Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 02:51 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,119,055 times

Advertisements

Then I think you will do just fine in Kentucky. I hope you find a place you like here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 05:28 PM

302 posts, read 630,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
Then I think rural Ky may be a place you can call home and be happy. I hope you find it.
Not to rural though. I want to be near civilization, like within 10-20 minutes. I want to be in a place thats quiet and peaceful but when I need it, or my kids need it, stores, doctors, banks, pharmacies, etc are not to far

Old 12-05-2012, 07:16 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,184,056 times
^
easy to do! Plenty of places like that near Louisville and Lexington. If you like hill country check out Bullit and Nelson Counties, south of Louisville.

@ thank you for your kind words!

Quote:
have met people who have left Kentucky years ago in search of jobs and most of them still call themselves Kentuckians.
I am a "Louisville Expatriat" and always say good things about the place ("a Louisville Evangelist"), but appreciate the entire Commonwealth, too (esp Lexington & the Bluegrass region, having went to college there).

Old 12-05-2012, 10:19 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,723,778 times
Default Kentucky Unique State Statutes

Many years ago I read about a unique Kentucky statute that I wish was enforced to this day---everywhere. Helps make Kentucky the state that it is.

"No wife may move furniture in the house without the husband's permission."

By gum, send'em to jail if they do!!

Old 12-05-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Many years ago I read about a unique Kentucky statute that I wish was enforced to this day---everywhere. Helps make Kentucky the state that it is.

I would spend my life in jail then. Moving furniture is such fun lol!!

Old 12-05-2012, 07:36 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,915,350 times
Was that last word "permission" or "assistance"??

Old 12-05-2012, 08:18 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,762,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyalicia105 View Post
Not to rural though. I want to be near civilization, like within 10-20 minutes. I want to be in a place thats quiet and peaceful but when I need it, or my kids need it, stores, doctors, banks, pharmacies, etc are not to far
La Grange, Ky is the PERFECT spot for you. Email or PM me with more questions. It is also by far the best school district in the state, and only 20 minutes to malls and "big city" amenities, but is very quaint and quiet.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
La Grange, Ky is the PERFECT spot for you. Email or PM me with more questions. It is also by far the best school district in the state, and only 20 minutes to malls and "big city" amenities, but is very quaint and quiet.
You have my attention because you mentioned this town twice to me. Can you tell me specifically why La Grange would be more suitable for me than Lexington and Bardstown? Im curious...

Old 12-06-2012, 07:21 PM

407 posts, read 1,265,010 times
I wonder what knuckledragging male wrote that law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Was that last word "permission" or "assistance"??

Old 12-07-2012, 01:13 AM

14,789 posts, read 8,130,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post

Rofl, if that were a law I would be a Lifer in Prison ~ always moving the furniture around and rearranging things! I would be on the FBI's Most Wanted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky