Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 03:10 PM

64 posts, read 261,478 times

Advertisements

I'm in CDA and can't wait to get out. Traffic jams, sirens, gang bangers, strip malls, nasty looking ghetto homes, loud rap music blaring in the downtown bars. This place has been completely Californicated. What a shame. Heading to Moscow soon and can't wait to get out of this place.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:36 PM

464 posts, read 1,111,261 times
Don't blame all Californians. Blame the local government there for selling out for a higher tax base. :P

Old 04-16-2010, 05:53 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,104,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebigs View Post
I'm in CDA and can't wait to get out. Traffic jams, sirens, gang bangers, strip malls, nasty looking ghetto homes, loud rap music blaring in the downtown bars. This place has been completely Californicated. What a shame. Heading to Moscow soon and can't wait to get out of this place.
I thought the freezing temps during the winter would chase most of those types out of there.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:09 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,439,361 times
WHATEVER... I was just there today and I saw none of that.. Yeah its spring break so there are alot of people from out of town here, but nothing like your making it out.. I've heard plenty of loud music pouring out of bars in Moscow too.. Drunk college kids raising hell etc...

You OBVIOUSLY have never lived in Cali..

Old 04-16-2010, 11:34 PM

64 posts, read 261,478 times
I grew up in Cali. CDA has check cashing stores, Tattoo stores, boarded up stores, rude pushy drivers...felt like Cali to me. The lakes are nice but I can't tolerate the crowds and filth.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:22 AM

2,223 posts, read 3,875,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
WHATEVER... I was just there today and I saw none of that.. Yeah its spring break so there are alot of people from out of town here, but nothing like your making it out.. I've heard plenty of loud music pouring out of bars in Moscow too.. Drunk college kids raising hell etc...

You OBVIOUSLY have never lived in Cali..
Take it easy Trace. UncleBigs is allowed to have an opinion that differs from yours. I've seen all he mentioned (minus gangbangers) in CDA. Not a lot of each, but some. Everybody has different tastes.

If you really want drunk college students you don't go to Moscow. You go to Pullman...

Old 04-17-2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebigs View Post
I grew up in Cali. CDA has check cashing stores, Tattoo stores, boarded up stores, rude pushy drivers...felt like Cali to me. The lakes are nice but I can't tolerate the crowds and filth.
What part of Cali did you grow up in? "Tattoo Stores"? Boarded up stores? PUSHY drivers?? Just today I had NO LESS than 4 drivers let me onto the road and WAITED to let me in(downtown CdA)...... THAT would happen ZERO times where Im from, and Im from a pretty rural area... I havent seen ANY boarded up stores (cept one building supply place Home Depot took over), in fact new business is sprouting up all over...( I LOVED the new Texas Roadhouse)!!!! New Super Wal Mart is about done too!

I think what YOU call "filth" are just people making thier way.... MAYBE people like YOU are why N. Idaho has the reputation for racism which to ME and where I come from is laughable.... I come from a place that has REAL racism.. AND that is in So Cal....

You and Keim can say what you want, its a free country but I see a different story, and MANY here will back me up....

I will say one thing for you.... It feeds the BS about N. Idaho, and in the grand scheme of things Yeah MAYBE it keeps people away... Hell MAYBE I should get on board with you guys!!!... I DO NOT want to see this place turn into Cali.!!!! But Im not gonna lie about it to make sure that happens...

ANYONE reading this thread DO NOT take this ONE persons view of things as valid... COme and see it for yourself and make your own judgement..

IF THIS is paradise destroyed, then I will waller in destruction like a pig in mud.....

Last edited by Trace_Rinaldi; 04-17-2010 at 02:35 AM..

Old 04-17-2010, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
Take it easy Trace. UncleBigs is allowed to have an opinion that differs from yours. I've seen all he mentioned (minus gangbangers) in CDA. Not a lot of each, but some. Everybody has different tastes.

If you really want drunk college students you don't go to Moscow. You go to Pullman...
Uhhh Im EZ breazy my friend.... Im not looking for a drunken college kid competition.... I dont care where you go that has a college your gonna see drunk college kids... CdA is no different... Being a resort town its ALSO gonna see its share of people from OTHER places that like to stink it up a bit... Can you argue that point seriously?

I can have an opinion too right? If not just let me know....

Old 04-17-2010, 02:23 AM

BTW Unc... Lets see some pics of those nasty Ghetto homes....HAHAHAHA.... AND yeah there are a few Tat shops... SO WHAT? whats wrong with a little ink? Does that make a city bad in your opinion?

Tattoo's have been done for a good LONG time... If your looking for a town without a tattoo shop your looking for a spot in the North Pole I suppose... The guy that does my Ink had a shop in Pullman... How do you feel about being so close to a place that does such evil works??...LOL...

Last edited by Trace_Rinaldi; 04-17-2010 at 02:45 AM..

Old 04-17-2010, 04:02 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,837,332 times
Trace, no need to blast the guy with both barrels just because his reality is different than yours (and mine, btw). And yes, you pretty much went on a rant here. Time to to chill...

I stay north of I-90 almost all the time unless I'm going to Riverstone for a movie (just rarely have reason to go further down), and I would say my experience is more like Trace's anecdotal experiences with reasonably polite people.

Now, I'm a paranoid retired gang cop and I have YET to see a black or hispanic banger in CDA. But I have also noticed that in certain areas south of I-90 there are white guys who look like bangers (or tweakers at least). I'm thinking Unc needs to change the places he hangs out and CDA will start looking a lot more sedate.

We need people like Unc to keep it up though and keep more folks from moving here...did I mention how awkward it is to have to snuggle with nazi skinheads for warmth in the dead of winter when it's -50F here and people haven't seen the sun in 2 years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho