Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 02:05 PM

1,060 posts, read 1,557,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
Right, just like Lottery proceeds were to be used for education..

In a state government loaded with crooks, they do as they please, and have all sorts of ploys they use to spend the money as they see fit..
It's now in the Illinois Constitution that funds for transportation must be used for transportation. The Constitution. Not some politician's vague promise or forecast. I guarantee the construction unions and trade associations already have attorneys on retainer just waiting to drop lawsuits left and right the second they sense any fund diversions.

I didn't vote for JB, and I'll vote no on the Fair Tax amendment..but the transportation bill is something I can get behind. It's expensive to maintain infrastructure and the gas tax hasn't changed since 1990. The percent of IL road/rail/bridges in "fair" condition is dropping every year. Everyone complains about the condition of the roads but nobody wants to pay to fix them. Something had to give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 02:54 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,916,695 times
maybe if they would take the millions in Tollway proceeds, for toll roads that were PROMISED to be free once paid for, and used all THAT "misappropriated" money towards fixing the remaining toll free roads, it might help ease the pain of the giant gas tax increase..
the constitution also says there has to be a balanced budget..when is THAT going to happen?

news flash...Illinois Politicians routinely ignore the law...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois