Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2024, 04:54 PM

143 posts, read 407,405 times

Advertisements

I have to ask.

I'm from Spokane. CDA used to be such a great little town. I drove though it many times, stop by at places, always was looking forward to it, seemed like a major step up from Spokane.

Last year after a covid pause we went there for a day... so many rude, inconsiderate people. Everyone drives like a psycho. Everyone seems angry,unfriendly, cutting off in traffic, speeding, tailgaiting...

I thought maybe it was just one day.

Went back the other day. Same thing, even worse. Traffic is full of people clearly off their meds. In stores everyone is angry. Went to a crafts store to get a few things, the clerks where all kind of snappy, tried to be polite and helpful but still snappy. The cashier lady looked so miserable, she seemed like she contemplated to end her life after her shift.

Some entitled middle age lady came and bitched how she got a ticket and "stepped out for 15 seconds" (uhmm, I was there for like 5 minutes and didn't see her anywhere near) and her ticket expired. Some old lady telling other customer "take a ticket" when the other customer was holding it in their hand.

Oh my God.

What the heck happened to this wonderful town? Where all these cultureless apes came from? I haven't seen this time of people before in CDA. I used to feel like I'm coming into a "premium" town, now I see it as a complete dump and can't wait to get the hell outta there. Coming back to Spokane feels like coming back into civilization. Never thought I'd say something like this.

I go to Seattle often, but even Seattle feels way nicer. People there are cold and detached in their demeanor but not obviously, aggressively rude like in CDA. Today I was in traffic (in Spokane) and some Subaru was cutting in and out of traffic like running from police. Checked the plates when he cut in front of me. Idaho. Makes sense.

So sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2024, 07:45 PM

561 posts, read 441,906 times
Transplants from a certain pacific coastal area. You are correct, the drivers are atrocious and reminds me of drivers from LA, Denver and Chicago. I avoid CDA if at all possible because of this exact reason. It's too bad Costco is located there and is our only big box option with where I'm at. It's a damn shame because it's a nice little town.

I will say though the drivers seem to get worse the further down the "xB" Idaho license plate. For example in my neck of the woods "9B" plate owners seem to be reasonable and starting with "7B" and "6B" the drivers start to get increasingly aggressive.

Old 02-06-2024, 09:31 PM

3,206 posts, read 2,496,273 times
It has happened to Bellingham, also. Too many transplants from all over turning our purple area to blue. More homeless, more crime and belligerent behavior.

Old 02-06-2024, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
It has happened to Bellingham, also. Too many transplants from all over turning our purple area to blue. More homeless, more crime and belligerent behavior.
That's a bummer. Seems to be a continued trend... Flee garbage and move somewhere scenic and nice then bring their baggage with them turning that new area into what they escaped from. But I digress. LOL

Old 02-06-2024, 10:34 PM

3,206 posts, read 2,496,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Torgue View Post
That's a bummer. Seems to be a continued trend... Flee garbage and move somewhere scenic and nice then bring their baggage with them turning that new area into what they escaped from. But I digress. LOL
During the last election, a candidate stated that he wanted to turn our county from purple to blue. He succeeded by winning and now our county council is decidedly more liberal. The conservative candidate was a life long resident, very well spoken, was not a fringe member of the right and still lost. She is a local whose family has been in this county for over 100 years; he moved here in 2019. The sad truth is that Bellingham, like Seattle, decides who the winners are in their respective counties.

Old 02-07-2024, 08:39 AM

Quote:
During the last election, a candidate stated that he wanted to turn our county from purple to blue. He succeeded by winning and now our county council is decidedly more liberal. The conservative candidate was a life long resident, very well spoken, was not a fringe member of the right and still lost. She is a local whose family has been in this county for over 100 years; he moved here in 2019. The sad truth is that Bellingham, like Seattle, decides who the winners are in their respective counties.
That is appalling but unfortunately not uncommon in various areas west of the Mississippi. More evidence the country is headed in the wrong direction.

Old 02-07-2024, 10:49 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,769 posts, read 58,209,379 times
A nice, desireable town, on an Interstate is subject to much change +/-.

Look at once sleepy Post Falls

Missoula is what CDA might become.

( grew up in Estes Park, and Breckenridge Colorado and in Jackson WY (long before the movie stars arrived)).

What used to be a short seasonal zoo (~8 weeks), is now FT craziness and totally unaffordable (but also undesireable as well).

Old 02-07-2024, 11:08 AM

31 posts, read 13,520 times
Quote:
It has happened to Bellingham, also. Too many transplants from all over turning our purple area to blue.
Quote:
That's a bummer. Seems to be a continued trend... Flee garbage and move somewhere scenic and nice then bring their baggage with them turning that new area into what they escaped from.....
Quote:
Transplants from a certain pacific coastal area.....
I don't know about Bellingham or Spokane, but:
"With almost 30,000 California expatriates leading the charge, the number of Republican voters moving from other states to Idaho dwarfs the number of Democrats moving here from other states." -- source: Voter registration data shows California Republicans – not liberals – are flocking to Idaho

Old 02-07-2024, 02:29 PM

17,846 posts, read 13,758,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahocougar View Post
"With almost 30,000 California expatriates leading the charge, the number of Republican voters moving from other states to Idaho dwarfs the number of Democrats moving here from other states." -- source: Voter registration data shows California Republicans – not liberals – are flocking to Idaho

It is kind of sad that they can't make up their minds on this. They constantly talk about how conservatives are leaving California on droves. Yet it is always "blue people" that are "ruining" the places that these California people land.

It seems like that sometimes perceived negative change occurs just by increased population changes regardless of who is moving to town.

That being said, you'd hate to see CDA explode to the point it no longer has any of it's original character. Such a unique and stunning place.

Old 02-07-2024, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahocougar View Post

This is what I want to believe. Thank you for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho