Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 08:55 PM

572 posts, read 2,486,771 times

Advertisements

Rockford to me is one of the worst places i have been to. I only lasted 3 years there i was a sales rep there so i saw the entire city.The thing that stands out the most is it is a First of the month city that means that its seems like 50% of people are on welfare there.Ive never seen a place become so busy for the first 3 days of any given month. It also seems to have very bad roads and very very high properety taxes i was paying $4000 a year on a home value of $140,000
And why is it that you had to pay to use an interstate that was in bad shape? As soon as you cross the broder to wisconsin the I 39 was very nice to drive on and no tolls either.And whats with all of the Stop lights which i will call RED lights.It seemed like every single intersection had a Red light.
I moved away and have no desire to ever return. They took enough of my money. One more thing winter is coming so make sure they put down alot of salt on the roads when it even shows any sign of snow.
Attached Thumbnails
Rockford is horrible-snow.jpg  

Old 09-22-2007, 09:12 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Thank you, and have a nice day.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:14 PM

Glad i could help Trust me your days will be better if you do not have go there mine sure are.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:01 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times
Now, how did you expect Rockford to pay for all those traffic lights and salt?

I guess spending subsistence money early in the month is preferable to raising money towards the end of the month through increased traffic fines. The former helps the economy and the latter just irks folks.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:22 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
If his/her user name is any indication of the city he/she now lives in (Lake Havasu City, Arizona), then I have to say that I wonder why they bash Rockford. I found LHC a far worse city than Rockford, and I cannot stand Rockford, so that should give you an indication how bad LHC is. LHC is a disgustingly hot, brown, boring city with the London Bridge thrown in to give it some "charm".

Old 09-23-2007, 11:32 AM

Steve O!! I could of not said it any better. So please live up to your feelings and stay out of Lake Havasu, its time to thin the heard here. We want our little town back. Please do what ever you can to make Rockford grow into a great place. This way everyone will stay there. The place just isnt for me although it might be for you, kind of like the desert which is for me but not you.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:45 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havasu View Post
Steve O!! I could of not said it any better. So please live up to your feelings and stay out of Lake Havasu, its time to thin the heard here. We want our little town back. Please do what ever you can to make Rockford grow into a great place. This way everyone will stay there. The place just isnt for me although it might be for you, kind of like the desert which is for me but not you.
I like the Sonoran Desert! The only problem is that the towns in the desert are amongst the suckiest in this country. Sure there are a few select cities that are nice, but on average desert towns are subpar, and LHC was one of those IMO. I dont live there or ever would, so Im not sure why you want me to "leave". I wouldnt be dumb enough to live there in the first place.

Also, Rockford is improving at a nice pace. Last time I was there I was mildly impressed.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:53 AM

I hope the best for Rockford. I thought that the new mayor could change it for the better but in my eyes it stayed the same as it was 20 years ago. I guess it boils down to this what bothers others does not bother me and what bothers me does not bother others. The topics in my first post bother me the most about the place

Old 09-23-2007, 12:09 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,617,005 times
I agree with you that Rockford is not the best place to live,,it took alot less then 3 years for me to know that,,I drove thru.....I also agree with Steve about Lake Havasu,,,,,so I guess your both right

Old 09-23-2007, 03:44 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,205,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havasu View Post
Rockford to me is one of the worst places i have been to. I only lasted 3 years there i was a sales rep there so i saw the entire city.The thing that stands out the most is it is a First of the month city that means that its seems like 50% of people are on welfare there.Ive never seen a place become so busy for the first 3 days of any given month. It also seems to have very bad roads and very very high properety taxes i was paying $4000 a year on a home value of $140,000
And why is it that you had to pay to use an interstate that was in bad shape? As soon as you cross the broder to wisconsin the I 39 was very nice to drive on and no tolls either.And whats with all of the Stop lights which i will call RED lights.It seemed like every single intersection had a Red light.
I moved away and have no desire to ever return. They took enough of my money. One more thing winter is coming so make sure they put down alot of salt on the roads when it even shows any sign of snow.
I'll never understand why stupid people post random thoughts on here with no rational topic or question, just pointless opinions. I'll further never understand why the mods of this forum can't delete these meaningless threads as soon as they're posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois