could move to any location I wanted to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2006, 09:06 AM

1 posts, read 5,063 times
If you want to live in a small town away from Crime and drugs try fordsville.
I move here 5 years ago and I love it.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:01 AM

76 posts, read 344,898 times
You need to check out Cadiz, Kentucky. We are the GATEWAY TO THE LAKES. Small friendly town close to shopping and industrial parks. Interstate 24 on our east side and Land Between the Lakes on our west side. Fort Campbell to our south. Hunting and fishing abound on & around Trigg County. We have one of the finest State Parks. Down town sets rows of antique shops. Ham Festival every October we have made the world's largest country ham biscuit at this event. During this time crafts and food booths line up and down our Main Street and several side streets. Check out gocadiz.com Let me know if you would like more info.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:31 PM

2 posts, read 10,133 times
Default Movint to Kentucky as well

We are looking to move to Kentucky from Las Vegas Nevada.
We have been looking at Lewisport near Owensboro. Is there anyone who can give me any information on Lewisport? How is the work there etc...?
My husband is in the constucion business (block, brick & stone mason)
I have read places people are recommending and have yet to read anything on Lewisport

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me

Old 09-17-2006, 12:02 AM

1 posts, read 5,061 times
I would highly recommend elizabethtown......it's a nice safe small town with lots to do.

Old 09-27-2006, 04:15 PM

5 posts, read 18,277 times
I live in Oldham County Kentucky, it's a small town, but not too small, right outside of Louisville so you are still only about 25-30min from the action and I love it here! I also am familier with Bowling Green and think it is very nice as well, My family had a cabin on Lake Barren in Glasgow Kentucky which is about 30 min. from Bowling Green and I really loved it there! It is also a small town but not too small close enough to a bigger city but far enough away so that they take things slow. I will have to say the people there were much friendlier than they are here in Louisville and the land is beautifull! They have such pride in ownership there..it really shows!

Old 09-27-2006, 09:36 PM

7 posts, read 99,833 times
for the Twins I'd move to Lexington for their school system and their after-school organizations.

my research has shown other places in Kentucky to be fine but if one likes to buy a beer or two becareful of the Dry Counties. Even if you drive to a Wet County to buy beer, the roads are crowded with Dry County residents who've visited the bar in the Wet County. I say that such Dry County drinkers can't hold their liquor nor can they fairly judge whether or not to drive or get a hotel.

Lexington is the place to be for the kids.

Old 09-29-2006, 08:39 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,430,118 times
Default Thank you

Thanx everyone for replying. Right now I'm tossing up between 2 towns(?) - Hustonville being my first choice and Danville being my second. And I'd like to hear from everyone about any and all info they can give me on these 2 areas. I know that the housing prices are reasonable, esp. compared to Philly. But I'd also like to know about the job situation, crime, shopping and anything else you can tell me that I may need to know. All answers will be appreciated. Thanx again.

Old 10-29-2006, 12:50 PM

2 posts, read 9,029 times
I grew up in Munfordville. And it's prolly the greatest small town I have ever been in. But of corse it all depends on what your looking for. There are three factories located close, two are in the city, one is in a town called Horse Cave which is like 7 miles away from here. If nothing else just give it a shot...I think you might like it!

www.visitmunfordville.com

Old 11-04-2006, 07:46 AM
dkk

3 posts, read 19,129 times
I have been offered a job in Owensboro. I am from a small city near Dayton, Ohio area and am curious to the type of lifestlye. How is the area for parks and recreation? I enjoy being outside. Are there any nearby state parks with camping/swimming/hiking?

Any advice on Owensboro would be appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky