Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 11:15 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,205,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormqueen View Post
Hello Friends, I would be immensely appreciative if you can help me find my destination in your beautiful state. I'm an older single woman, self-supporting so no employment needed, looking for the place I can live out the rest of my life as a friendly, contributing member of a community that leans conservative. I will be RENTING, and need really inexpensive rent ($800 or below, & yes I'm hoping for a small house); I'm well aware of current realities that have made it harder than ever to find that, but will get as close to my ideal as possible. My optimum vision: a beautiful place--meaning trees, hills, and water. Prefer not to be in thick forest, just plenty of shade trees & greenery; don't want to live above 6-7,000 feet, love hills & small mountains vs flatlands. Not a big fan of wind. Don't mind a moderate amount of snow but no blizzards, love rain and non-lethal storms, heat as long as it's not 100+ for days & weeks, mid-eighties in summer is perfect. Again--I'm stating my ideals here. Anyone who cares to contribute suggestions will be so very appreciated. This will be the most important move of my life, in many ways, hoping to do so before winter.

I sincerely hope that you'll find or have found your utopia!

The way things are going I as a mostly conservative late 50's man will be seeking peace somewhere in the USA soon enough, except I'll need employment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2020, 12:08 PM

11 posts, read 8,998 times
Not sure what to make of your post, as phrased.

Old 10-05-2020, 03:01 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,205,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMossHere View Post
Not sure what to make of your post, as phrased.

You're potentially making it more than it reads.
The OP was seeking peace in Idaho, was hoping that she found what she was seeking "her utopia".

Old 10-05-2020, 04:50 PM

783 posts, read 843,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Any specifics on which info on Zillow is inaccurate?
The big difference with Zillow is that it is WAYYYYY behind in information and valuations from my experience.

Realtor.com is pretty quick with the updates from property taxes to new homes on the market and 'just sold'.

I pretty much go with Realtor.com now.

Old 10-05-2020, 06:52 PM

11 posts, read 8,998 times
atgss, I meant the second part of your post.

Old 10-05-2020, 06:53 PM

5,588 posts, read 5,033,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMT View Post
The big difference with Zillow is that it is WAYYYYY behind in information and valuations from my experience.

Realtor.com is pretty quick with the updates from property taxes to new homes on the market and 'just sold'.

I pretty much go with Realtor.com now.
I see.

Old 11-08-2020, 12:02 PM

11 posts, read 10,765 times
Hi, I'm also a Conservative female looking to retire among like-minded folks. Brought my youngest to Seattle area for the schools (escaping from CA) and have found the uber liberal atmosphere here unwelcoming, even more so, since COVID. I will be looking to rent in the area, need to work, but cannot tolerate the mask. Any advice?

Old 11-08-2020, 12:25 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,968,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bphill View Post
Hi, I'm also a Conservative female looking to retire among like-minded folks. Brought my youngest to Seattle area for the schools (escaping from CA) and have found the uber liberal atmosphere here unwelcoming, even more so, since COVID. I will be looking to rent in the area, need to work, but cannot tolerate the mask. Any advice?
The OP started another post a couple of weeks after she posted this one saying she is moving to the Texas Hill country.

Old 11-08-2020, 12:28 PM

5,588 posts, read 5,033,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
The OP started another post a couple of weeks after she posted this one saying she is moving to the Texas Hill country.
gUESS SHE never made it.

Old 11-08-2020, 12:33 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,968,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
gUESS SHE never made it.
Said she was planning on moving sight unseen, but was worried about flooding. No further posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho