Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 11:56 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,756,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Boundndown View Post
Might be 3 soon........
as they say "come on down". Folks from Sutter Co. were good folks. I used to travel for a living and went through there many time. I think you'd get along just fine here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 09:06 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,007,568 times
Quote:
Might be 3 soon........
The sooner the better.

Old 06-29-2020, 09:23 PM

99 posts, read 56,258 times
Cool. Won't be long. My daughter and her b.f just got the go ahead on a rental in Kuna today. They'll be moving before us dammit! Oh, and tomorrow is my last day of work.

Old 06-29-2020, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Cool. Won't be long. My daughter and her b.f just got the go ahead on a rental in Kuna today. They'll be moving before us dammit! Oh, and tomorrow is my last day of work.
Last call

Old 06-29-2020, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Isn't Kuna far from Hagerman? It's more like Boise lifestyle in the Treasure Valley. Hagerman is closer to Buhl, Jerome, Firth more southeast direction?

Old 06-30-2020, 01:20 PM

29,213 posts, read 22,351,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Isn't Kuna far from Hagerman? It's more like Boise lifestyle in the Treasure Valley. Hagerman is closer to Buhl, Jerome, Firth more southeast direction?
Yup. Kuna is bout 130 miles away from Hagerman.
Firth is about the same distance eastward. Firth is only a few miles south from Idaho Falls. Both are little towns, but I'm guessing Kuna is a little larger than Firth. Kuna is close to Caldwell, which lies about 20 miles west of Boise, closer to the Oregon border.

Buhl and Jerome are both close to Hagerman, as is Wendell. All are closer to Twin Falls than any other large city.

Old 06-30-2020, 04:30 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,756,993 times
Umm Kuna is about 14 miles SW of downtown Boise, not so much directly west let alone by the other towns mentioned. Like directly South of Meridian. But yeah, it's a good 1.5 hours+ from Hagerman to Kuna. Kuna is growing like a weed, not my style to say the least. But guess for some it's all their options are. Tons of cookie cutter affordable homes.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yup. Kuna is bout 130 miles away from Hagerman.
Firth is about the same distance eastward. Firth is only a few miles south from Idaho Falls. Both are little towns, but I'm guessing Kuna is a little larger than Firth. Kuna is close to Caldwell, which lies about 20 miles west of Boise, closer to the Oregon border.

Buhl and Jerome are both close to Hagerman, as is Wendell. All are closer to Twin Falls than any other large city.
Kuna is in a more densely populated area in the Treasure Valley. To me it would be worth while to investigate those areas of Buhl, Jerome, Hagerman, Wendell to Twin Falls, Pocatello and Idaho Falls. Lots of real estate and land to cover.

Old 06-30-2020, 11:44 PM

29,213 posts, read 22,351,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Kuna is in a more densely populated area in the Treasure Valley. To me it would be worth while to investigate those areas of Buhl, Jerome, Hagerman, Wendell to Twin Falls, Pocatello and Idaho Falls. Lots of real estate and land to cover.
Yup. But believe me... there are a lot of folks who are not overlooking any of those towns right now.

The peace, quiet, safety, and security these small towns offer, along with their anonymity and privacy, are all very valuable commodities lots of folks crave in other parts of our country really desire.

They are not making a big deal out of moving here, but they're moving in. For them, the scenery and internet availability aren't their primary reasons for looking a town over.

Quite a few of them are wealthy enough that they already own a getaway in some highly scenic spot in some other place. Along with the big house they're trying to sell in L.A. or St. Louis. Or the Hamptons, or Chicago.
They crave different things than someone who's in the middle class wants in living here.

Outsider interest in Idaho as a place to move is actually older in the southern half of the state than in the north. It began down here in earnest for Californians around the time Sun Valley was built in the early 30s, but it began longer ago by far.

Old 07-01-2020, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yup. But believe me... there are a lot of folks who are not overlooking any of those towns right now.

The peace, quiet, safety, and security these small towns offer, along with their anonymity and privacy, are all very valuable commodities lots of folks crave in other parts of our country really desire.

They are not making a big deal out of moving here, but they're moving in. For them, the scenery and internet availability aren't their primary reasons for looking a town over.

Quite a few of them are wealthy enough that they already own a getaway in some highly scenic spot in some other place. Along with the big house they're trying to sell in L.A. or St. Louis. Or the Hamptons, or Chicago.
They crave different things than someone who's in the middle class wants in living here.

Outsider interest in Idaho as a place to move is actually older in the southern half of the state than in the north. It began down here in earnest for Californians around the time Sun Valley was built in the early 30s, but it began longer ago by far.
We must then swear to secrecy here
Don't need any advertisements here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho