Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 10:11 AM

149 posts, read 1,097,750 times

Advertisements

As someone who used to drive with 8-B plates, I can vouch for the dangerous drivers with 1-J plates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2006, 11:48 AM

313 posts, read 833,874 times
Well from this family with California plates on our Suburban, I can tell you we had to dodge out of the way from a few vehicles with Idaho plates while we were there. I think the worse was the cars with Washington plates though. Hopefully we will get our Idaho plates quickly so we can't be associated with Ca anymore!

Old 06-22-2006, 12:50 PM

246 posts, read 329,034 times
Default Drivers

Remember Cali, they drive on the right in Idaho. It wasn't you doing the dodging.

Magpies

Old 06-23-2006, 12:39 AM

278 posts, read 1,138,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpiesMagpiesMagpies
I remember the winter temperature inversions were really bad years back but they haven't been that big of a problem recently. In any case, compared to the kind of pollution you'd see in any moderately-sized city the health implications would be minimal in my estimation.

The only health risk I'd be mindful of is the cellphone toting SUV driver with California (or 1-J) plates.

Magpies
Do not forget the 2C drivers or the Boise county ones and many more .as for the cell phone it is any one but this proves my point that Idaho dose not like calif people moving there. When I first got there my car was spat on and I had things thrown at me and so did the wife. what I thought was funny is how the mountain people talked of the flat lenders and the other way around all think there the best drivers but having driven in Idaho as a profession I can say there is no deference in any state I have driven in there all good and some bad mixed in home grown or moved in but then again it is easy to balm out of staters for every thing
I know the winter smog, inversion, what ever you want to call it was as bad and worse then the san fran bay area of calif most winters, it did affect both my son and I with breathing trouble. The wood burning stoves and fire places were the biggest add to the particulate matter and that is why they also have burn ban days in the valley not some thing that is done unless it gets really bad. Also I know Idaho has been forced by the feds to make some changes also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho