Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 02:22 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,792 posts, read 4,159,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I'll never understand why stupid people post random thoughts on here with no rational topic or question, just pointless opinions. I'll further never understand why the mods of this forum can't delete these meaningless threads as soon as they're posted.
And why is the poster stupid? Just because you don't like what he says?
This is an Illinois forum. Rockford is a city in Illinois. The poster has strong opinions about Rockford. If you don't agree, too bad. It is not an off-topic post (the topic *is* cities in Illinois), and I don't think the mods here are into stifling free speech.
You calling people "stupid" is worse than anything the original poster said.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:57 PM

56 posts, read 266,964 times
I have to agree that Rockford is not the best place to live,the roads are the worst I have ever been on. The property tax rate is out of control. I see lots of sad faces, why do people not smile in this town? It might be due to people very unhappy with the way the place is run. To me the cost of living is very high compared to other parts of USA.
There must be better places. I will be moving away soon from the area,where though? im not sure yet. It might be time for another dart throw. This time I am keeping my eyes open when I throw the dart at the USA map. Any ideas??
Please make it stop snowing its MARCH!!

Old 03-03-2008, 08:26 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,265,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcantSELLmyHouse View Post
I have to agree that Rockford is not the best place to live,the roads are the worst I have ever been on. The property tax rate is out of control. I see lots of sad faces, why do people not smile in this town? It might be due to people very unhappy with the way the place is run. To me the cost of living is very high compared to other parts of USA.
There must be better places. I will be moving away soon from the area,where though? im not sure yet. It might be time for another dart throw. This time I am keeping my eyes open when I throw the dart at the USA map. Any ideas??
Please make it stop snowing its MARCH!!
Unless the snow is a deal-breaker, I'd look a little north to Madison. Go hang out up there for a weekend. It's amazing what a difference 50 miles can make in terms of people's happiness and a town's outlook and prospects. If I had to live in Rockford, I'd be spending a whole lot of my free time up in Madison.

Old 03-07-2008, 03:10 AM

1 posts, read 4,226 times
Well goodness this place doesn't sound so great!! i plan on moving there this summer... crime and the rest of the stuff sounds frightening.. racism..

i'm a muslim woman covering.. what am i suppose to do!?

Old 03-07-2008, 11:30 AM

13 posts, read 61,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ummkarimah View Post
Well goodness this place doesn't sound so great!! i plan on moving there this summer... crime and the rest of the stuff sounds frightening.. racism..

I have seen several muslim women here. Just be alert.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:10 AM

62 posts, read 300,110 times
Must have been a BAD salesman. Go out and sell more Kirby Vaccums.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:10 PM

140 posts, read 563,037 times
Rockford does have it's good areas. Cherry Valley in particular. Also, we head up to Rockford for shopping every weekend. I haven't thought of Rockford as terrible. Rockford, I believe, has a declining city population, but the suburbs are rapidly expanding (Roscoe, Machesney, Winnebago/Pecatonica, and especially Byron.) Rockford does have it's problems with crime (especially downtown.)

Old 03-29-2008, 08:55 AM

572 posts, read 2,487,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgleCo View Post
Rockford does have it's good areas. Cherry Valley in particular. Also, we head up to Rockford for shopping every weekend. I haven't thought of Rockford as terrible. Rockford, I believe, has a declining city population, but the suburbs are rapidly expanding (Roscoe, Machesney, Winnebago/Pecatonica, and especially Byron.) Rockford does have it's problems with crime (especially downtown.)
I think every place has its good areas but Rockford has alot more bad areas then good areas. Im sure Rockford is the same as it always has been. It will never ever change. Your roads are in very bad shape for this to be going on. Read ----> Potholes take toll on pocketbooks - Rockford, IL - Rockford Register Star

Old 03-31-2008, 02:25 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,648,338 times
To be perfectly fair Chicago is in the exact same boat: abc7chicago.com: Drivers file claims for pothole damages 3/28/08

Old 04-08-2008, 07:32 PM

572 posts, read 2,487,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ummkarimah View Post

I would pick a different place to move to.Consider Wisconsin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois