Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 07:57 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,999,002 times

Advertisements

Sage of Sagle wrote:
Do you live in Coeur d'Alene, or where in Idaho do you live where you're experiencing this behavior?
I don't think heymon has ever been to Idaho! Based on the spelling in the post, I don't think heymon even lives in the US or any other English speaking country. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

Old 05-06-2010, 09:59 AM

161 posts, read 396,544 times
Wierd. When my family and I were standing at a cross street w/o a light, the cars stopped to let us cross. It actually surprised us. Down here in So Cal, it's like that frog crossing game. People scowling while you try to cross with your kids hanging onto your hands for dear life.

Also, people in the CDA area actually let you merge on to the freeway...wierd hehe

Last edited by jjkmd; 05-06-2010 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: didn't know frog crossing game was bad word

Old 05-06-2010, 10:00 AM

27 posts, read 93,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heymon View Post
I find idahos actually can be worse then california i was just in the bay area and go every 3 to 4 mos for buiness and people are fairly miserable in idaho i noticed if you dont do exactly whet they want at a green light their waving their hands and honking their horns like their in a rush to meet the president , why cant people just friggin relax and relize your just an average joe from where ever and show respet to others it doenst matter where you go the raps there to stay the thumper tunes strip malles and idiots from hell on the road but i can get in the slow lane in cali and have noone waving and honking like a nut for no reason at all or flipping you off for no reason and if i wanna hall balls go in the fast lane ive never ahd it happen in la or san fran maybe their more tolernat of people there i dont know but i find idahos driver rude and miserble
Good Lord! Spelling, punctuation, capitalization? Most of us on here aren't exactly scholars, especially myself, but please try to do something, maybe a period here and there at random or something. I am out of breath. Mike

Old 05-06-2010, 10:17 AM

2,223 posts, read 3,876,540 times
Certainly not what I have experienced.

Why do I feel I need an urban dictionary translator to read heymons writing?

I guess Heymon ran into our states dozen or so intolernat, miserble buiness people waving their hands and listening to their raps as they hall balls on their way to the malles to meet the president and show their respet.

Hey-that conjures quite the funny image!

Old 05-06-2010, 12:30 PM

464 posts, read 1,111,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkmd View Post
Wierd. When my family and I were standing at a cross street w/o a light, the cars stopped to let us cross. It actually surprised us. Down here in So Cal, it's like that frog crossing game. People scowling while you try to cross with your kids hanging onto your hands for dear life.

Also, people in the CDA area actually let you merge on to the freeway...wierd hehe
Every day on my way home from work, I exit the US 50 at Sunrise Blvd. I need to turn right, there are two right turn lanes.

Traffic is always heavy. We wait, light takes forever. It turns green, but cars on Sunrise Blvd already, run the yellow light to back up traffic half way through the intersection - so no cars can turn right, nor turn left.

The offramp light is only green for a fraction of the time it is red, so maybe one...maybe two cars get to turn right or left. We wait....I hate...

btw, anyone else catch the headline down in So Cal yesterday? Several students were threatened with suspension and forced to turn their T-shirts inside out because they were offensive. What was on the T-Shirt? The American Flag and a "Proud to be American" slogan..the crime? It was Cinco De Mayo and the students were offending the "Mexican-American" students. One student even said it was disrespectful to her culture....can you believe that? I'm off topic...just flabbergasted.

That has removed all doubt - as if there were any - of me staying in California one second longer than I must....

Hooked on phonics worked for me!

Old 05-06-2010, 03:45 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,471 times
"Most of us on here aren't exactly scholars, especially myself, but please try to do something, maybe a period here and there at random or something."

Hey Commiefornia I take offense. I truly am a scholar it is my fingers that let me down. You believe that and I knnow of a big bridge for sale for you. Hehehe

SacTown I know that intersection well. Broke down there once just past where Kmart used to be and had to walk home. Left my truck in the parking lot. Was bummed. Address used to be 7525 Heather Road. Between Sunrise and Fair Oaks Blvd and Sunset and Winding way.Do not think there was a right in that intersection back then. That section on Sunrise was new back then.25 years ago.

Keim you need the decoder ring.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:38 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,471 times
SacTown it seems to me there was a little school on winding way maybe half a mile off of Sunrise on the left, that would be turning off Sunrise to the right towards old town FO) Just past what used to be the little old town of Fair Oaks. Been so many years it is fuzzy in my brain. I worked up on Illinois for a veterinarian that used to live there. He moved to Colfax in 85.I drive that way every day.

I have not been back to the area since I left in 86 from Newcastle other than a cannon ball run to pick up a bobcat. Were in and out of there and on the way home within hours of arriving.

Chris

Old 05-06-2010, 07:04 PM

382 posts, read 1,033,195 times
You know Sacramento used to be a really cool town in the nineties. People would wave you threw traffic and be polite. I wonder what happened? I never had a problem with traffic there. I would venture to say that when we cram another 100,000 or so people into the Cda area we will look the same as any other city. Sacramento needed to get a train or subway system going and that would have helped a lot of the traffic there. I see people here driving suvs all alone all around town all day long now. Driving on government way used to be 10 min ride from Hayden to Cda not it takes over a half hour. It ruined my lunches at the cda beach....

Old 05-06-2010, 09:19 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,839,717 times
This thread is done. It ceased to be constructive some time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho