Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2022, 11:15 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,003,754 times

Advertisements

It's a bad time to buy now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2022, 02:42 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,003,754 times
Very interesting:

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...260426697.html

Old 05-03-2022, 01:51 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,185,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I'm not sure I get the gist of this thread. Are you talking about how Idaho is perceived nationally, or locally?

Yes, Boise will always be the center of attention nationally. Nobody even comes close in that regard. But within the State Twin, Idaho Falls, Pocatello are always mentioned in local coverage. Not sure I get what the point is here.

I do agree that when someone in South Carolina hears a story about something in Idaho they have no idea about the geography, as we perhaps have no idea about them either. Such is life.
In gods holy name please do not let Twin Falls get out there nationwide. Then the Californians will start invading like they have the rest of Idaho. Please keep silent on this matter

Old 05-03-2022, 08:22 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
In gods holy name please do not let Twin Falls get out there nationwide. Then the Californians will start invading like they have the rest of Idaho. Please keep silent on this matter
Don't worry , its to my understanding that Twin is a refugee city.

Old 05-04-2022, 09:31 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,755,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Don't worry , its to my understanding that Twin is a refugee city.
Yup due mostly in part to CSI college they are big time liberals inviting every and ANYTHING in legal or not. If you ask me THEY are the primary issue with Twin Falls. It's not the majority of people living there as all those I've chatted with at one time or another are dead set against them. The town of Jerome is like "Little Mexico". Just visit the Walmart there and you will get what I mean.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:32 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,637,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
Yup due mostly in part to CSI college they are big time liberals inviting every and ANYTHING in legal or not. If you ask me THEY are the primary issue with Twin Falls. It's not the majority of people living there as all those I've chatted with at one time or another are dead set against them. The town of Jerome is like "Little Mexico". Just visit the Walmart there and you will get what I mean.
Big "turnoff" for visitors from border states who visit Idaho, and want to escape from the "Little Mexico" experience, that they have in their home state. But when you enter a Wal-Mart, other than the Idaho flag up on the ceiling, you could be in any state for that matter.

Old 05-04-2022, 04:54 PM

8,489 posts, read 8,771,754 times
From CSI Refugee Center: "Since it's inception, the CSIRP has resettled more than 2500 refugees from a variety of different continents; providing local businesses with a steady source of entry level workers."

Different motivations co-mingle. Compassion, politics, administrative jobs, business expansion, etc.

Over 40 years of operation. Begun during Reagan years with an emphasis on eastern Europe. Don't have year to year numbers but most years would likely have less than 100 new refugees.

Refugee resettlement and illegal immigration are two different things, though they have some similarities in issues and reactions. Neither process would be as far along without employers looking for workforce supplements / alternatives (presumably cheaper and less mobile).

Last edited by NW Crow; 05-04-2022 at 05:34 PM..

Old 05-04-2022, 05:16 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,362,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
It's already known about and growing.

On a side note,
Diversity is a strength. Those on this page of posts who oppose others of different ethnicities and are 'muricans who moved here from out of state should move out of state. This extreme right wing lunacy needs to end. This isn't what Idaho is.
#idahoistoogreatforhate

Old 05-04-2022, 06:06 PM

8,489 posts, read 8,771,754 times
Twin Falls decided not to become a "Sanctuary" or "Welcoming" city to refugees. Settled for Neighborly" city, for refugees not illegals.

https://www.boisestatepublicradio.or...eighborly-city

But it is just words, fwiw. Certainly nothing about hiding illegals or refusing to cooperate with I.C.E. like a few places elsewhere.

2nd Amendment Sanctuary? They passed that right thru with stated intent to vigorously enforce.

Last edited by NW Crow; 05-04-2022 at 06:41 PM..

Old 05-10-2022, 03:44 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveburbank View Post
I'm wondering why there is a not a subforum here dedicated to Twin Falls? Only Boise and Idaho Falls
Sub-forums are apparently left up to the moderators here.
I'm pretty sure that Twin Falls will eventually get its own sub-forum when there's enough interest in that area specifically to warrant one.

When I joined C-D, there were no sub-forums at all. The first was Boise, as interest in moving there grew, and Idaho Falls came along a year or so later.

Right now, Coeur d'Alene has no sub-forum, nor does North Idaho, though at first, that region was by far the most discussed. The Idaho forum still is the one where all topics on that area are found.

Really, all of the Idaho forum is regional. The sub-forums named by cities are just a short-hand way to indicate the regions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho