Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 05:15 PM

295 posts, read 973,882 times

Advertisements

I haven't went but I have had plenty of family and friends that have and none were impressed with it. Based on what they have said, we will probably never visit it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 02:19 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,568,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
A link is not necessary; Most Kentuckians should know about the Creation Museum.
If you have been there, what were your impressions and experiences? Did it solidify your faith? Do you feel more informed about life's origins?
Were you glad you went and would you recommend others to visit?
Never been there, why do you ask?

Maybe because you're a troll?

Old 09-27-2010, 03:53 PM

84 posts, read 291,232 times
I went there and thought it was very well done. I am a Christian and, even though my faith was already solidified, it was good to see everything I believed in in physical form.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:48 PM

298 posts, read 595,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
I am a very devout Christian. My faith is absolute but totally without understanding of the Hope of Christ.

That being said, what difference does it make if God made the earth, solar system, and all matter 5minutes, 5000 years, or 50,000,000,000 years ago? If I believe in God, it doesn't matter and that is what is wrong with RELIGION. Religion tries to make issues out of non-issue matters.

I visited the Creation Museum this past summer and I wish I had my money back. The museum was a joke, but the garden was very well done.
Sounds like you need to open your Bible and study it, not just read it, then you will understand and not have to take anyone's word for it.

I never been to the Museum I just don't feel the need to.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:37 PM

314 posts, read 639,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
I am a very devout Christian. My faith is absolute but totally without understanding of the Hope of Christ.

That being said, what difference does it make if God made the earth, solar system, and all matter 5minutes, 5000 years, or 50,000,000,000 years ago? .

This.

How long is a 'day' to God, a being that is everywhere at once and has been around since before time existed as we know it? Do we really have to believe that God was speaking in astro-physical specifics when He was laying it all down to people who were extraordinarily primitive (at least by His standards). Or is it likely He was just speaking in analogy, like He and His messengers often did when they were trying to convey a complex message.

When your 4 year old asks where babies come from, do you launch a two hour explanation of meiosis and the mechanics behind DNA replication?

Old 10-05-2010, 07:01 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
If I want to see how the world was created I will visit a science museum. If I want to see what is tearing the world apart I will visit a religious museum.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:13 AM

44,348 posts, read 20,047,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
If I want to see how the world was created I will visit a science museum. If I want to see what is tearing the world apart I will visit a religious museum.
Good point, Captain.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:22 AM

182 posts, read 298,773 times
Maybe they should have put this museum right next to the Jefferson Davis Monument so they could explain how everyone apparently wasnt "created" equal!!

Old 10-11-2010, 08:02 AM

844 posts, read 2,100,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
If I want to see how the world was created I will visit a science museum.
Science museums are good for a laugh Science is always changing "fact" based upon who is donating the most money to their pockets

Scientists used to say that men & dinosaurs never lived together, but recently they have changed their minds!!!

Scientists used to say smoking caused Alzheimer's, but now they say it can prevent it

Etc, etc, etc...

Old 10-11-2010, 10:27 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,486,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Feathers View Post
Science museums are good for a laugh Science is always changing "fact" based upon who is donating the most money to their pockets

Scientists used to say that men & dinosaurs never lived together, but recently they have changed their minds!!!

Scientists used to say smoking caused Alzheimer's, but now they say it can prevent it

Etc, etc, etc...
OK, fine. But I bet we'll still see you in a medical clinic for an operation, or at your Dr's office getting treatment for the flu, getting antibiotics for an infection, etc, taking advantage of that there "devil science".

Maybe next time you should try praying all that stuff better & see how far that gets you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky