Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 03:20 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,987,137 times

Advertisements

I actually know how some of you feel. The place were I grew up in Cal is not the same either. This is because of the influx of illegals and people that have come from different states to live there. Not everybody living in Cal is from there. Cal use to be more open land and less people. I can go on and on how different it is now, but it doesn`t matter because "it is what it is."
The place were I live now has experienced growth and I hate it. Too many people and this place use to be a friendlier town but now because of a lot of big city people coming in, it`s changed. More rudeness and traffic,etc. I miss the smaller town feel that it use to be. But there is nothing that you can do about it(by the way, most people who are moving here are not from Cal). So really, it`s not just people from Cal moving to different states but people from other states moving into smaller towns also.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:34 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,987,137 times
Oh ya, and I didn`t grow up in a huge town in Cal. And, how have the native cal ruined their state.They were already there before tons of non-natives started coming in illegaly and from other states. Like I said, it use to be nice before the infulx of people from other places.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:36 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,882,237 times
Boy has this thread moved off from the original topic of how CDA is growing...

Old 04-17-2010, 03:49 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,443,919 times
Sorry Sage I did jump up on my soap box there a bit...

This thread really has drifted but since its turned into a Californians are coming to Idaho and screwing it up and overpopulating it keep this in mind.. The city of Los Angeles alone has over 4 million people (and that doesnt count most of the illegals)LA county has over 10 million... The WHOLE state of Idaho has 1.5 million people.. CdA has 34,000 people... Kinda hard to compare the two on the numbers alone... Just something to think about.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:26 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,368,940 times
You have to admit the new highrises built are pretty attractive and create a unique skyline with the lake and mountains, a few more towers would be great for the skyline too. I am a native of Idaho, so don't come after me for my opinion

Come on know, I was in CD'A last year and it is still one of the most attractive cities around and in one of the most beautiful settings anywhere in America.

If there is anything negative happening in CD'A it has to be the fact the city is so close to nasty, blighted Spokane. Spokane's filth is possibly spilling across the state line into Idaho.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:38 PM

382 posts, read 1,034,673 times
Sure it is. It's like trying to put an extra 12,000 sardines into a box that only fits a dozen. The city of Cda is getting filled up. They will only have one option in the future and that is to move into the national forest which is just behind town. Potlatch hill used to be where I would go and hike as a kid. Now it is full of houses. Also best hill was available to hike and walk onto. Since the prices of property keeps climbing in the city of cda towns like Rathdrum and Post Falls are booming with subdivisions now. Most of the farm land is now waiting to be either sold off or waiting for the houses to go in.

I really have to find my fathers slides from back in the seventies on this place when I was a kid. It was wide open spaces and you could see in every direction when you were on the prairie. The smell of the wheat fields in the morning changing sprinkler pipes is something I will never forget. And riding my bmx bike down to swim in the spokane river I would pass the saw mill and the sweet smell of ceders would fill the air. And then you could smell the fir trees lingering as you rode past. It's all gone all of it. No dirt roads no oiled dirt roads. No cheap rent. No local boy charm. It has left us and it seems as if no one wants it to return. And those that wish for it are seen as throw backs. Or just plain worthless and ignored.

I know it's not fair that others have suffered this same fate. And it is only going too get worse for sure. It's human nature to ignore who you are and to blame others for what you have become. The real question is who are you? Are you a country boy at heart? Do you accept those that others may not accept. Is that why your here? Because 20 years ago that's all there was here. Now we have a city full of city folks. I know of some real nice places around here that a person could get lost. There are places here that are not touched yet and they could survive if the people who live there make it happen. It will take the new comers to understand and protect the environment of the town. The growth of Cda has been planned out for a very long time. The local regular guy has been on the outs in this town for years.

Old 04-17-2010, 05:07 PM

64 posts, read 261,725 times
ejay...my last night in Coeur d'Alene. Where's the best place for a 47 yr. old guy to have a couple of beers and listen to some good live music. I don't want to be in the downtown noise zone. I'd like something kick back. More of a locals place. Any recs?

Old 04-17-2010, 05:07 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,680,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
You have to admit the new highrises built are pretty attractive and create a unique skyline with the lake and mountains, a few more towers would be great for the skyline too. I am a native of Idaho, so don't come after me for my opinion

Come on know, I was in CD'A last year and it is still one of the most attractive cities around and in one of the most beautiful settings anywhere in America.

If there is anything negative happening in CD'A it has to be the fact the city is so close to nasty, blighted Spokane. Spokane's filth is possibly spilling across the state line into Idaho.
Nasty, blighted Spokane? Spokane's filth? Please. Tell me how Spokane is nasty or blighted. You have obviously not been to many places that meet this definition in the midwest or south.

You should be happy Spokane is nearby. Even though you are in Boise, my question would be more general for CDA'ers. Such as, I suppose you have never used its airport, or ever shopped at its department stores. Or watched or listened to their media, which cover your town. Or, on the Idaho side, ever taken in their tourist dollars. Give Spokane a break.

Old 04-17-2010, 05:29 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,368,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Nasty, blighted Spokane? Spokane's filth? Please. Tell me how Spokane is nasty or blighted. You have obviously not been to many places that meet this definition in the midwest or south.
No need to derail the thread just because I stated an opinion and I don't need to go into details about my opinion because it would be a long post, I know Spokane well. And oh yeah, I have been to the rust belt and the south, but I am not comparing Spokane to them, but rather to the rest of the Northwest and even the Rocky Mountain states. Spokane has a lot of potential, it has the bones just not the skin.

Coeur D'Alene is the queen up in that area of the Northwest and always will be.

Old 04-17-2010, 05:47 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,680,034 times
Not derailing...YOU mentioned Spokane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho