Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 07:55 AM

73 posts, read 248,889 times

Advertisements

ptin2010 - Have you considered contacting any prosecutor's office and asking to interview them, or one of the many Idaho associations or organized groups of prosecutors who surely must exist? I think you're going to bang your head against the wall here b/c you want such specific information, which I personally think half the time winds up being relative to the case and offender and victim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 11:29 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,527,388 times
I've found Prosecutor Dane Watkins in Bonneville County/Idaho Falls to be very responsive, if I were you I would call and ask him, or send him an email. I had concerns around similar issues prior to moving here and he got back to me within an hour and answered all of my questions.

I gotta ask, why did you use quotes below? That makes me a tiny bit uneasy...am I missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptin2010 View Post
Sage:

What I am looking for:
1. If you plead guilty to this "crime" then you have to register as a sex offender.
2. If you have to register as a sex offender then you have to stay on the registry for x amount of years.
3. What are the minimum requirements to have to register as a sex offender?
4. How many years do you have to stay on the registry for specific crimes?

I think that this information is available somewhere. I just do not know how/where to access it. A lot of people have stated that Idaho is HARD on sex offenders. I believe that they believe this. I just want to know why they believe this. I am just looking for evidence to back it up.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:18 AM

115 posts, read 319,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
I've found Prosecutor Dane Watkins in Bonneville County/Idaho Falls to be very responsive, if I were you I would call and ask him, or send him an email. I had concerns around similar issues prior to moving here and he got back to me within an hour and answered all of my questions.

I gotta ask, why did you use quotes below? That makes me a tiny bit uneasy...am I missing something?
Thank you for this information. I am not trying to say that sex offenses are not crimes. I did not want to list each and every sex offense separately so I used the quotation marks to lump them all together. For example, if you plead guilty to crime/offense A versus crime/offense B versus crime/offense C and so on. Sorry if I misused them.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:59 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,527,388 times
Let us know what you find out!

Old 09-21-2009, 09:42 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,498,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Some of the things that are considered registerable offenses are "crimes", quotes as intended. Some places consider childish pranks such as mooning or streaking to be registerable sexual offenses. I figured that was what the quotes referred to.

For what the OP was trying to say, I think it would have made more sense to quote as "this crime" or "crime X"

Old 04-08-2010, 01:08 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,846,422 times
In a nutshell....

One poster alleges ongoing abuse is tolerated and tacit approval exists in Idaho towns like St. Maries. Others disagree. Conversation went down hill, and that's about the long and short of it.

Folks, this is sort of like trolling, even if this person's allegations are true. Better to report it and let me handle it once it starts going sideways.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:19 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,846,422 times
Folks, this thread is about sex offenders in Idaho. NOT a place for speculation, wildly general claims, or personal crusades. This is also NOT the Relationships or P&OC forum, so if you're going to talk about this sensitive subject, step up the level of polite discourse or I'll be taking direct actions toward your posting privileges.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:33 AM

382 posts, read 1,034,186 times
Please do. I find it offensive that people jump on a person and attack them for warning others about their experience and if I get banned for defending another person who gets attacked so be it.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:36 AM

13 posts, read 18,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay View Post
Please do. I find it offensive that people jump on a person and attack them for warning others about their experience and if I get banned for defending another person who gets attacked so be it.
Thankyou!

Old 04-08-2010, 09:36 AM

464 posts, read 1,112,140 times
Ok.

I had no problem with the apparent victims warning of abuse - it was the massive generalizations of all Idahoans("white males" specifically) that got me up in arms. In any case, I apologize for offending anyone. I let my emotions get the better of me.

<sigh>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho