Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 09:44 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,883,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaralj View Post
Are you moving to London Hogrus?? I've been down there, it's a nice area.
Well, purty much. I have spent a lot of time in London for awhile now...I figured I might as well. I venture out west from time to time also for brief periods. I like London and, I know a lot of people that have made their way down to. A lot of people are leaving Eastern Kentucky for various reasons.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 11:23 AM

536 posts, read 962,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Well, purty much. I have spent a lot of time in London for awhile now...I figured I might as well. I venture out west from time to time also for brief periods. I like London and, I know a lot of people that have made their way down to. A lot of people are leaving Eastern Kentucky for various reasons.

Well good luck on your move. We've been down that way a few times. Nice area. We've been checking out areas in KY to move to (from Northern KY). Basically retire to. Western KY is high on the list, but then also looking south to Knoxville. Totally different I know! I do love the mountains. We go out to Colorado several times during the year, but cost of living is too high there. So figured maybe cheaper living this side of the world with mountains. Who knows. Still in the wonder lust stage..trying to find my piece of rural, Mayberry style living. Good luck to you though, I hope you enjoy London area.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:34 AM

35,089 posts, read 31,339,345 times
A couple of buddies of mine posted pictures from an outing on Laurel Lake this weekend. Apparently Holly Bay Marina has houseboat rentals - first I've seen of this in a long time. Beautiful lake and area.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaralj View Post
Well good luck on your move. We've been down that way a few times. Nice area. We've been checking out areas in KY to move to (from Northern KY). Basically retire to. Western KY is high on the list, but then also looking south to Knoxville. Totally different I know! I do love the mountains. We go out to Colorado several times during the year, but cost of living is too high there. So figured maybe cheaper living this side of the world with mountains. Who knows. Still in the wonder lust stage..trying to find my piece of rural, Mayberry style living. Good luck to you though, I hope you enjoy London area.
Thanks Tamara...and good luck to you as well!

Old 07-13-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
A couple of buddies of mine posted pictures from an outing on Laurel Lake this weekend. Apparently Holly Bay Marina has houseboat rentals - first I've seen of this in a long time. Beautiful lake and area.
I have made my way down to Laurel many times through the years. It's a beautiful body of water, clear, deep, clean water. Operated by the US Forest Service and the Army Corp of Engineers. I normally fish when I go. It's a little busy this time of year for me with pleasure boaters and jet ski's so, if I fish now it's at night but, for some reason I don't see as well at night as I used to.

Laurel isn't near as large as Lake Cumberland but a great place to visit anyway.

Yes they have houseboat rentals and, I think pontoon's also. Grove Marina has rentals also....I think. Grove is on the Whitley County side of the Lake.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:59 AM

This is new for London/Laurel County.....what do youns think?

[vimeo]136107073[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/136107073

Purty cool Huh...

Old 09-20-2015, 11:42 AM

Okay...who is going to the World Chicken Festival? 26th annual, hum, they been doing this longer than I thought.

World Chicken Festival

See ye there.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:15 PM

Little soggy at the World Chicken Fest...maybe it's best you all didn't come, but wait, there's always tomorrow.

Old 10-25-2015, 10:07 PM

London has a new coffee shop. I usually get my coffee down to the Speedway but, for youns that like the "special coffee" you might like it. I know some people that has been and said it was great.

Brie's Brews Coffeehouse - Brie's Brews Coffee House

I was going to tell you all about the Farmers Market but, it's closed for the year...so i won't.

Old 10-25-2015, 10:17 PM

A lot of folks are interested in knowing about schools...thought I would throw this in...

Laurel County Schools

Not bad from what I hear. Check out the awards!
A lot of nice buildings also.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky