Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 02:55 PM

1,774 posts, read 3,794,721 times

Advertisements

I knew Diane Sawyer was from Glasgow. Don't know why I typed Louisville, other than it's what I thought a one time. Absent-minded moment, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 08:03 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,803,734 times
From Wikipedia "Born in Glasgow, Kentucky, Diane Sawyer is the daughter of Jean W. Sawyer – an elementary school teacher – and Erbon Powers "Tom" Sawyer, a judge.[1] Soon after her birth, her family moved to Louisville, Kentucky..."

Old 06-07-2012, 01:04 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capcat View Post
I knew Diane Sawyer was from Glasgow. Don't know why I typed Louisville, other than it's what I thought a one time. Absent-minded moment, I guess.

She says she's from Louisville when asked. She never mentions Glasgow. She also pretended not to know what country ham was on GMA once when Emeril was on. Who is born and raised in KY and doesn't know what country ham is? We call that "gettin above your raisin' " where I come from...lol.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
From Wikipedia "Born in Glasgow, Kentucky, Diane Sawyer is the daughter of Jean W. Sawyer – an elementary school teacher – and Erbon Powers "Tom" Sawyer, a judge.[1] Soon after her birth, her family moved to Louisville, Kentucky..."

They didn't move to Louisville...soon after her birth, they lived there until she was in high school...maybe even later. I don't know why this is misrepresented by her, even in wiki. Glasgow is a nice little town actually.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:01 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,803,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
They didn't move to Louisville...soon after her birth, they lived there until she was in high school...maybe even later. I don't know why this is misrepresented by her, even in wiki. Glasgow is a nice little town actually.
The Kentucky Encyclopedia - John E. Kleber - Google Books

I somehow doubt there is a worldwide web conspiracy to cover up how long Diane Sawyer lived in Glasgow. Every source I see says she was born in Glasgow and moved to Louisville as a young child. She graduated from Seneca High School, had her first broadcasting job in Louisville, her dad was Jefferson Co judge executive, a park (EP "Tom" Sawyer) park is named after her... I think that constitutes being from there. I don't think she is denying her roots, her formative years were spent in Louisville. I was born in NY, but moved to KY when I was very young. I don't remember living in NY. When people ask me where I'm from, I don't say NY, I say KY.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:52 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
Right now Turtle Man is the most famous Kentuckian.

Turtle Man "LiveAction" - YouTube

Old 06-07-2012, 12:28 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Kinda scarey, isn't it, census? lol

Old 06-08-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Right now Turtle Man is the most famous Kentuckian.

Turtle Man "LiveAction" - YouTube

lol...oh, my that should fuel the stereotypes for years to come.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:13 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,873,875 times
Don't forget these guys

The Moron Brothers - YouTube

Old 06-09-2012, 02:11 PM

1,774 posts, read 3,794,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
She also pretended not to know what country ham was on GMA once when Emeril was on.
Good Lord, really? That's disappointing.

btw...I looked for a you tube of the segment and couldn't find one, but I did get what appears to be a good recipe for Emeril's chicken and sausage jambalaya with country ham. lol

Country ham will be the new en vogue food someday. Sort of like kale is now. I laugh when people start explaining kale to me. I guess they're thinking my middle-aged self isn't cool enough to know about it. ha Yeah, I know what it is, how it tastes, and how to cook it. I've been doing that all my life. It is they who just discovered it.

btw, I was at one of the hipster restaurants in Austin a few weeks ago and noticed they make a club sandwich with country ham (you don't find that here). When I remarked about it, the waiter started explaining what country ham is and how it's different in taste than other hams. I told him I knew all about it and the other hams were called "city" hams.

So, be proud of your roots. Whatever they are, it will someday be in fashion.

Last edited by capcat; 06-09-2012 at 02:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky